Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:36 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Was 10 not your first Doctor? And I love Martha so don't worry. Unfortunately I have to get caught up in the newer episodes. I'll admit I have been slacking. sweatdrop
As far as your crocheted creations, wow. You, my friend, are good! That was one thing I was never good at: knitting or crocheting!
I love Nyan cat and Totoro! I was thinking of making a Nyan cat scarf myself; my mom can knit and she might be able to make one for me.
If you find the pics of the Doctor I'd love to see!

A FELLOW MARTHA FAN, EEE!! emotion_bigheart
The first episode I ever actually watched, start to finish, was "The Doctor's Wife", which is Smith, number eleven.
I went backwards from there to Tennant, ten, while he traveled with Martha.
I tried a couple episodes with Rose, but I hate her so much, seriously. cat_gonk
Then I tried an Eccleston, nine, episode that my beau suggested, but I don't like him I don't, I don't, I don't!
I didn't watch much of the seasons with Amy and Rory except for a few of the episodes with River, because she's so darn awesome.
I watched all but the first couple of episodes with Clara (I have to go to my beau's house to watch because we only get local channels at my place, and I didn't go over a couple weekends, so I missed out...), you'll prolly like her, she's hard to NOT like.
Thank you, thank you~ That means a great deal to me. emotion_kirakira
I continually confound my mum with my crafting skills because I'm pretty much entirely self-taught and no one else in my family is any good at crafty stuff.
I'm not sure how the waviness of the rainbow would work in knitting... You should let me know how it works out if she makes one! emotion_c8
I have a Tennant-in-progress about half done. I abandoned him for a while because crocheting was putting undue stress on my eyes, but I ought to pick him up again and work on finishing him... I can give you pictures of him once he's done, though, unfortunately, I can't give you an estimate on finish time. ^^;
There are pictures out somewhere of the Eccleston I made... I think the friend I gave him to put the pictures on Facebook, I'll have to ask the beau and see if he can track the images down for me.

Lol I knew it! I knew your fist Doctor was 11! xd
Just saying, I'm like in love with 10th Doctor. He was my first Doctor and I just love David Tennant cat_4laugh (shame he's married)
And I know Clara; I've seen a few episodes with her. I like her, but I hate it when people ship her and the Doctor together. Sorry it just doesn't work. ESPECIALLY when the TARDIS does not approve!
The Doctor is the TARDIS's man and the TARDIS is the Doctor's sexy. You've heard him call her sexy, right?
And when you do open up your shop, make sure you finish the 10th Doctor plushie, because I might just have to buy two; one for me and one for a friend of mine cat_wink
But no rush m'deary; you've got all summer!
What do you plan on doing with it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:32 pm
I just recorded myself singing and wow...I didn't know I could do that? redface
I was loud and now the house seems that much more quiet...  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:46 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Just saying, I'm like in love with 10th Doctor. He was my first Doctor and I just love David Tennant cat_4laugh (shame he's married)
And I know Clara; I've seen a few episodes with her. I like her, but I hate it when people ship her and the Doctor together. Sorry it just doesn't work. ESPECIALLY when the TARDIS does not approve!
The Doctor is the TARDIS's man and the TARDIS is the Doctor's sexy. You've heard him call her sexy, right?
And when you do open up your shop, make sure you finish the 10th Doctor plushie, because I might just have to buy two; one for me and one for a friend of mine cat_wink

Tennant is my favorite. >3>
Of course I've heard him call her Sexy. "The Doctor's Wife" is up at the top of my favorites list. It's impossible to watch that one and not hear him call her Sexy~
Originally a friend of my beau's sister was gonna buy him from me, but I heard from her once and then never again, so he was prolly gonna end up as shop stock. Or a Christmas gift. I give loooots of homemade Christmas gifts.
Except this past year. I gave books. Which was a real hit with everyone, too. cat_xd
And STILL cheaper than actually buying stuff. (I wasn't shy about saying everything I gave was either a regift or thrift gift. They all know I'm broke, anyway.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:56 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Of course I've heard him call her Sexy. "The Doctor's Wife" is up at the top of my favorites list. It's impossible to watch that one and not hear him call her Sexy~
Originally a friend of my beau's sister was gonna buy him from me, but I heard from her once and then never again, so he was prolly gonna end up as shop stock. Or a Christmas gift. I give loooots of homemade Christmas gifts.
Except this past year. I gave books. Which was a real hit with everyone, too. cat_xd
And STILL cheaper than actually buying stuff. (I wasn't shy about saying everything I gave was either a regift or thrift gift. They all know I'm broke, anyway.)

I love finding another book worm! What's your favorite genre?
I really like Fantasy/Fiction and Sci-Fi. Actually that's all I read sweatdrop  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:44 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

I will read pretty much everything, excluding harlequins and romances, blehhh. emotion_puke
I love fantasy and sci-fi and mystery novels.
My favorite author everevereverEVER (as you probably know by now) is Neil Gaiman. Terry Pratchett runs a pretty close second. And Marion Zimmer Bradley (real shame she died...). And Tamora Pierce. (if you like fantasy, I totally recommend all of these authors~)
I'm also big on books on real crime. Thus the two books on Jack the Ripper and the encyclopedia of kidnappings. With plans to get books on other serial killers, like Charles Manson.
I'm such a huge book addict. I have boxes upon boxes of books. >>;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:00 pm
I hate when I have something to say, BUT I CANNOT COMPETE WITH YOU TWO. You're gorgeously eccentric about what you're talking about. Kudos!

So...I went to super con. It was lovely? Brandy, I thought you'd be interested in this. Scott Tepperman, the star of Ghost Hunters International, was there and made a presentation about his interest in independent, low budget horror films, fielded questions regarding his stance on certain horror movies and gave some information about the Ghost Hunters.

Interesting tidbits:
*Thinks Hollywood messes everything up
*Visited the street where the Amityville house is...says he gets the creeps every single time
*Has played roles in many of these low budget horror films, but truly is passionate and believes in what he does
*Is going to star? in a new horror film called "Hospital" (or The Hospital, whatever)
*Produces, on average, 200-300 hours of footage for a 20 minute episode of Ghost Hunters
*Gets asked by people "Why can't you be scary every week like Ghost Adventures?! Says he knows the guys on that show, that they're nice guys but the show is crap (Agree or disagree, I'm just the messenger lol)
*Will leave Ghost Hunters when his current contract expires
*Actors and shows he likes/dislikes (since I have a brilliant memory)

If you don't want GHI, though...then oops xD..for everyone else who watches it

My friend and I also went to a comedy event called "Revenge of the Nerds"

And of course, panels and commissions. Which is also what I was going to tell you. My friend is a huge MLP fan, so you may have a customer for whom I can recommend you to.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:28 am
I don't watch Ghost Hunters, have never watched Ghost Hunters, because a bunch of obsessive people just made me hate it so much I could never stomach watching it. I've also heard from my beau's mum that, regardless of what the original footage/actual experiences are like, what gets put on television seems horribly staged.
I know that it takes looooots of time to get enough "good" stuff for any kind of ghost hunting show, though, because you can't just choose when ghosts are active.
I like the old Ghost Adventures episodes, but the new stuff is crap. The guys that do the show are super nice to their fans and stuff, though. And the show gives me ideas of places I might like to visit someday, because I can't be normal tourist. cat_razz
An MLP fan friend? That's cool~ If I were to sell ponies, though, they'd probably be a fair bit pricy. They take a looooooot of time and materials to make. But I'll get pictures of my pony plushies whenever I get around to putting the final touches on them (I haven't put cutie marks or eyes on yet; they have to be painted on felt then attached to the pony, and I haven't starched curls into Pinkie Pie's mane and tail yet) and put them up somewhere eventually. ^^;

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:28 am
Queen Spazzy
I don't watch Ghost Hunters, have never watched Ghost Hunters, because a bunch of obsessive people just made me hate it so much I could never stomach watching it. I've also heard from my beau's mum that, regardless of what the original footage/actual experiences are like, what gets put on television seems horribly staged.
I know that it takes looooots of time to get enough "good" stuff for any kind of ghost hunting show, though, because you can't just choose when ghosts are active.
I like the old Ghost Adventures episodes, but the new stuff is crap. The guys that do the show are super nice to their fans and stuff, though. And the show gives me ideas of places I might like to visit someday, because I can't be normal tourist. cat_razz
An MLP fan friend? That's cool~ If I were to sell ponies, though, they'd probably be a fair bit pricy. They take a looooooot of time and materials to make. But I'll get pictures of my pony plushies whenever I get around to putting the final touches on them (I haven't put cutie marks or eyes on yet; they have to be painted on felt then attached to the pony, and I haven't starched curls into Pinkie Pie's mane and tail yet) and put them up somewhere eventually. ^^;

Oh...Guess it was Ghost Adventures, then. That's odd. xD so do you actually believe any of the footage on the ghost shows are real?

Lol okay ^^..I would expect it to be a bit pricey. Of course, she may not want one for a while, but if she does, I'll certainly let you know. biggrin  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:15 pm
Blind Blindness
Queen Spazzy

Oh...Guess it was Ghost Adventures, then. That's odd. xD so do you actually believe any of the footage on the ghost shows are real?

Lol okay ^^..I would expect it to be a bit pricey. Of course, she may not want one for a while, but if she does, I'll certainly let you know. biggrin

Could be real. Could be not real. Probably a bit of both.
I love finding out what goes on outside the actual ghost hunting, though. The technology and stuff that helps the hunt.
And thank you~ If she lets you know a certain pony or something, I can make it and hold it back for her if/when she's interested. emotion_c8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:35 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

I will read pretty much everything, excluding harlequins and romances, blehhh. emotion_puke
My favorite author everevereverEVER (as you probably know by now) is Neil Gaiman. Terry Pratchett runs a pretty close second. And Marion Zimmer Bradley (real shame she died...). And Tamora Pierce. (if you like fantasy, I totally recommend all of these authors~)
I'm also big on books on real crime. Thus the two books on Jack the Ripper and the encyclopedia of kidnappings. With plans to get books on other serial killers, like Charles Manson.

I need to start reading murder mysteries.
My mother reads all kinds of murder mystery books and I am totally jealous of her skills.
Do you watch Whodoneit on ABC? (PLEASE SAY YES!!!!)  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:45 pm
Blind Blindness
I hate when I have something to say, BUT I CANNOT COMPETE WITH YOU TWO. You're gorgeously eccentric about what you're talking about. Kudos!

So...I went to super con. It was lovely? Brandy, I thought you'd be interested in this. Scott Tepperman, the star of Ghost Hunters International, was there and made a presentation about his interest in independent, low budget horror films, fielded questions regarding his stance on certain horror movies and gave some information about the Ghost Hunters.

Interesting tidbits:
*Visited the street where the Amityville house is...says he gets the creeps every single time
*Has played roles in many of these low budget horror films, but truly is passionate and believes in what he does
*Is going to star? in a new horror film called "Hospital" (or The Hospital, whatever)
*Produces, on average, 200-300 hours of footage for a 20 minute episode of Ghost Hunters
*Gets asked by people "Why can't you be scary every week like Ghost Adventures?! Says he knows the guys on that show, that they're nice guys but the show is crap (Agree or disagree, I'm just the messenger lol)

And of course, panels and commissions. Which is also what I was going to tell you. My friend is a huge MLP fan, so you may have a customer for whom I can recommend you to.

I kind of agree with Spazzy -- i used to watch ghost shows, but some stuff ( not GHI specifically) was so staged it made me want to vomit.
Some stuff, like the background story of the house, I know is true. Some of the footage I know is true. But stuff like when they bring in a psychic, it's questionable.
The only reason I say this is because I can actually see/sense spirits and ghosts.
I remember going to a bed and breakfast once because it had a corn field in the back (my brother went there for boy scouts) and I took one look and it and knew something had happened there.
I actually asked the person giving us a tour if there had been any ghost sightings and she said yes, that the owner had seen a ghost before in the hallways.
And I still want you to jump into conversations! -huggles-  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:59 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

My mother reads all kinds of murder mystery books and I am totally jealous of her skills.

Here's an author that might be a good starting point if you wanna get into mystery books; John Bellairs.
He died before I was born, unfortunately, but he was quite prolific in his lifetime.
You'll find him in the kids section, they'll be rather quick reads, but they're good, which makes them a good starting point. emotion_c8 (I'm about to reread his books, myself, as soon as they come back in at the library. cat_razz )
You might try Lillian Jackson Braun after that. She writes the "Cat Who" series. I love it because one of the main characters is a cat. ^^; She has something like two or three short story collections if your don't wanna commit to a longer book at first, but her books aren't too much of a commitment compared to most murder mystery novels.
James Patterson is a great murder mystery author, but a lot of his books do take a pretty commitment to get through. He wrote a neat children's series, though, the Maximum Ride series. I have it, the books are lovely, and a fair quick read, but it's a little more sci-fantasy rather than mystery. (Still recommend them, though~)
I... don't really watch TV. emotion_8c
I wanted to watch it, but I think it comes on at the same time as something my mum watches...
She's big on reality tv/game shows, so she has the TV most of the evening.
The only show I get is Under the Dome because it comes on after Big Brother. cat_xd

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:29 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

Interesting tidbits:

I kind of agree with Spazzy -- i used to watch ghost shows, but some stuff ( not GHI specifically) was so staged it made me want to vomit.
Some stuff, like the background story of the house, I know is true. Some of the footage I know is true. But stuff like when they bring in a psychic, it's questionable.
The only reason I say this is because I can actually see/sense spirits and ghosts.
I remember going to a bed and breakfast once because it had a corn field in the back (my brother went there for boy scouts) and I took one look and it and knew something had happened there.
I actually asked the person giving us a tour if there had been any ghost sightings and she said yes, that the owner had seen a ghost before in the hallways.

I'm terrible about watching television (Brandy and I share this in common!), and I've only seen a couple Ghost Hunter episodes. I tend to think paranormal spirits do exist, and I've thought a few nights throughout the years that they were in my house. One night, I recall, I was on the computer, and my radio was on FM setting, playing music. All of a sudden I hear a blaring "BZZZZZZZZ"...how it is on the AM setting. I checked and saw it had switched to AM. No one was around to have touched it...to move the switch from the fm to am frequency requires a bit of force. You have to physically push it across. And it doesn't just move on its own, either. I don't think any bug did it, and I didn't see one. Nothing fell on it. The only thing I could think of is if my cat dug her paw in and moved it, but she wasn't there at the time. I've gotten an eerie feeling in my room....and this house was built in 1979, so although it's not "old", it's not new either xD

Thanks -huggles back-  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:24 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Here's an author that might be a good starting point if you wanna get into mystery books; John Bellairs.
He died before I was born, unfortunately, but he was quite prolific in his lifetime.
You'll find him in the kids section, they'll be rather quick reads, but they're good, which makes them a good starting point. emotion_c8 (I'm about to reread his books, myself, as soon as they come back in at the library. cat_razz )
You might try Lillian Jackson Braun after that. She writes the "Cat Who" series. I love it because one of the main characters is a cat. ^^; She has something like two or three short story collections if your don't wanna commit to a longer book at first, but her books aren't too much of a commitment compared to most murder mystery novels.
James Patterson is a great murder mystery author, but a lot of his books do take a pretty commitment to get through. He wrote a neat children's series, though, the Maximum Ride series. I have it, the books are lovely, and a fair quick read, but it's a little more sci-fantasy rather than mystery. (Still recommend them, though~)
I... don't really watch TV. emotion_8c
I wanted to watch it, but I think it comes on at the same time as something my mum watches...
She's big on reality tv/game shows, so she has the TV most of the evening.
The only show I get is Under the Dome because it comes on after Big Brother. cat_xd

omg I LOVE James Patterson emotion_bigheart Yah, I've read Maximum Ride. Really amazing series.
I've also read His Dark Materials, a trilogy about kids with supernatural powers being tested on in a hospital (I forget the titles sweatdrop ), and the Septimus Heap series.
Omg that is probably my favorite series; so full of magic and wonder. It was a great escape. If you haven't read it yet I strongly suggest you do. It's seven books (the seventh just came out) about a boy who was in the army who turns out to be the seventh son of a seventh son.
And see if you can catch up on Whodoneit online or something. I promise you wont be disappointed. wink  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:29 pm
Blind Blindness
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

Interesting tidbits:

I'm terrible about watching television (Brandy and I share this in common!), and I've only seen a couple Ghost Hunter episodes. I tend to think paranormal spirits do exist, and I've thought a few nights throughout the years that they were in my house. One night, I recall, I was on the computer, and my radio was on FM setting, playing music. All of a sudden I hear a blaring "BZZZZZZZZ"...how it is on the AM setting. I checked and saw it had switched to AM. No one was around to have touched it...to move the switch from the fm to am frequency requires a bit of force. You have to physically push it across. And it doesn't just move on its own, either. I don't think any bug did it, and I didn't see one. Nothing fell on it. The only thing I could think of is if my cat dug her paw in and moved it, but she wasn't there at the time. I've gotten an eerie feeling in my room....and this house was built in 1979, so although it's not "old", it's not new either xD

Thanks -huggles back-

I would ask your parents if they know about anything about the previous owners. If not, do some research on your own. I wish I could think of what else could have caused it (I'm really tired right now and I can't think clearly!) XP
But that is very interesting. I don't like old houses because they carry a lot of old energy.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games