Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24586 24587 24588 24589 24590 24591 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:06 pm

I don't mind!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:15 pm

HMPH.

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:18 pm

S-sorry?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:27 pm

No, I just don't get this heart piece puzzle. I must need another item.

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Do dododo do do DO do DO! do do dododo do do do do do
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Jaycorn
dumb

I love reload points SO MUCH right now

what's that? o .o

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Shiny Gligar
Jaycorn
dumb

I love reload points SO MUCH right now

what's that? o .o

Well there's this new feature for the 3DS' VC where you can basically save the game anywhere you want, and then you can load the game from that point whenever via the touch screen. Kinda like save states for emulators, I think? They really come in handy if you make one right before fighting a tough boss.

I think they were called reload points... something along those lines anyway
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:58 pm

...restore points maybe? /lazy

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:43 pm

I think they're restore points, and yeah, they're pretty awesome. It would be kind of a gyp imo if they were on NES games, or a console with brutally tough games. I dunno. If someone beat a hard game using save states, did they really beat it? But for Game Boy and Color games, who cares.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:05 pm

yeah they are also used in speed run game recording, basically they could be used to make videos of the fastest possible way to beat a game, luck and skill be damned.

Xilo The Odd

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 am

Dead Rising 2 and Resident Evil 5 are 50% off on Steam right now.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:41 am

I was at EB Games today, and the dude told me they wouldn't be getting eshop point cards for a while, not only there, but stores in general around here. Annnnnnnnnnnd I don't think I'm quite ready for a credit card... emo

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:52 am

Here's a pointer, the best way to make me angry is to tell me what things I can and can't have opinions on. So yea if you're ever looking to piss me off... you know what to do biggrin
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:52 am

The Eleventh AK
Here's a pointer, the best way to make me angry is to tell me what things I can and can't have opinions on. So yea if you're ever looking to piss me off... you know what to do biggrin

ur bein ovr emoticonal

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:57 am

Meta_Fish
I think they're restore points, and yeah, they're pretty awesome. It would be kind of a gyp imo if they were on NES games, or a console with brutally tough games. I dunno. If someone beat a hard game using save states, did they really beat it? But for Game Boy and Color games, who cares.

Maybe it's a bit like how we cheated to get tons of extra lives in Sonic 2 just so we could practice without having to go back to the beginning every single time we lost? I mean, we managed to beat everything, but it was just a lot less tedious than intended. It's basically the same thing with save states. I still think skill matters, or else you wouldn't be able to do it at all. It definitely wouldn't be right to brag about how quickly you beat it anymore, though.

Aren't some GB games hard?
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24586 24587 24588 24589 24590 24591 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games