Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24750 24751 24752 24753 24754 24755 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:16 pm

it was bad
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:41 pm

I tried playing SA2 battle a while ago, and it was garbage. I used to love it, but I know better now. You guys need to realize that you had no idea what good momentum based 3D platforming was when that game came out.

Most of us were like >12

The camera was awful. A thing to be fought with in too many scenarios: Something I've come to hate most of all common game flaws(Lookin' at you Assassin's Creed)

On top of that, nothing but sheer sonic love and the fact that you'd invested money into the game would keep you grinding through terrible knuckles levels, or a lot of the levels really.

This isn't a matter of opinion it's a fact: The target demographic for sonic games is children, and children will play any junk that keeps them occupied and engaged.

I'd find myself, even as a kid, only enjoying like half of the sonic/shadow stages.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Would I defend the show "Rupert" from Nickalodeon, whcih I haven't watched since I was 6 or 7. ******** yes. Does that make it quality television? Probably not.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:54 pm

This is so me, though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdZfFqoP2U8

I can see looking back, that this cartoon influenced me.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:57 pm

you guys need to learn to not look back fondly on everything in your childhood that wasn't perfect
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Yep.

But if you can't manage that somehow, you could try to not hold things up to artificial standards of quality; such as those created when only looking back fondly.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Having a couple flaws doesn't make a game horrible
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Then why is unleashed?

I didn't list a couple: I stated (Essentially) that [to me] a lot of the game couldn't be played for fun by it's on merit.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Jaycorn
I haven't cause I heard it was bad; also, it's not SA if you can only play as Sonic.
Sonic + another Sonic noone (Except little boys: The target demographic) likes, whose play-style is nothing like sonic's.

That sounds just like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

Also, can someone clear this up for me? I was really into the chao garden and everything, but I don't hold it as a paragon for virtual pet games to aspire to be. It had it's merits, but I don't think it's a game making factor.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:19 pm

[Kegan]
Then why is unleashed?

I didn't list a couple: I stated (Essentially) that [to me] a lot of the game couldn't be played for fun by it's on merit.

You're allowed to think that. My problem isn't with you not liking SA2. My problem is with you then telling us that we need to think what you think.

And Unleashed is bad because the werehog is awful and Chips is like I WANT CHOCOLATE DERP

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Also:
[Kegan]
Yep.

But if you can't manage that somehow, you could try to not hold things up to artificial standards of quality; such as those created when only looking back fondly.

The Eleventh AK
Having a couple flaws doesn't make a game horrible

And there's this: Do these even follow each other?

Why does it always become this?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 pm

The Eleventh AK
[Kegan]
Then why is unleashed?

You're allowed to think that. My problem isn't with you not liking SA2. My problem is with you then telling us that we need to think what you think.

And Unleashed is bad because the werehog is awful and Chips is like I WANT CHOCOLATE DERP
game is bad and you should feel bad Wouldn't it be so confusing if I did that? It could be taken seriously. If at any point I failed to carefully select the words which mean exactly that I'm expressing personal opinions, then I beg your pardon. I'm trying to form a detached discussional argument because that's one way to have an engaging conversation. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right. I shouldn't even need to explain this, we're on a video game forum.

If he wanted chili dogs that'd be so ******** rad, right? Kids dig it, man.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Compared to neoGaf standards of decency, I'm transcending magnanimous.

But that comparison screams of some sort of argumentative fallacy.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Christ, let's ******** fight about it why don't we

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Show of hands: Who thinks that statement of mine reeks of contrivity(I'm making contrived a noun, what are you gonna do about it?)?

Now, after checking Google, keep them up if that one also sounded contrived.

Well, it may please you to know that I struggled to re-find the word contrived for like 5 minutes.

I just don't use it enough!
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24750 24751 24752 24753 24754 24755 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games