Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24629 24630 24631 24632 24633 24634 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Kegan: No, but I looked it up because you said that. WTF it doesn't look that good! Hnghhh I dunno if I want to get the system just for it. I've watched people playing it on Youtube and still ehhh

Fish: R/S/E were good in their own way, and so are B/W. I don't think anyone who likes Pokemon games should skip those, unless they just hate newer Pokemon stuff altogether.
The recycled Pokemon are annoying, sure (especially the Pidgeys; the D/P/Pt Pidgey and the B/W Pidgey are so similar that I can barely even tell the difference!). I don't think that makes the games unworthy of any attention, though.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:54 pm

The whole thing where no one gives a rat's a** about Colesseum or XD: Gale of Darkness is honestly annoying. They may not be handheld and they may not have a big Pokedex to complete, but they WERE games in the main series, and they were great and not the same old recycled stuff over. I wish more people had bought them, because then maybe the Pokemon Company would put out more cool stuff like that. :/

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:56 pm

UGH the worst thing about Black is that the Pokemon don't follow you anymore

I ******** loved that feature sad
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:10 pm

I just had a harder time getting into the console ones after being burned by the Stadium's single-player adventure. Kind of wish I had XD to play.

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Meta_Fish
I just had a harder time getting into the console ones after being burned by the Stadium's single-player adventure. Kind of wish I had XD to play.

You mean like the Gym Leader tower or whatever? XD is nothing like that! If you ever find a used copy, you should get it!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:44 pm

is it me or do the newbies tend to whine about their problems?

i mean i know most regular gaians do.

Xilo The Odd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:00 pm

I want to marry my 3DS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:09 pm

i wanna make your 3DS cheat with me. >_>

Xilo The Odd

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Meta_Fish
Jaycorn
D/P/Pt was pretty much crap. I don't remember there being anything memorable or interesting aside from the fact that it was a DS game and not a GBA game. aside from the canalave city music
I'm glad I skipped that generation. If only I'd skipped RSE, too. Kind of glad I skipped Black and White, though some of the Pokemon do seem pretty neat. Hurm. No news on Gray, yet still.

Meta_Fish
Admittedly though, each installment does get some neat Pokemon. For every Pidgey reincarnation, there's about half a neat Pokemon, like the fighting and grass type in RSE, or the sun and moon made of rock, or Castform. It often just seems like they're adding to be adding, though, as each installment DOES have its own Pidgey, and now there's how many Pikachu lookalikes? Too many.

If I was going to get rid of one Pokémon game, it'd be Diamond.

I'd rate B/W about the same as R/S/E, personally. I actually hope we get a later game where the Pokémon team looks at the plot/character development B/W had and decides to go further with it, especially in regards to the idea of how people treat pokémon.

I liked Emolga, personally. I'm not usually a fan of the Pikachu clones, but being part flying is at least a nice change from most of them being pretty much the same thing. I wouldn't keep him around if I was played competitively, but he worked pretty well in-game.

Jaycorn
The whole thing where no one gives a rat's a** about Colesseum or XD: Gale of Darkness is honestly annoying. They may not be handheld and they may not have a big Pokedex to complete, but they WERE games in the main series, and they were great and not the same old recycled stuff over. I wish more people had bought them, because then maybe the Pokemon Company would put out more cool stuff like that. :/

I liked XD, but I still need to play Colosseum at some point.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 pm

colloseum was pretty bland after i made it through the 100 battle gauntlet and got my Ho-oh.

Xilo The Odd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:02 pm

I haven't actually played Colosseum either, but one of my non-gamer friends liked and beat it, and she's not even like a Pokemon person or anything. If it's as similar to XD as I hear it is, then I'm sure it's the bomb.

Emolga is a really great Pokemon indeed. I had a lot more trouble beating the gym leader that had Emolgas than I did with the elite trainers at the end of the game. It may look like Pikachu, but it's really not the same thing.
What's the other Pikachu lookalike? Pachirisu?

Xilo, get your own lover D:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:05 pm

MML3 is canceled?! Damn... I wasn't even all that excited for it, but wasn't that kind of a big thing the 3DS had going for it?

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Xilo The Odd
colloseum was pretty bland after i made it through the 100 battle gauntlet and got my Ho-oh.

In the game's defense, isn't that all you have to do in Colosseum aside from the main story?

Jaycorn
I haven't actually played Colosseum either, but one of my non-gamer friends liked and beat it, and she's not even like a Pokemon person or anything. If it's as similar to XD as I hear it is, then I'm sure it's the bomb.

Emolga is a really great Pokemon indeed. I had a lot more trouble beating the gym leader that had Emolgas than I did with the elite trainers at the end of the game. It may look like Pikachu, but it's really not the same thing.
What's the other Pikachu lookalike? Pachirisu?

This is good to hear. My brother bought the game a while back, so I'll have to move it up my priority list.

I think that gym leader's difficulty was helped by the NPCs and logic recommending that you use ground-types. My brother thought she was really easy, but he'd also been warned in advance to raise a Roggenrola.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Jaycorn
MML3 is canceled?! Damn... I wasn't even all that excited for it, but wasn't that kind of a big thing the 3DS had going for it?
I just read this too. So dumb.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:15 pm

I backtracked for a Roggenrola, but it was weak and I got impatient, so I ended up just using Dewott, Sandile and Timburr. The move Retaliate came in handy since they kept fainting. -_-
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24629 24630 24631 24632 24633 24634 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games