Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:41 pm
Longbow UK
Falathrim
Longbow, you certianly like complaining about Gaia. razz

I'm not complaining, i'm simply giving "constructive feedback" xd

Who cares if you miss the start of the event anyways? It's just going to be a small feature (according to VO's journal) which makes me think of something on par to the Kissing thing. But meh, we'll find out when they get it up and running.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:53 pm
I'm a little confused sweatdrop event?  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:57 pm
Zurgi
Longbow UK
Falathrim
Longbow, you certianly like complaining about Gaia. razz

I'm not complaining, i'm simply giving "constructive feedback" xd

Who cares if you miss the start of the event anyways? It's just going to be a small feature (according to VO's journal) which makes me think of something on par to the Kissing thing. But meh, we'll find out when they get it up and running.

Missing out on the start of the event isn't what i'm bothered about as such, but more the concept of not taking different time-zones into account. It just seems bias towards Americans. sweatdrop

...Okay, I know i'm moaning. I'll stop now. xp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:04 pm
It doesn;t matter when they start it. The every nature of this planet makes it so someone has to miss the beginning.  

Falathrim

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:14 pm
Falathrim
It doesn;t matter when they start it. The every nature of this planet makes it so someone has to miss the beginning.

True... but they could of at least planned it around as many timezones as possible. Pretty much the whole of Europe is missing out. sweatdrop And I bet Europeans count for the majority of the non-American Gaian population. (may be wrong, but it's unlikely.)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:21 pm
*points to swarm of Canadian LotR regulars*

lol it was either that or wave a flag... not that it has anything to do with anything...  

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:24 pm
Glorfirith Annun

lol it was either that or wave a flag... not that it has anything to do with anything...

That was rather random... xd

*Looks around for English LotR fans and sees nothing but a leaf blowing in the wind* sad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:24 pm
Well Canadians fall under the US time zone catagory, not to say that in a biased way. But its true. We share time zones, so thus it is ok. What I'm saying, I have no clue.  

zylaxidia

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:26 pm
zylaxidia
Well Canadians fall under the US time zone catagory, not to say that in a biased way. But its true. We share time zones, so thus it is ok. What I'm saying, I have no clue.

Also, Canadians are technically Americans. sweatdrop Canada is a part of the continent which is North America, is it not?

...I've always catagorized them as Americans. *Shrugs*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:33 pm
Longbow UK
Also, Canadians are technically Americans. sweatdrop Canada is a part of the continent which is North America, is it not?

*twitch*

Canadians =/= Americans. We're North Americans, not Americans.

Americans = People in the US.
Canadians = People in Canada.

Nyar, difference. *does not want to be called an American* I'm CANADIAN. There IS a difference. sweatdrop  

Zurgi

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:34 pm
Zurgi
Longbow UK

*twitch*

Canadians =/= Americans. We're North Americans, not Americans.

Americans = People in the US.
Canadians = People in Canada.

Nyar, difference. *does not want to be called an American* I'm CANADIAN. There IS a difference. sweatdrop

America = North + South America.
Canada = A part of North America.
Americans = People in America. (not just the US.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:42 pm
Adding to that... Yes, I know you're Canadian. I know the difference. And I also know the difference between a country and a continent. wink

I am English. I am also European. See what I mean?

...I don't particularly like being called a European, but I still am one.
xp  

Khorkalba

Zurgi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:42 pm
I can see how it could be used to describe everyone in the continent (like saying Europeans) but most of the time the term "Americans" is used to describe those in the United States. And that's why I don't like being called an American, even though Canada is in the continent of North America 3nodding

Edit: Wooh..we get chocolate to give to "someone special". I want to keep mine O.O  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:46 pm
Zurgi
I can see how it could be used to describe everyone in the continent (like saying Europeans) but most of the time the term "Americans" is used to describe those in the United States. And that's why I don't like being called an American, even though Canada is in the continent of North America 3nodding

I know. And I would normally call people of Canada Canadians and not Americans. I was simply making the point that technically Canadians are American. wink

Edit: How do we get said chocolate? Or hasn't it been released into our inventories yet?  

Khorkalba

Imyavie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:55 pm
Longbow UK
Glorfirith Annun

That was rather random... xd

*Looks around for English LotR fans and sees nothing but a leaf blowing in the wind* sad

If it helps, England is my favourite football team! (I like calling it football more than soccer, cos it makes sense))

But don't EVER say us Canadians are a part of America AGAIN!  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games