Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24765 24766 24767 24768 24769 24770 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:14 am

You're just biased against my suggestion because it's from Team Meat
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:24 am

Well, their games usually have the complexity of flash games. A lot of people might not want to pay for something analogous to a product that's free on Newgrounds.

I can't really speak for the quality, though, because I wasn't a fan on the Meat Boy flashgame, and I haven't played the Binding of Isaac at all. People generally aren't picky about quality when it comes to choosing between free and payed games, though.

As for Bastion, it's got a quality aesthetic, but the only thing really innovative about it is the narrator. The rest is a solid enough, but not spectacular beat-em-up.

So, now that I think about it, I'd probably have held onto my money on either count, and saved up for Super Mario 3D Land. Being poor doesn't mean I don't have my priorities straight. Have you see the trailers? Fabulous.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:49 am

In Japan, there will be a firmware update packed into the cart for some reason, adding a button to your friendslist that allows you to join other people's games-in-progress.

No idea why that's not just going to be released online, though.

Is that like, beta access?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:51 am

The flash game was basically a prototype. The actual game is way more developed than that. It's about as complex as any platformer out there now, too.

and you can't really say their games have the complexity of flash games, because Super Meat Boy is their first (and only) game out and it's much more than just a flash game.

The Binding of Isaac isn't actually a Team Meat game, just Edmund McMillen and some other guy

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:51 am

I'm gonna cross the beams here...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=do+a+barrel+roll
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:14 pm

[Kegan]
I'm gonna cross the beams here...
Don't]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=do+a+barrel+roll
Don't you just love google?

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:15 pm

I don't know if I can commit to the word love.

Yeah I do.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Up next, it's the "Humble Bastion Bundle."

Probably not.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:16 pm

My monitor shat out, so I've got to order a new one. If anyone knows of any awesome deals I might not know of, let me know. Looking for widescreen, badass, and < $250.

Also, SMB is still very flash gamey. It's better than most flash games though because it's longer, it's got a little more content than you'd want from a flash game, and the boss battles are better, but I get where Kegan is coming from too.

Also, I'm using an old monitor right now and it's hilarious to sit here on my awesome PC with this shitty monitor I used when I had dial-up. It's so blurry compared to a flat screen, and god, it just hurts my eyes after awhile. You don't realize how awesome technology is until you have to use old technology sometimes.

Also 3; my computer is running like a** right now. It needed a diskcheck because I had to hard powerdown and it ended up deleting a lot of files and stuff and now I get a bunch of errors including a Steam one so I uninstalled and am now reinstalling Steam. Just a bad computer day altogether.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:18 pm

How wide was your old monitor? Do you have separate speakers?

Also, what kind of Video Outputs does your computer use?

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:32 pm

My old monitor wasn't widescreen, and it was 17". I have separate speakers, and they're decent enough.

I'm using just standard settings now, nothing HD or anything.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:58 pm

No, I mean the cord. What kind of cable outlets does your computer have. Some monitors don't support older formats, which your videocard may only support, so it's important to know.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:21 pm

VGA and DVI.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 pm

This is my monitor, its significantly cheaper since I bought it. You could probably afford better.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AOC+-+21.5"+Widescreen+LED+HD+Monitor+-+Black/1970054.p?id=1218303649178&skuId=1970054&st=aoc&cp=1&lp=2

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Newegg is really great for finding stuff, even if you're not going to buy from them. It's a good place to start looking.
I could get you started, even. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007617 600030155&IsNodeId=1&name=Yes
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24765 24766 24767 24768 24769 24770 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games