Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:28 pm
*Intriguingly watching the conversation while sucking on jollyranchers* Om nom  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:03 pm
Damn, you both have crappy health problems with your headaches n' s**t.  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:09 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
My hair is weird and doesn't take dyes very well, despite that it isn't really very dark (a kind of auburn-y color, I think? I haven't had my hair its natural color in a loooong time >>; ). Genetically speaking, I SHOULD have dark hair since every other person in my family does, but I got to be the odd one out and end up with a bit of a red tint. I'm also the only person in my family that inherited enough Irish genetics to guarantee I'll always be a pasty little white girl. No tans here, only horrid lobster burns if I dare to take off my jacket for long in the daylight. Not that that is really bad, I like being pale and dislike the sun, anyway. cat_xd
I understand the headaches thing. I'm a chronic migraine sufferer, myself, and I have some of the strangest triggers. I even had to cut off most of my hair because, despite it being fine, it still weighed enough to put my head in a constant state of misery.
In the long run, even though these glasses may give me headaches, I just can't afford contacts, so I'll just have to put on my big girl panties and deal with it. Hopefully they'll help enough with my eye strain-related migraines to be worth any suffering they may cause.
I sound like a whiny little b***h, I'm sorry... .__.

Lol yah I am 50% Italian and I CANNOT TAN TO SAVE MY LIFE! I am white as a ghost! The only upside is I can go out in the sun for 6 hours with no sunblock on and not burn.
And if my hair is the problem for my headaches, I don't care, I am KEEPING IT! MY HAIR! emotion_donotwant
And my headaches in 6th and 7th grade were eye strain, now they're stress.
And you don't sound whiny at all -huggles-

Luckyyyy. I burn mega easily. I also get sun sick and sunlight triggers migraines for me. So I really don't go outside in the light of day, like, at all. Not even to swim in the summer. I'm lucky my beau's parents have their own pool so I can go swimming at night and not have to worry over it.
I had to get a bunch of damage cut out of my hair, so it wasn't really a terribly thing for me. My hair is growing faster now, anyway, and I have a super cute style! emotion_yatta (Is like this. Ramona Flowers~ emotion_kirakira Still miss my long hair, though.)
My headaches are caused, quite literally, by just about anything and everything. Certain sound frequencies, certain repetitive sounds (like box fans or an off-balance ceiling fan), staring at any kind of electronic screen too long (I will never have an eReader.), being around people (social anxiety rocks), all matter of things.
They're pretty much impossible for me to manage, which means I've taken enough pain killers in my short twenty-one years of life to have quite probably permanently thinned my blood. Which is a tad inconvenient when coupled with anemia. But at least my blood is a pretty color! 8D
I like youuuuu. emotion_kirakira *huggles back*

I don't swim at night. I want to, but my parents want one of them over, just in case.
You're like a little owl, aren't you? -cuddles- emotion_hug
The main source of my headaches were stress but, like you, I can never have an eReader -- if I stare at anything electronic too long, my eyeballs dry out and my head feels, quite literally, like it will split open.
Lights don't bother me too bad, but high pitched sounds kind of will.
Oddly enough, I have way above the average human hearing. I hear things through walls and, my teacher did a test in class, I can hear up to 25,000 decibels I think.
Don't take excedrin every day, apparently you can get kidney stones? That's what my doctor told me. Because that's what I was doing. Taking it every day.
If you are getting headaches literally every day, go see a neurologist and as about Topamax. That's what I'm on and it's my miracle medicine. All my headaches are gone!
They were mainly due to stress in school but after we found the right dosage, they disappeared.
OMG THAT HAIR IS GORGEOUS!
I swear to god if I ever had to cut my hair short I would cut it like that and dye it crayola red with sparkly green tips. emotion_kirakira
I like you too :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:49 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Luckyyyy. I burn mega easily. I also get sun sick and sunlight triggers migraines for me. So I really don't go outside in the light of day, like, at all. Not even to swim in the summer. I'm lucky my beau's parents have their own pool so I can go swimming at night and not have to worry over it.
I had to get a bunch of damage cut out of my hair, so it wasn't really a terribly thing for me. My hair is growing faster now, anyway, and I have a super cute style! emotion_yatta (Is like this. Ramona Flowers~ emotion_kirakira Still miss my long hair, though.)
My headaches are caused, quite literally, by just about anything and everything. Certain sound frequencies, certain repetitive sounds (like box fans or an off-balance ceiling fan), staring at any kind of electronic screen too long (I will never have an eReader.), being around people (social anxiety rocks), all matter of things.
They're pretty much impossible for me to manage, which means I've taken enough pain killers in my short twenty-one years of life to have quite probably permanently thinned my blood. Which is a tad inconvenient when coupled with anemia. But at least my blood is a pretty color! 8D

I don't swim at night. I want to, but my parents want one of them over, just in case.
The main source of my headaches were stress but, like you, I can never have an eReader -- if I stare at anything electronic too long, my eyeballs dry out and my head feels, quite literally, like it will split open.
Oddly enough, I have way above the average human hearing. I hear things through walls and, my teacher did a test in class, I can hear up to 25,000 decibels I think.
Don't take excedrin every day, apparently you can get kidney stones? That's what my doctor told me. Because that's what I was doing. Taking it every day.
If you are getting headaches literally every day, go see a neurologist and as about Topamax. That's what I'm on and it's my miracle medicine. All my headaches are gone!
They were mainly due to stress in school but after we found the right dosage, they disappeared.
I swear to god if I ever had to cut my hair short I would cut it like that and dye it crayola red with sparkly green tips. emotion_kirakira

My beau always goes out with me when I swim. I can't swim by myself, I'm not very good at it at all, and I'm terrified of drowning.
Yesss, I'm pretty much a nocturnal creature, my mum thinks it's weird.
When I get migraines, I feel like my skull will implode, and while the thought of it doing so and creating a black hole and ending humanity is terribly amusing, my headaches still make me cry and often make me feel physically ill.
I'm not sure the highest and lowest frequencies I can hear, but my bestie and I can hear things no one else can, which, presumably, would indicate better than average hearing range.
Taking pain killers often can cause damage to kidneys and liver, since they filter the drugs out of your system.
I try to switch up what active drug I use on a regular basis because I have an uncanny ability to build up a high tolerance to pretty much any medication.
Not that that's any better if I'm still taking them a lot.
I'd go to see a doctor about it but, well, I've kinda been completely lacking in medical coverage since I graduated from high school...
My father dropped me off his insurance policy after I turned eighteen because I hate him and refuse to have anything to do with him. He's also a cheapskate, and dropping me would save him money.
I was then given the choice by the government of receiving medical coverage or receiving grants to pay for college. I went to college. Bad choice since I ended up dropping out because I can't handle the social requirement and get sick fair often but can provide no official proof to a*****e professors who drop grades by a full letter for every unexcused absence. Which forced me to drop a course to avoid failing it and losing my scholarship, but then the university took my damn scholarship anyway because I dropped a course at all. They also refused to give me credit for my AP English courses.
My mum thinks I should go back since I'm insanely intelligent and she thinks I'm wasting my knowledge, but I can't even email people without panicking, so I can't handle the social commitment. I'd have a mental breakdown.
It's a great style for me~
It suits my face really well and works well with my curly hair and is very low maintenance and it's pretty much impossible for it to look bad. I recommend it if you ever find yourself having to cut your hair short. cat_3nodding

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:02 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

My beau always goes out with me when I swim. I can't swim by myself, I'm not very good at it at all, and I'm terrified of drowning.
When I get migraines, I feel like my skull will implode, and while the thought of it doing so and creating a black hole and ending humanity is terribly amusing, my headaches still make me cry and often make me feel physically ill.
I'm not sure the highest and lowest frequencies I can hear, but my bestie and I can hear things no one else can, which, presumably, would indicate better than average hearing range.
Taking pain killers often can cause damage to kidneys and liver, since they filter the drugs out of your system.
I try to switch up what active drug I use on a regular basis because I have an uncanny ability to build up a high tolerance to pretty much any medication.
I'd go to see a doctor about it but, well, I've kinda been completely lacking in medical coverage since I graduated from high school...
My father dropped me off his insurance policy after I turned eighteen because I hate him and refuse to have anything to do with him. He's also a cheapskate, and dropping me would save him money.
I was then given the choice by the government of receiving medical coverage or receiving grants to pay for college. I went to college. Bad choice since I ended up dropping out because I can't handle the social requirement and get sick fair often but can provide no official proof to a*****e professors who drop grades by a full letter for every unexcused absence. Which forced me to drop a course to avoid failing it and losing my scholarship, but then the university took my damn scholarship anyway because I dropped a course at all. They also refused to give me credit for my AP English courses.
My mum thinks I should go back since I'm insanely intelligent and she thinks I'm wasting my knowledge, but I can't even email people without panicking, so I can't handle the social commitment. I'd have a mental breakdown.
It suits my face really well and works well with my curly hair and is very low maintenance and it's pretty much impossible for it to look bad. I recommend it if you ever find yourself having to cut your hair short. cat_3nodding

...you are kidding me right? Your dad?
And your college was full of d**k biscuits. You should try to go to a different college though; you need some kind of degree to get somewhere in life.
If stress and panic is a serious mental barrier, consider online college. No presentations, no social situations. You do have to email teacher though so time to get over sending email stress my sweetheart -huggles-
User Image
But if you were in an AP class in college, yah you're smart. Don't waste it! Just consider online college.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:49 pm
Moo!

That is all.

Nutrino Starwind

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:51 pm
ME TOO.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:18 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

And your college was full of d**k biscuits. You should try to go to a different college though; you need some kind of degree to get somewhere in life.
If stress and panic is a serious mental barrier, consider online college. No presentations, no social situations. You do have to email teacher though so time to get over sending email stress my sweetheart -huggles-
User Image
But if you were in an AP class in college, yah you're smart. Don't waste it! Just consider online college.

D'awww, that gif is so adorabibble!
And, unfortunately, I'm not kidding at all, he's kinda an immature asshat like that. He stalked me on the internet for a while, which was well creepy.
College is too expensive, and considering the numerous circumstances that cause me to have panic attacks, I could never get a job, even with a degree.
People are always like "You just have to get over it" or "Stop being a lazy bum and just shut up and put up" or something like that, and it just doesn't work like that. I'm not being a pessimist or making excuses, I'm just simply being honest. It's a serious mental disorder and it doesn't just go away and, contrary to popular belief in my family, I can't choose to turn it off and on at will. I literally can't leave the house by myself and could never live on my own because of that.
I had a breakdown when I was in school, and I would cry every time I had to leave for a class. I was absolutely miserable and probably just a few steps short of landing myself in a mental ward.
I'm working on enlisting my beau to do the front end work and communications of an Etsy shop for me, though, and figuring out how all the taxes and stuff work for that. I loooove handicrafts like crocheting and knitting and I'm fair good at them. I make some pretty awesome little amigurumi plushies and scarves. I've made totoro plushies, dolls of Eccleston and Tennant as the Doctor, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash pony plushies, and, one my best original creations, in my opinion, a Nyan Cat scarf that I patterned myself. I've also hand-sewn a fair wicked pterodactyl hat, complete with poseable wings, out of fleece for a three-dimensional art class. It's a lovely, warm hat in the winter, and very light-weight~ emotion_yatta
Technically being a small business owner and doing something I love sounds better than forcing myself through college to make my family happy, to me.
Then again, I'm crazy, so... *shrugs*

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:26 pm
*noms on Spazzy*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:29 pm
*meows at Jin*
(◉౪◉)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:36 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

User Image

D'awww, that gif is so adorabibble!
And, unfortunately, I'm not kidding at all, he's kinda an immature asshat like that. He stalked me on the internet for a while, which was well creepy.
College is too expensive, and considering the numerous circumstances that cause me to have panic attacks, I could never get a job, even with a degree.
People are always like "You just have to get over it" or "Stop being a lazy bum and just shut up and put up" or something like that, and it just doesn't work like that. I'm not being a pessimist or making excuses, I'm just simply being honest. It's a serious mental disorder and it doesn't just go away and, contrary to popular belief in my family, I can't choose to turn it off and on at will. I literally can't leave the house by myself and could never live on my own because of that.
I had a breakdown when I was in school, and I would cry every time I had to leave for a class. I was absolutely miserable and probably just a few steps short of landing myself in a mental ward.
I'm working on enlisting my beau to do the front end work and communications of an Etsy shop for me, though, and figuring out how all the taxes and stuff work for that. I loooove handicrafts like crocheting and knitting and I'm fair good at them. I make some pretty awesome little amigurumi plushies and scarves. I've made totoro plushies, dolls of Eccleston and Tennant as the Doctor, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash pony plushies, and, one my best original creations, in my opinion, a Nyan Cat scarf that I patterned myself. I've also hand-sewn a fair wicked pterodactyl hat, complete with poseable wings, out of fleece for a three-dimensional art class. It's a lovely, warm hat in the winter, and very light-weight~ emotion_yatta
Technically being a small business owner and doing something I love sounds better than forcing myself through college to make my family happy, to me.
Then again, I'm crazy, so... *shrugs*

We're all crazy. We have to be to survive in this world.
Like right now, I just chased my little brother around my house for a minuet because he farted in my room.
I had no idea your anxiety was that bad. Are you staying with your mother right now? Or your bf?
Etsy is a great way to get your work out there! If I ever get into scale mail and chain mail that's where I'm going.
And I love Doctor Who! Are you a Whovian too?! emotion_kirakira
Do you have a shop right now for Etsy? Or at least pics of your stuff? I'd love to see Totoro emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:03 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
We're all crazy. We have to be to survive in this world.
Like right now, I just chased my little brother around my house for a minuet because he farted in my room.
I had no idea your anxiety was that bad. Are you staying with your mother right now? Or your bf?
Etsy is a great way to get your work out there! If I ever get into scale mail and chain mail that's where I'm going.
And I love Doctor Who! Are you a Whovian too?! emotion_kirakira
Do you have a shop right now for Etsy? Or at least pics of your stuff? I'd love to see Totoro emotion_bigheart

I'm living with my mum. I stay at my beau's house occasionally, and sometimes he stays with me; we live rather close to each other, which is nice.
I am a Whovian~ Admittedly not as much of one as most of the people I know, and I really piss off all my friends when I say I can't stand Rose, don't like Eccleston, and my favorite companion is Martha. Apparently statements like that are taboo in many circles. Whoops. emotion_sweatdrop
I really loved last season, though. Clara is is so spunky and cool~ emotion_yatta
My favorite episodes are "The Doctor's Wife" and "Nightmare in Silver". The fact that both episodes were written by Neil Gaiman is, of course, no coincidence. (BEST. AUTHOR. EVER.)
I don't have a shop yet; the way taxes are done for stuff like that are mega confusing and I'm having an itty bit of trouble finding someone who would be able to help me understand how they work. Bah, government making taxes so gosh darn confusing...
I think I have some pictures around somewhere, though...
Let's see if I can track them down.
I don't have pictures of all the stuff I've made (I don't take pictures of most of my stuff, and I've lost some that were on a phone that died after trying to prove it could fly and/or swim), but here is what I DO have.
Totoros. I made them as a gift for my bestie, whose favorite movie is My Neighbor Totoro. The image is crappy because I probably took it with the digital camera I got from my mum that's, like, 8+ years old. They're, uh, sitting on my beau's keyboard in front of the giant TV he uses as a monitor for his computer, and it would appear his background was Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible at the time. >>;
Wicket the ewok. I've made two or three of these little guys. The first was a Christmas gift for my beau's Star Wars obsessed little cousin (it was his favorite gift, which made me feel mega special), and the one in the picture I made for a friend back in my home state (also Star Wars obsessed).
Aaaaand, Nyan Scarf! That's not the whole thing, the scarf is something like five and a half feet long and about three inches in width for the rainbow, maybe four for the cat, give or take a little, but the rest of the length is just more rainbow. There are six colors (ROYGBV!) but the camera on my phone didn't capture the difference between the blue and the violet very well. This is my personal scarf, as well as the first one I made, so the back is what I'd call "unfinished" because you can see the yarn trail on the back where I embroidered the sprinkles on the pop-tart and features on the face. The feet also have a tendency to turn in and the ears like to curl a bit at the tips. I made another for someone else that was about ten feet in length, about five inches wide for the rainbow and probably six for the cat, but I didn't take pictures of it before I gave it to her, and we're kinda sorta not really friends anymore. There was a backing circle to hide the embroidery trail of the face on hers and I backed the pop-tart in the same cream color as the edges to hide the trail from the sprinkles. It also sandwiched the feet and held them in place better. And, if memory serves me right, I altered the pattern on the ears a little on hers, which prevented the curling I have in mine.
I've also knitted a black scarf with a sort of "bubble" texture pattern for my beau, and I crocheted a lilac-colored scarf with a ridged texture for him, too. (the lilac scarf is like this one that the character Spencer Reid in the show Criminal Minds wears in a couple of episodes, but there's no pattern on the one I made, and it's not flat like Spencer's) He wears them all winter, he's in love with them, and says they're super warm. emotion_yatta
Uhm, okay, now that I've written pretty much a whole page, I suppose I oughtta stop rambling... Hehe. cat_sweatdrop

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:47 pm
Queen Spazzy

Was 10 not your first Doctor? And I love Martha so don't worry. Unfortunately I have to get caught up in the newer episodes. I'll admit I have been slacking. sweatdrop
As far as your crocheted creations, wow. You, my friend, are good! That was one thing I was never good at: knitting or crocheting!
I love Nyan cat and Totoro! I was thinking of making a Nyan cat scarf myself; my mom can knit and she might be able to make one for me.
If you find the pics of the Doctor I'd love to see!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:58 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Was 10 not your first Doctor? And I love Martha so don't worry. Unfortunately I have to get caught up in the newer episodes. I'll admit I have been slacking. sweatdrop
As far as your crocheted creations, wow. You, my friend, are good! That was one thing I was never good at: knitting or crocheting!
I love Nyan cat and Totoro! I was thinking of making a Nyan cat scarf myself; my mom can knit and she might be able to make one for me.
If you find the pics of the Doctor I'd love to see!

A FELLOW MARTHA FAN, EEE!! emotion_bigheart
The first episode I ever actually watched, start to finish, was "The Doctor's Wife", which is Smith, number eleven.
I went backwards from there to Tennant, ten, while he traveled with Martha.
I tried a couple episodes with Rose, but I hate her so much, seriously. cat_gonk
Then I tried an Eccleston, nine, episode that my beau suggested, but I don't like him I don't, I don't, I don't!
I didn't watch much of the seasons with Amy and Rory except for a few of the episodes with River, because she's so darn awesome.
I watched all but the first couple of episodes with Clara (I have to go to my beau's house to watch because we only get local channels at my place, and I didn't go over a couple weekends, so I missed out...), you'll prolly like her, she's hard to NOT like.
Thank you, thank you~ That means a great deal to me. emotion_kirakira
I continually confound my mum with my crafting skills because I'm pretty much entirely self-taught and no one else in my family is any good at crafty stuff.
I'm not sure how the waviness of the rainbow would work in knitting... You should let me know how it works out if she makes one! emotion_c8
I have a Tennant-in-progress about half done. I abandoned him for a while because crocheting was putting undue stress on my eyes, but I ought to pick him up again and work on finishing him... I can give you pictures of him once he's done, though, unfortunately, I can't give you an estimate on finish time. ^^;
There are pictures out somewhere of the Eccleston I made... I think the friend I gave him to put the pictures on Facebook, I'll have to ask the beau and see if he can track the images down for me.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:19 pm
Martha and Donna ftw, 'cuz Rose is a hoe. :T

Hay guise, what was your first episode(s) or the episode(s) that got you your first Doctor?  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games