Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24596 24597 24598 24599 24600 24601 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:17 pm

The Eleventh AK
l-Kriel-l
The Eleventh AK
l-Kriel-l
I'm thinking about getting Cave Story, but then there's the 3DS one soon.
what do i do what do i doooooooooo

if you like retro-styled games and chiptunes get the wiiware or dsiware version

if you don't care about that get the 3DS version

Well I know that, Cave Story is one of my favorite games ever.
But...the 3DS one comes out in august. I'll just get the DSi version for now.

THEN WHY THE ******** DID YOU ASK f*****t

BECAUSE OF THE ETERNAL QUESTION SPEND MONEY OR DON'T SPEND MONEY AND I CHOSE TO SPEND MONEY
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:20 pm

I dunno whether to get the 3DS version either
On the one hand it looks really cool, but on the other I don't really want to buy and play through it a third time.

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:21 pm

so what i can't walk my v****a ain't handicap
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Other M wasn't enough like Fusion and wasn't enough like Prime. It was cool and a good game and everything, but I want one or the other, not the b*****d child of both.

I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me.

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:22 pm

I don't think it was supposed to be like either of those games
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 pm

The Eleventh AK
I don't think it was supposed to be like either of those games
I mean the control style. Like it wasn't great as an FPS and it wasn't great as a side-scroller.

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Blending third and first person elements is great in a Zelda game but when Metroid does it it's suddenly a horrible idea.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Hey Ryan, happy birthday.
What Zelda would that be? I didn't say it was a bad idea, just that I want one or the other.

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Nomega
What Zelda would that be? I didn't say it was a bad idea, just that I want one or the other.

Thanks!

Every 3D Zelda has implemented first person in the way that Other M did. Stationary aiming. There's also Z-targeting, but Other M had that too. And I'm not saying people aren't allowed to dislike the game. I just don't think it gets a fair shot, especially when Metroid fans just seem to hate everything new (they did the same thing with Prime).
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:35 pm

The first person stuff did get kind of annoying sometimes. I loved the 3rd person stuff though. I wanna say it reminded me of Super Metroid, even though I never played that game >_>

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 pm

I can see why people would think the first person was slow, but it WAS for a few key reasons. Missiles basically devastate anything. It would be kind of cheap to have that power along with full mobility, and you can still dodge incoming attacks, at least.

It would have been nice if Sakamoto had utilized the nunchuk for first person movement, but whatever I guess. I thought it was still really good.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 pm

i think other m was great

thats all i have to say on the matter

Orphie

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:42 pm

Waynebrizzle
Nomega

Thanks!

Every 3D Zelda has implemented first person in the way that Other M did. Stationary aiming. There's also Z-targeting, but Other M had that too. And I'm not saying people aren't allowed to dislike the game. I just don't think it gets a fair shot, especially when Metroid fans just seem to hate everything new (they did the same thing with Prime).
Well the obvious difference between Zelda and Metroid is that Samus doesn't have a sword (yet). Link is pretty fluent in his fighting, in my opinion. In a game that's supposed to be fast paced like Other M, stationary shooting doesn't mix well with the formula. Not to mention that Zelda's in an open world, but I see your point.

I guess it comes down to, yeah, I don't like when they change things that much.
Innovation comes from change, though. Eh, some things do it for me and others don't.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Never played Other M.
Wherpdedwerp.

l-Kriel-l

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Nomega
Waynebrizzle
Nomega

Thanks!

Well the obvious difference between Zelda and Metroid is that Samus doesn't have a sword (yet). Link is pretty fluent in his fighting, in my opinion. In a game that's supposed to be fast paced like Other M, stationary shooting doesn't mix well with the formula. Not to mention that Zelda's in an open world, but I see your point.

I guess it comes down to, yeah, I don't like when they change things that much.
Innovation comes from change, though. Eh, some things do it for me and others don't.

Yeah, the first person is kinda weird in a game developed by SUPER ACTION DEV TEAM NINJA. There were probably a lot of clashing ideas between them and Sakamoto, now that I think about it. Sakamoto used to want the game to be entirely on rails, which would have probably pissed me off pretty effectively
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24596 24597 24598 24599 24600 24601 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games