Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:50 pm
Queen Spazzy
MURDER.
I'm reading a book about it. o3o
Specifically, serial murder.
I actually really hate the tone the author of this book decided to take...
I'm also irritated because it's older and states a variety of things that have been disproven or expanded upon since the book was written.
I suppose this is what I get for being an avid devourer of information...

Yes, my little information gremlin!
What is the book about? (besides the obvious?)
And if you like murder, do you happen to watch the new show on ABC WhoDoneIt? emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:07 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
MURDER.
I'm also irritated because it's older and states a variety of things that have been disproven or expanded upon since the book was written.

And if you like murder, do you happen to watch the new show on ABC WhoDoneIt? emotion_kirakira

Information gremlin; I like it. >w>
The book is titled Serial Killers: The Growing Menace, and it's a tad dated, having been written in 1988, but it's basically discussing the growing incidence of serial murder and has some general case studies of a few cases that would have been modern at the time of the writing. It also discusses research the author did into the reasons serial murders occur and the then radical suggestion that serial murder is actually a physical manifestation of a serious mental illness in a subject.
It's interesting, but the author has taken on a rather pompous tone, which bothers me.
ANYway, away from this topic or I'll start writing my OWN book on murder... >>;
I don't really watch TV.
I watch Criminal Minds or other crime dramas occasionally if it comes on after something my mum watches, but I don't turn the TV on much except to play the occasional video game when I run out of things to read or get angry with a book and need to take a break for a bit. ^^;
Though I'll probably be doing a LOT more gaming after the new FFXIII installment, Lightning Returns, comes out. *drools over Lightning* She's so awesome and pretty and I love her... emotion_kirakira
If my beau would ever let me have his xbox back at my place for a while, I might actually finish XIII and XIII-2 at some point, but he has decided to keep it away from me even though all he plays anymore is his computer, the butthead. cat_stare
OH! And thank you very much for your gift, though you didn't have to; I'm always happy to help a friend~ emotion_yatta

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:21 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
MURDER.

Information gremlin; I like it. >w>
The book is titled Serial Killers: The Growing Menace, and it's a tad dated, having been written in 1988, but it's basically discussing the growing incidence of serial murder and has some general case studies of a few cases that would have been modern at the time of the writing. It also discusses research the author did into the reasons serial murders occur and the then radical suggestion that serial murder is actually a physical manifestation of a serious mental illness in a subject.
It's interesting, but the author has taken on a rather pompous tone, which bothers me.
ANYway, away from this topic or I'll start writing my OWN book on murder... >>;
I don't really watch TV.
I watch Criminal Minds or other crime dramas occasionally if it comes on after something my mum watches, but I don't turn the TV on much except to play the occasional video game when I run out of things to read or get angry with a book and need to take a break for a bit. ^^;
Though I'll probably be doing a LOT more gaming after the new FFXIII installment, Lightning Returns, comes out. *drools over Lightning* She's so awesome and pretty and I love her... emotion_kirakira
If my beau would ever let me have his xbox back at my place for a while, I might actually finish XIII and XIII-2 at some point, but he has decided to keep it away from me even though all he plays anymore is his computer, the butthead. cat_stare
OH! And thank you very much for your gift, though you didn't have to; I'm always happy to help a friend~ emotion_yatta

Lol, I have a few people you could, hem hem, write about. If you need suggestions that it.
And ask your lovey if you can borrow his xbox!
And I just wanted to repay you for voting. This is really important for me and the Artix Entertainment team cat_3nodding
And I KNOW you will heart FALL IN LOVE heart with WhoDoneIt~!
There is a new murder every episode based on the booted-off-the-island method; preform badly, you don't get booted on here though, you get murdered.
It has a similar air to Clue, what with it taking place in a mansion and having a butler guide them through the tasks.
The goal of the episode is to figure out how the gruesome murder took place by investigating the persons last known whereabouts, scene of the crime, and morgue.
It is totally super amazingly amazing.
The show really makes you think because it's impossible to solve until Giles, the butler, comes out with the riddle left out by the killer.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:14 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Lol, I have a few people you could, hem hem, write about. If you need suggestions that it.
And I just wanted to repay you for voting. This is really important for me and the Artix Entertainment team cat_3nodding
There is a new murder every episode based on the booted-off-the-island method; preform badly, you don't get booted on here though, you get murdered.
It has a similar air to Clue, what with it taking place in a mansion and having a butler guide them through the tasks.
The goal of the episode is to figure out how the gruesome murder took place by investigating the persons last known whereabouts, scene of the crime, and morgue.
The show really makes you think because it's impossible to solve until Giles, the butler, comes out with the riddle left out by the killer.

I don't consider myself to be a very good writer.
I get discouraged and lose focus easily. .___.;
I asked him a while back if he'd leave his xbox with me (he brought it over not long ago, but only because he wanted to use my internet to update his system, asshat.) and instead he gave me the PS2, which is mine to begin with. Oi.
I'm busy with books right now, though, so I suppose it doesn't much matter at the moment. As long as he keeps taking me to the library, at least. cat_xd
I might like it; the premise sounds interesting, at least, but I'd probably hate the people, I'm a bit of a misanthropist. >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:11 am
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

I don't consider myself to be a very good writer.
I get discouraged and lose focus easily. .___.;
I asked him a while back if he'd leave his xbox with me (he brought it over not long ago, but only because he wanted to use my internet to update his system, asshat.) and instead he gave me the PS2, which is mine to begin with. Oi.
I'm busy with books right now, though, so I suppose it doesn't much matter at the moment. As long as he keeps taking me to the library, at least. cat_xd
I might like it; the premise sounds interesting, at least, but I'd probably hate the people, I'm a bit of a misanthropist. >>;

Don't call your hunbun an asshat xd
Well at least you have a PS2. Mine broke crying Now I has Wii but I want a PS3 so I can play Skyrim.
And as far as WhoDoneIt, the people come in all kinds, but they get killed off quickly.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:14 am
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Well at least you have a PS2. Mine broke crying Now I has Wii but I want a PS3 so I can play Skyrim.
And as far as WhoDoneIt, the people come in all kinds, but they get killed off quickly.

We call each other names a lot, it's part of what makes our relationship work. We're weird. cat_xd
I'd die if my PS2 went kaput. It's as close to a baby as I'll ever get, other than a cat (cats are perpetual toddlers, doncha know!). I have loooots of systems, though, because I'm obsessive. I love games. >>;
Was your PS2 a slimline or a bulky first gen? In my experience, the bulky first gens were far more robust and lasted longer; that's what mine is, and I've had it for something like ten years, and I got it used in the first place. >3>
My bestie has a first gen, too, that she got recently at a flea market and it still works as well as mine does; the guy tried to talk her into buying a slimline but I was awful adamant about the big, old one (was cheaper, anyway).
I'm considering getting a PS4 when they come out if it has backwards compatibility with at least PS3 games, but I'm not at all interested in an actual PS3.
I'd kill to have a Japan-release Vita, though; KATAMARI~ emotion_kirakira
Most addicting game to ever exist, I swear.
The Euro- and North America-release Vitas aren't UMD (i.e. PSP media) compatible, though, which is super lame, I love my PSP games.
And I like dead people more than most live ones, so perhaps I shall look it up sometime. >w>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 am
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

We call each other names a lot, it's part of what makes our relationship work. We're weird. cat_xd
I'd die if my PS2 went kaput. It's as close to a baby as I'll ever get, other than a cat (cats are perpetual toddlers, doncha know!). I have loooots of systems, though, because I'm obsessive. I love games. >>;
Was your PS2 a slimline or a bulky first gen? In my experience, the bulky first gens were far more robust and lasted longer; that's what mine is, and I've had it for something like ten years, and I got it used in the first place. >3>
My bestie has a first gen, too, that she got recently at a flea market and it still works as well as mine does; the guy tried to talk her into buying a slimline but I was awful adamant about the big, old one (was cheaper, anyway).
I'm considering getting a PS4 when they come out if it has backwards compatibility with at least PS3 games, but I'm not at all interested in an actual PS3.
I'd kill to have a Japan-release Vita, though; KATAMARI~ emotion_kirakira
Most addicting game to ever exist, I swear.
The Euro- and North America-release Vitas aren't UMD (i.e. PSP media) compatible, though, which is super lame, I love my PSP games.
And I like dead people more than most live ones, so perhaps I shall look it up sometime. >w>

I woud die if my laptop died.
This baby has everything on it; all of my stories.
And yah my PS2 was one of the really thin ones but it just had software malfunctions.
Whenever you plugged in a disk, no matter which one, it said that it couldn't be read. It was really upsetting and my dad got really angry because he insisted it wasn't broken.
My parents usually wait until a few years pass after something huge comes out so they can buy it when the price has dropped considerably. Which is a good idea, but by that point, whatever console that they are buying no longer has new games being made for it...
(sorry if I sound like I'm spoiled. I'm not. I've used my own money to buy stuff that's not school clothes since I was thirteen.) redface  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
And yah my PS2 was one of the really thin ones but it just had software malfunctions.
Whenever you plugged in a disk, no matter which one, it said that it couldn't be read. It was really upsetting and my dad got really angry because he insisted it wasn't broken.
My parents usually wait until a few years pass after something huge comes out so they can buy it when the price has dropped considerably. Which is a good idea, but by that point, whatever console that they are buying no longer has new games being made for it...
(sorry if I sound like I'm spoiled. I'm not. I've used my own money to buy stuff that's not school clothes since I was thirteen.) redface

I could probably fix my laptop if it malfunctioned, but I have a serious attachment to it.
Considering what brand it is, I got it for a steal.
A friend of my beau's was selling it to get money to build his own desktop, so we traded him a small HD TV and I paid about two hundred dollars in addition for it. (I had been needing a laptop that had more processing power, and my mum needed a new laptop, too, so it was a win-win; I got what I needed, and she got my old laptop, which was only a year or so in age at the time)
It's an old model, but it's an ASUS (a gaming brand of laptop, if you didn't know~), so it's totally worth way more than I paid.
And, actually, I think it was a hardware malfunction in your slimline; sounds like the laser eye that read the discs went bad and couldn't read discs anymore. Not an uncommon problem, to be honest, especially if it was older or had been used a lot, but hard to fix unless you replace the entire disc-reading and tray mechanism. Of course, the laser eye could have also just been dirty, but that's hard to tell unless, again, you take out the entire mechanism.
I usually wait until newer gens of systems come out, and then I buy the first or second gens wicked cheap; except handhelds, never buy a used handheld unless the seller is willing to demonstrate that every component still functions well. My bestie has found this out the hard way.
And you don't sound spoiled, you sound like me; a tech addict with an affinity for games and an intense hatred for high prices. cat_xd
I'm always broke thanks to my various addictions; games, books, nail polish, my hair... >>;

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

I could probably fix my laptop if it malfunctioned, but I have a serious attachment to it.
Considering what brand it is, I got it for a steal.
A friend of my beau's was selling it to get money to build his own desktop, so we traded him a small HD TV and I paid about two hundred dollars in addition for it. (I had been needing a laptop that had more processing power, and my mum needed a new laptop, too, so it was a win-win; I got what I needed, and she got my old laptop, which was only a year or so in age at the time)
It's an old model, but it's an ASUS (a gaming brand of laptop, if you didn't know~), so it's totally worth way more than I paid.
And, actually, I think it was a hardware malfunction in your slimline; sounds like the laser eye that read the discs went bad and couldn't read discs anymore. Not an uncommon problem, to be honest, especially if it was older or had been used a lot, but hard to fix unless you replace the entire disc-reading and tray mechanism. Of course, the laser eye could have also just been dirty, but that's hard to tell unless, again, you take out the entire mechanism.
I usually wait until newer gens of systems come out, and then I buy the first or second gens wicked cheap; except handhelds, never buy a used handheld unless the seller is willing to demonstrate that every component still functions well. My bestie has found this out the hard way.
And you don't sound spoiled, you sound like me; a tech addict with an affinity for games and an intense hatred for high prices. cat_xd
I'm always broke thanks to my various addictions; games, books, nail polish, my hair... >>;

Well now it is sitting in our basement because we gave away most of our games.
I'm glad that we got a Wii, though, because I got to play Okami. I'm in love with that game heart heart
And I'm kind of pissed at my old DSLite because it crapped out on me and hardly ever reads games now...
I actually almost had a heart attack recently because it told me one of my game files was corrupt and I had to erase the files.
It was My Sims (not the Sims. This version is way cuter!) and I have almost beaten it and I have so many custom clothes and furniture and i just shut it off and plugged it into my sisters DS and it worked fine.
I almost threw my DS against the wall stare
Well I'm turning 16 in September. Time to find a well paying job or just another babysitting job or else I will have no money cat_biggrin .... cat_crying  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:48 pm
I'm awake, I'm awake! Still messing around with Paint Tool SAI and have no clue how to use the tools besides the ones used for coloring a picture and changing the colors. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:10 pm
I feel like I gain culture when I read your conversations xD  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I'm glad that we got a Wii, though, because I got to play Okami. I'm in love with that game heart heart
And I'm kind of pissed at my old DSLite because it crapped out on me and hardly ever reads games now...
I actually almost had a heart attack recently because it told me one of my game files was corrupt and I had to erase the files.
It was My Sims (not the Sims. This version is way cuter!) and I have almost beaten it and I have so many custom clothes and furniture and i just shut it off and plugged it into my sisters DS and it worked fine.
Well I'm turning 16 in September. Time to find a well paying job or just another babysitting job or else I will have no money cat_biggrin .... cat_crying

Okami was on the PS2, as well; I have the PS2 version, and a lot of people say it's better, but I've played both, and I don't have a preference, though it IS a bit easier sometimes to get attack combos on the PS2 version.
I have an old, bulky, first gen DS, like most things. >>;
It still works wondrously, though, except there's a portion of my touch screen that's finicky.
You might try cleaning your card slot, that might fix it, especially if you've had the system for a while or have ever left it without a card in. (Always keep game slots occupied or covered; keeps out pesky dust~ And never blow in/on games or game slots, saliva is the number one enemy!)
Otherwise, you might have bad connection in the DS itself, and it could potentially be dangerous to play if the bad connection is also a short in a circuit.
[/techy rant]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:03 pm
Blind Blindness
I feel like I gain culture when I read your conversations xD

Prolly learn something every day with us around. ;P
Unfortunately, most of the knowledge is basically useless. cat_xd
But you're still learning, and that's what counts~ cat_surprised

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:58 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Okami was on the PS2, as well; I have the PS2 version, and a lot of people say it's better, but I've played both, and I don't have a preference, though it IS a bit easier sometimes to get attack combos on the PS2 version.
I have an old, bulky, first gen DS, like most things. >>;
It still works wondrously, though, except there's a portion of my touch screen that's finicky.
You might try cleaning your card slot, that might fix it, especially if you've had the system for a while or have ever left it without a card in. (Always keep game slots occupied or covered; keeps out pesky dust~ And never blow in/on games or game slots, saliva is the number one enemy!)
Otherwise, you might have bad connection in the DS itself, and it could potentially be dangerous to play if the bad connection is also a short in a circuit.
[/techy rant]

I do always keep a game in it, but blowing on the cartridge does help sometimes.
I have a feeling, though, that my DS is on it's last leg. I've had it for almost 6 years.
And how do you make the brush strokes in Okami on the PS2?!?!?! neutral eek emotion_jawdrop emotion_0A0  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games