Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24669 24670 24671 24672 24673 24674 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Allegro
P4P will have an online component to it. And the P4 fighting game is being done by ASW. Hnnnngh

gonna be chie and punt errythan

Also P5 is underway.

TRIAL OF THE DRAGONNNN
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:39 pm

[Kegan]
PERSOHNAH

Bored as ******** go in today and work on my online classes for a few hours.

If I go in I'll without fail wander over to the art studio, though.

s**t.
OR MAYBE I JUST WON'T GO AT ALL.

Atleast this way I get ABSOLUTELY nothing done.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:40 pm

[Kegan]
They might need to, if people like you didn't buy it anyway biggrin

o ya, im ttly boicotting tht series nao

cuz if i dont bi it who will??? no one duh and then it will be on nintento
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 pm

I don't think there's many other people who only buy Sony consoles for Persona/Atlus, at least. I've never heard anyone else complain about it not being on Nintendo. Probably just because Nintendo people haven't been given the opportunity to try it out yet in the first place.

I just had a PS2 because back in the day I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts and it wasn't on Nintendo yet, except for the GBA one. And Katamari. Holy s**t there'd better be Katamari on 3DS someday.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:57 pm

They'll never go back on their word that katamari is completely incompatible with motion control(Except on iPhone)

Except, now the lead designer has retired, so maybe we'll see a port.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 pm

'cept it could maybe not have motion control, and use 3D instead. Seeing the quick flip in 3D would be neat, if they did it right.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Jaycorn
Allegro
P4P will have an online component to it. And the P4 fighting game is being done by ASW. Hnnnngh

Also P5 is underway.

TRIAL OF THE DRAGONNNN

I am having so many issues with my ROMSL D:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Allegro
Jaycorn
Allegro

Also P5 is underway.

TRIAL OF THE DRAGONNNN

I am having so many issues with my ROMSL D:

Ugh yeah I actually tried following a ROMSL guide for P3FES and it just did not work. Following a complete guide kinda ruins the fun, anyway. I figure just screw it; if you really want to max out all social links, just do a NG+. People say it's crazy to replay a 70+ hour game, but it really isn't that bad if you can carry over your levels, money, compendium AND attributes. Takes nowhere near as long.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Okay so the grinding in Devil Survivor Overclocked is just brutal because the game doesn't let you go back and fighter weaker enemies if you need to and the only ones available are too strong. I'm going to be doing stupid normal battles foreverrr until I can actually make progress in story again gonk

Maybe I should have just played on easy mode. But then I'd feel like a wimp
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:34 pm

P3 and 4 are the only RPGs so far where I really enjoy grinding and don't feel like falling asleep and/or just giving up

Pokemon and Mario RPGs too because I don't think you really have to grind in those

Or the Mother series? Ehh the battles in that are kinda lame, I dunno what to think of it.

All other RPGs SUCK THO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 scream

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:43 pm

P3 is easier to ROMSL cause the dungeons aren't as hard. 2 nights per dungeon in 4 is brutal.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:29 pm

I could never get enough money to buy the Personas I needed thoughhh emo maybe i just did it wrong

anyway it still isn't worth doing

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Even though it's awful, I can't stop playing DSO

I just feel so bad... the characters won't be able to go home and shower if I don't help them! For a whole week! And they have to take turns sleeping in a cemetery at night! And they have death clocks above their heads that say they're going to die today! Gotta grind, gotta get them out of this mess.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Jaycorn
Okay so the grinding in Devil Survivor Overclocked is just brutal because the game doesn't let you go back and fighter weaker enemies if you need to and the only ones available are too strong. I'm going to be doing stupid normal battles foreverrr until I can actually make progress in story again gonk

The battle system relies less on levels and more on tactics. Make sure the MC is high enough to fuse decent demons for fights, but exploiting weaknesses and getting demons with good racial abilities can more than make up for being a bit underleveled. Also, take advantage of the fact that you can attack and heal/revive people in the same turn.

And grab Drain as soon as it shows up on Skill Crack. Almighty attack that costs 2 SP and leeches the opponent's HP/SP? Incredibly broken, especially on a magic nuke.

Other stuff:
- ROMSL: I did one for P3FES my second time through, and I absolutely hated it. I got to do one thing that entire playthrough, and that was choosing which girl to hang out with on the one free day at the end of the game. I didn't even have much choice over Personae or going to Tartarus; those aren't spelled out in the guide, but arcana and stat requirements are so restrictive that they might as well be. I don't know that I could do one for P4, even with the month or so of extra days.

- RPGs where I didn't hate the grinding: TWEWY's battle system is pretty fun once you get the hang of it, and outside of plot battles you only fight if you choose to. EarthBound also deserves a mention since they skipped the battles entirely if you were against low-leveled enemies. There are a couple of other games where I didn't have a problem with levelgrinding, but I was generally underleveled in those cases.

I've always found grinding in Pokémon to be pretty boring, though. Audino and Lucky Eggs make it slightly better, but it still takes a lot longer than I'd like it to.

- P4G: I don't want to buy a system just for a game that I already have. But P4 is one of my favorite games of all time, and if they give it the same treatment P3P got then I could more than justify playing through it a third time for MShe and the various new/updated content. I may have to make an exception and hope that we get some other good games on the Vita.

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:12 am

im due for a phone upgrade... i wanna get the one with a built in game pad.

but i dunno if my provider will support it.

AT&T feels so limited.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24669 24670 24671 24672 24673 24674 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games