Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24508 24509 24510 24511 24512 24513 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:39 am

The Eleventh AK
I was thinking of Nintendo franchises where they've added full voice acting, like Star Fox with Star Fox: Assault or Metroid with Metroid: Other M (yeah I know there were Star Fox games with voice acting before that, but I'm using it as an example ANYWAY) but a lot of them are games that I, personally, really enjoy, but seem to be pretty commonly thought of as bad games. AM I JUST STUPID AND LIKE BAD GAMES? WTF
I think people don't like it when characters are given voices, because then they can't identify with them the way that they had built them up in their mind. It's a pretty common problem with long-standing characters that are given voices, but people just need to get over it so we can move the ******** on, you know?

And don't use the same 8 voice actors that every anime uses. Go the Valve route and really kick a** at it.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:43 am

or get some old actor like Patrick Stewart or Leonard Nimoy because they have the COOLEST ******** VOICES EVER

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:44 am

The Eleventh AK
Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK
I guess, but I also hate when people say that Zelda NEEDS voice acting. and they're like OH MY GOD IT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE IT YET

I personally think the way Zelda does the weird little vocal noises with text has a great charm to it. Especially since a lot of them are really funny. Like that dude in Wind Waker who's all like KERSPLISH or whatever.
I think that it should evolve to add it, yeah. It is a little weird that it's still all text, but that's better than bad voice acting. The little nods with the grunts and small words characters say helps, but how awesome would it be to have Ganon's monologue at the end of a game before you fight him with some fitting, orchestrated music? How much more touching would the ending of Windwaker be if the king was actually voice-acted? How much more depth could we get out of a monologue from Ganondorf if we could hear his voice? I know we should get context from the actual dialog, but if we could hear the sorrow in his words or the hidden layer of anger in the background... It would be very powerful.

...yeah you've already swayed me, that would be ******** incredible. get some ******** grade-A writers on that s**t, grade-A voice actors.... oh man. OH MAN
I KNOW.

Valve should approach Nintendo and Nintendo should get their stubborn Japanese heads out of their asses and team up with them. That would be SO BALLIN but it would never happen if they couldn't put it on the PC. STILL GET SOME GOOD VOICE ACTIN'.

Nintendo doesn't have a lot of experience in a lot of things that they need to improve on, but if they improved on these things, their games would be ridiculous. Voice acting for a Zelda game, great online systems for Smash Bros and Mario Karts and Star Fox, high def graphics for everything with their crazy art styles and beloved franchises.

I'm pretty pumped for Project Cafe.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:46 am

but brb or maybe not lol

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:46 am

I can't really see Nintendo escaping anime-esque voice acting though, them being a Japanese company. Whereas all the games that stand out for me as having really good voice acting tend to be by Western developers.

I guess I just wish localization was generally a lot better than it is.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:49 am

Valve Metroid. Yes plz. Valve Zelda? Eh...

To me they're best at sci-fi. And also first-person. And I ain't want no first person Zelda
ICK

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:51 am

Also my mom is going to murder me if I buy another console next year. gonk
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:51 am

The Eleventh AK

To me they're best at sci-fi. And also first-person. And I ain't want no first person Zelda
ICK

First Person Zelda?

....how would that even? ._.

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:57 am

J of The Wind
The Eleventh AK

ICK

First Person Zelda?

I think Twilight Princess was originally going to be first person actually. Or at least, they tried it and didn't like how it felt.

I can see it. I mean, most of the items go first person when you use them anyways. I just like being able to see Link. Because... I dunno why. Yeah s**t just got kinda gay.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:02 am

The Eleventh AK
J of The Wind
The Eleventh AK

ICK

First Person Zelda?

I think Twilight Princess was originally going to be first person actually. Or at least, they tried it and didn't like how it felt.

I can see it. I mean, most of the items go first person when you use them anyways. I just like being able to see Link. Because... I dunno why. Yeah s**t just got kinda gay.

Yeaaah.... xd

But I guess I can see it since you mention the items. I hadn't really thought about it tat way since a simple button press puts you right back to third person.

It would be weird going through the entire game like that though! It'd be like... you holding and flailing your sword out in front of you the whole time.

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:07 am

J of The Wind
The Eleventh AK
J of The Wind
The Eleventh AK

ICK

First Person Zelda?

Yeaaah.... xd

But I guess I can see it since you mention the items. I hadn't really thought about it tat way since a simple button press puts you right back to third person.

It would be weird going through the entire game like that though! It'd be like... you holding and flailing your sword out in front of you the whole time.

Like Minecraft!

Or... the Elder Scrolls games are first person, aren't they?
Truth be told I bet they could make it good. I just like third person games more than first person, with Valve games being the only exception. Stuff like Half-Life or Portal benefit greatly by having you see things through their eyes. Makes you feel like the character is you, in a way. s**t's hot. Love it. YEAAAAAH.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:16 am

The Eleventh AK
J of The Wind
The Eleventh AK
J of The Wind
The Eleventh AK

ICK

First Person Zelda?

Yeaaah.... xd

Like Minecraft!

Or... the Elder Scrolls games are first person, aren't they?
Truth be told I bet they could make it good. I just like third person games more than first person, with Valve games being the only exception. Stuff like Half-Life or Portal benefit greatly by having you see things through their eyes. Makes you feel like the character is you, in a way. s**t's hot. Love it. YEAAAAAH.

Hm...Come to think of it, it may turn out like Elder Scrolls if anything. XD

If Valve were to make it, eh... I dunno... It could be interesting to see the Game from Link's eyes. Like the rest of Valve's games it's not like the protagonist talks anyway. Link would fit right in! 3nodding

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:45 am

First person? Sure, if you want to kill the platforming element all together...
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:38 am

In Wind Waker, Medli ways WAAAAAIT! And link says C'MON!

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 am

Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK
I was thinking of Nintendo franchises where they've added full voice acting, like Star Fox with Star Fox: Assault or Metroid with Metroid: Other M (yeah I know there were Star Fox games with voice acting before that, but I'm using it as an example ANYWAY) but a lot of them are games that I, personally, really enjoy, but seem to be pretty commonly thought of as bad games. AM I JUST STUPID AND LIKE BAD GAMES? WTF
I think people don't like it when characters are given voices, because then they can't identify with them the way that they had built them up in their mind. It's a pretty common problem with long-standing characters that are given voices, but people just need to get over it so we can move the ******** on, you know?

And don't use the same 8 voice actors that every anime uses. Go the Valve route and really kick a** at it.

People can just cry more if Samus isn't what they conjured up entirely in their head, for all I care. Sakomoto had this image of her going since AT LEAST Super Metroid. And I guess you're not allowed to show emotion to the thing that killed your parents either (even though Valve will do exactly the same thing with Alyx in HL2 episode 3,and it will suddenly become EXCELLENT character development. Hell, they already did it in episode 1. She freaked the ******** out when that thing was on top of her. Why didn't anyone b***h and moan about that?)

I think Metroid fans are just conservative hypocrites who don't really know the first thing about storytelling and compelling characters.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24508 24509 24510 24511 24512 24513 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games