Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24642 24643 24644 24645 24646 24647 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:45 pm

I bet I could run for longer than 5 minutes at a time if I had something to run from...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:54 pm

but could you maintain speed? or would you still slow down clumber to the ground and get your head chopped off like in the horror movies?

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:39 pm

kvkjl,jfdskjgfrkjhgrahjyorewuybn fvn

Also, furries.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:47 pm

i liek bewk

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:51 am

bewk is Dark Tower.

bewk numbar tree.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm glad my house on that server is so secluded, I'd almost expect that guy who was on griefing today to go find and destroy it razz

I guess the tower part kinda stands out, though...

So, what's everyone's opinions about this price drop? I'm a little peeved. I was never a huge fan of the idea of a virtual console. (In my opinion, anything that goes out of print was fair play to emulate up until that point... but in this age of digital distribution, I guess that's different. Usually old games are really pretty cheap, though. It's not like the prices they charge for VC titles is particularly excessive, but it is more than free.. .and I mean... Libraries are free... people still pay for new books, though, right? Wait, they really don't, do they? Less and less...)

Well, I'm not like super angry, either, because having some of these titles are portable will be ballin'. I'm really interested to see what else is announced for ambassadors.

I'm hoping we see some GBA titles with online play worked into them. If nintendo wants to get serious about digital and online, then they really need to update how VC works.

I feel like if I could just have a chat with Miyamoto I could suddenly make him understand the importance of online play in this day and age... especially for someone like me who no longer lives near any of his old friends :I

But like... people will be buying the 3DS now, right? So more people to play with locally, hopefully.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:26 pm

yeah, i want to get one at the price drop since it'd be more affordable, but i REALLY want a new computer first. since most of my entertainment is my laptop.

but a graphics card that has trouble processing particles is to me, a contradiction, graphics cards are SUPPOSED to handle that kinda s**t all the time. there could be one particle in existence on a game, if its right in front of the camera it will lag a s**t load.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:28 pm

I think I did pretty well on my minecraft avatar, considering I worked through pretty much the whoel thing not knowing there was software available that would allow me to see it skinned onto a moving character model.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:45 am

[Kegan]
So, what's everyone's opinions about this price drop?

Now the 3DS just needs some games!

The price drop won't make me run out and buy a 3DS now, but it will help down the road when there are more games I'm interested in. $170 is a LOT easier to justify spending than $250, especially since this is a handheld system.

This happened incredibly early though, which is probably why they offered the VC downloads to early adopters. I'm guessing the 3DS hasn't been selling as well as Nintendo was hoping.

[Kegan]
(In my opinion, anything that goes out of print was fair play to emulate up until that point... but in this age of digital distribution, I guess that's different. Usually old games are really pretty cheap, though. It's not like the prices they charge for VC titles is particularly excessive, but it is more than free.. .and I mean... Libraries are free... people still pay for new books, though, right? Wait, they really don't, do they? Less and less...)

If it's available for purchase through the VC, then it's not out of print.
The VC is more convenient than piracy, anyway. It costs a few bucks, but I don't have to search the internet for ROMs, I know exactly what I'm downloading, and I probably get the game faster than I would through a torrent.

In my experience, stuff like libraries and free streams only make me less likely to buy something if it's bad/mediocre. I've borrowed books from friends/the library that I liked so much I went out and bought a copy, and I know I've bought at least a couple of shows that I watched through Netflix or Hulu. I'm almost certainly going to revisit a book/movie/game/etc. that I really enjoyed, and owning it means I don't need to worry about the stream being pulled or waiting for other people to return the book.

That said, at least part of the reason I buy anime/manga, books, and games is because I'm a collector. Having a physical copy is a lot more important to me than it is to most people.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:51 am

Well hey, I don't remember any company giving away free things to people when they drop the price in order to keep them from getting upset. I'm pretty shocked that we got anything, especially free NES games, not in 3D, on the 3DS. Super especially GBA games, which hadn't been announced at all, and hey, twenty free games. I don't know if we'll get more as ambassadors. 20 free games sounds like a lot of stuff to give to us, and they would really have no reason to keep jerking us off after that.

And yeah, we all want to sit down with Miyamoto or more importantly, Iwata and tell them to add online play to their great games and get it to be an important part of their experience, but we can't, and they aren't going to. They're going to inch into it as slowly as they want to and hope that things work for them, unless some huge sign comes into their face, showing that they will fail if they don't get into it.

I'm most excited for the free games, but I'm also really excited that a lot more people should now have 3DSes. Hopefully Nintendo starts really pumping content into it this holiday, and then continuously afterward, because allowing third parties to start it off seems to have been a bad decision.

I'm glad to finally get to play Fusion and Super Circuit, and to finally own Mario Vs. Donkey Kong. I'm probably never going to stop playing my 3DS after this.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:54 am

I'm hoping we get Nightmare in Dreamland, Zero Mission or maybe Fire Emblem, too. NES? I don't know. Maybe Kirby's Adventure, and if we got Mario 3, I'd probably marry my 3DS. It seems to be first-gen NES games, though so probably Kid Dicarus. Gag
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:00 am

screw nightmare in dreamland, i enjoyed the amazing mirror more, mostly for the fun multi could bring if they supported it for the 3ds.

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:05 am

I love Nightmare in Dreamland. Amazing Mirror was pretty sweet, but I got really lost. That was before I was familiar with MetroidVania games though.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:31 am

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES can suck my d**k.

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:52 am

oh my god it's almost 4 why am i up
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24642 24643 24644 24645 24646 24647 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games