Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:56 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you!
I went to my beau's house for a couple nights, and they have limited internet, so I never take my laptop with me, and Gaia is a pain in the a** to do on my phone since their mobile app doesn't allow access to guilds...
It still doesn't seem a good book to use for SAT prep...
And, honestly, it is of absolutely no use to the vast majority of people to read the book unless it is read in conjunction with practice of the material.
I mean, really, it is a very simple concept...
Oh! And by the by, since I vaguely remember mention of this, if you're really worried about not knowing all the material or not doing well on SAT or ACT, your local library will almost certainly have an entire section of prep books for the tests. My teensy local library keeps them in a separate section with the encyclopedias and local genealogy books for easy access/finding.
And, generally speaking, many students do lose a good bit of knowledge over summer since they're not actively using everything they've learned previously, so it's not really a bad concept to have over-summer work, but they really should invest some more time into choosing appropriate books and corresponding assignments...
It really doesn't take a genius to figure out that most students won't read the books, anyway. Especially not the ones they can Cliff's Note.

I know some summer work is necessary, but not to this extent razz
The thing is, they make sure we don't cheat by having us write endless amounts of notes in the book.
And thanks for the heads up about the SAT books at the library, I'll use them.
So whats new with you?

I'm getting back into roleplaying, so that's fun~ owo (even though I'm paranoid that my writing sucks after being away from it for so long)
I got the books I wanted from the library!!
I've read two of them already, and am almost done with the third, woo! cat_whee (this isn't surprising, considering they're kids books >>; )
Other than that, though very little.
What about you, anything new or cool?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:07 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you!
I went to my beau's house for a couple nights, and they have limited internet, so I never take my laptop with me, and Gaia is a pain in the a** to do on my phone since their mobile app doesn't allow access to guilds...
It still doesn't seem a good book to use for SAT prep...
And, honestly, it is of absolutely no use to the vast majority of people to read the book unless it is read in conjunction with practice of the material.
I mean, really, it is a very simple concept...
Oh! And by the by, since I vaguely remember mention of this, if you're really worried about not knowing all the material or not doing well on SAT or ACT, your local library will almost certainly have an entire section of prep books for the tests. My teensy local library keeps them in a separate section with the encyclopedias and local genealogy books for easy access/finding.
And, generally speaking, many students do lose a good bit of knowledge over summer since they're not actively using everything they've learned previously, so it's not really a bad concept to have over-summer work, but they really should invest some more time into choosing appropriate books and corresponding assignments...
It really doesn't take a genius to figure out that most students won't read the books, anyway. Especially not the ones they can Cliff's Note.

I know some summer work is necessary, but not to this extent razz
The thing is, they make sure we don't cheat by having us write endless amounts of notes in the book.
And thanks for the heads up about the SAT books at the library, I'll use them.
So whats new with you?

I'm getting back into roleplaying, so that's fun~ owo (even though I'm paranoid that my writing sucks after being away from it for so long)
I got the books I wanted from the library!!
I've read two of them already, and am almost done with the third, woo! cat_whee (this isn't surprising, considering they're kids books >>; )
Other than that, though very little.
What about you, anything new or cool?

I went to Barnes and Nobles yesterday.
I read the first part of The Search - the new series of Avatar Comics coming out. Have you read them?
If not, read them! Oh my god! So much mind warp!
I'm probably gonna go back to Barnes and Nobles in a few days when I have some more money.
The thing is, I've stopped buying books because I read them too fast.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:17 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I read the first part of The Search - the new series of Avatar Comics coming out. Have you read them?
I'm probably gonna go back to Barnes and Nobles in a few days when I have some more money.

There aren't any book stores near where I live unless I travel 2+ hours to Columbus.
Every book store around here got shut down.
Of course, even before that, it still took over an hour to get to a book store...
I never buy new, anyway. The only time I've bought new was when I had a gift card. Or when I find a book in the sale bin at Kroger for five bucks or less.
My local library has a sale twice a year of the books that haven't been checked out in over a year. I buy looooots of books from that.
Paperbacks for a dime to a quarter and hard covers for a quarter to two quarters apiece. emotion_kirakira
I prefer old book smell, anyway.
I also buy a lot of books from thrift stores and flea markets and yard/garage sales. MEGA CHEAP~ cat_whee
I've never read them, by the by, those comics. My library doesn't carry them and, well, you know, no book stores, so... yeahh...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 pm
emotion_zombie  

NecHocNecIllud

Shameless Exhibitionist

36,375 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100

NecHocNecIllud

Shameless Exhibitionist

36,375 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:19 am
emotion_zombie  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:01 am
4laugh  

Tholia

Friendly Tipper

13,500 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:05 am
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

There aren't any book stores near where I live unless I travel 2+ hours to Columbus.
Every book store around here got shut down.
Of course, even before that, it still took over an hour to get to a book store...
I never buy new, anyway. The only time I've bought new was when I had a gift card. Or when I find a book in the sale bin at Kroger for five bucks or less.
My local library has a sale twice a year of the books that haven't been checked out in over a year. I buy looooots of books from that.
Paperbacks for a dime to a quarter and hard covers for a quarter to two quarters apiece. emotion_kirakira
I prefer old book smell, anyway.
I also buy a lot of books from thrift stores and flea markets and yard/garage sales. MEGA CHEAP~ cat_whee
I've never read them, by the by, those comics. My library doesn't carry them and, well, you know, no book stores, so... yeahh...

I like old book smell too. Unless they smell like fish wrap. Or like, super super dusty and make me cough. My old Spanish class dictionaries were like that and it was horrible.
I normally don't buy from yard sales or thrift shops because the books are really uninteresting. (I'm really really picky for some reason)
My library has a few manga books, but they are so unorganized!
We have for Naruto, like, books 1, 3, 7, and 8? It's soo weird.
For Jennae, we have 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9.
And I don't like reading online because they always change the text in some way or another...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:25 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I like old book smell too. Unless they smell like fish wrap. Or like, super super dusty and make me cough. My old Spanish class dictionaries were like that and it was horrible.
I normally don't buy from yard sales or thrift shops because the books are really uninteresting. (I'm really really picky for some reason)
And I don't like reading online because they always change the text in some way or another...

Lots of the books are boring or not my style, but if I look hard enough I can almost always find something good.
My local library has loooots of manga, and anime, for that matter, and a bunch of graphic novels, too.
I know the head librarian, she's as much an anime and manga freak as I am (I shared a hotel room with her at my first convention), so she gets in lots of good stuff, but the volumes are out a lot because, despite the fact that I live in the middle of ******** nowhere, there are lots of manga lovers around here.
The library the next county up (the one I've went to the last two times) has a whole wall of comics and manga, but the only things they have a fair number of volumes in are the manga Banana Fish (something like 15+ volumes) and the comic Runaways (the first six volumes), everything else is really scattered.
I don't read online because it gives me migraines... .___.
Sometimes I can read on my phone, I have a manga app on it, but that gives me headaches, too...
The text gets changed because the scanlators have to choose what they think best suits the original, by the by, and while most scanlating groups are consistent in text and word choice, many aggregate sites (mangafox, mangareader, etc.) use scanlations from several different providers, which creates glaring inconsistencies. o3o

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Lots of the books are boring or not my style, but if I look hard enough I can almost always find something good.
My local library has loooots of manga, and anime, for that matter, and a bunch of graphic novels, too.
I know the head librarian, she's as much an anime and manga freak as I am (I shared a hotel room with her at my first convention), so she gets in lots of good stuff, but the volumes are out a lot because, despite the fact that I live in the middle of ******** nowhere, there are lots of manga lovers around here.
The library the next county up (the one I've went to the last two times) has a whole wall of comics and manga, but the only things they have a fair number of volumes in are the manga Banana Fish (something like 15+ volumes) and the comic Runaways (the first six volumes), everything else is really scattered.
I don't read online because it gives me migraines... .___.
Sometimes I can read on my phone, I have a manga app on it, but that gives me headaches, too...
The text gets changed because the scanlators have to choose what they think best suits the original, by the by, and while most scanlating groups are consistent in text and word choice, many aggregate sites (mangafox, mangareader, etc.) use scanlations from several different providers, which creates glaring inconsistencies. o3o

Bleh. It just really bugged me because at one point, when a new character in Fairy Tail was introduced, I didn't know whether his name was Gajeel or Gazjeel. It was frustrating stressed
But it's better than buying the books because I would be in forever debt if I bought all the books I've read.
And staying too much on my laptop give me a headache too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 am
Barnes and Nobles is great. xD
Plus, they might offer coffee.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:30 pm
Blind Blindness

I love Barnes and Nobles. Even the smell of the store; fresh books.
I like how they have the journals and sketch books and quills and ink bottles too (I even bought an ink and quill myself)
And at my B&N, that's the only Starbucks around. Unfortunately, I'm not one for coffee. That's good for my wallet. I do like their hot chocolate with a shot of espresso <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:58 pm
Meow!

musicbabegirl

Fashionable Genius

4,800 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:10 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

I like how they have the journals and sketch books and quills and ink bottles too (I even bought an ink and quill myself)
And at my B&N, that's the only Starbucks around. Unfortunately, I'm not one for coffee. That's good for my wallet. I do like their hot chocolate with a shot of espresso <3

I'm not for one strong coffee. What I get is their java chip frappucino with caramel on top and sides, along with the automatic chocolate drizzle. It's good! Also, I got whip cream this time. The people at the starbucks B&N made it better than the people at the regular 'ole Starbucks we go to lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:35 pm
Blind Blindness
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

I'm not for one strong coffee. What I get is their java chip frappucino with caramel on top and sides, along with the automatic chocolate drizzle. It's good! Also, I got whip cream this time. The people at the starbucks B&N made it better than the people at the regular 'ole Starbucks we go to lol

MAN i wish I loved coffee! gonk
I would love what you order, it sounds deliciously amazing. (That and the fact I'm starving)
It just doesn't appeal to my taste buds. But it appeals to my nose emotion_bigheart  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games