Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24891 24892 24893 24894 24895 24896 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:15 pm

No way! I LOVE games that are ... uhhh... Ahhh... errrrr!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Summary of persona.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:32 pm

no
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Why is a game about managinga social life fun? OH ISN'T IT OBVIOUS , IT'S SO....EHHHH... AAHHHHH... UHHHHH...

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:38 pm

I once wrote a 2000-word essay about how good Persona 3 is, but it's gone now.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:41 pm

The social part is necessary for the dungeon crawling/Persona part and vice-versa, and it's like half and half. It's not just about imaginary friends.

Also it's the only game that has had a meaning that I could apply to my life and to life and death and general. Like real "art". Much better than your Metroid junk. wink

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:42 pm

I wish my childhood best friend was still normal and not like, crazy. She has a picture of the windmill hut guy from OoT on her Facebook. We used to be obsessed with the Song of Storms and Zelda in general together, so long ago.

Assuming "e" means "ecstasy"... of course
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:48 pm

If socialization worked anything like it does in the animes, maybe it'd translate into real social aptitude. But I don't think that a game, whose sole pursose it to provide a guided experience, particularly one with a reletively finite number of possible outcomes could ever prepare you for the unpredictable and often meaningless struggle that is interpersonal relationships. Like arguing with some dense socially awkward ginger on the internet (Wait, s**t)

Know what could temper you for such adversity? A really mean game.

Bomb everywhere.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:53 pm

In fact, my metroid junk is so like life, even more because NOONE TELLS ME WHAT TO ******** DO. AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

I'm gonna have to look up an answer to this soon. I must have missed something.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Relationships in that game don't work like real life. You spend some time with a character by talking to them and choosing from 2-3 options, help them through their hardships, and then form an "unbreakable bond" which lets you fuse a super powerful Persona. After that, you can never choose whether to spend time with them again. In real life, you would continue to spend time with that person until they got bored or changed and tossed you away, like my old best friend. I don't expect interpersonal relationships to be like that at all.

By "dense socially awkward ginger on the internet" I'm not sure which one of us you're talking about. xd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Ambiguity was the joke!

TEEHEEE

My old best friend's been kinda flakey in ways for his whole life. He was atleast reliable, but got less so in highschool. When he came back from basic training I found I really couldn't stand to be around him anymore.

"Hey wanna hang out?" Became I wanna borrow your gamecube controller for the 3rd wii I've owned. Maybe you can watch me play dragon age until you get bored and go home. And then selling your gamecube controller with the wii and all my games because I got bored of them and I'm terrible with money.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I don't think you're dense, in any case. As for socially awkward, I've never properly socialized with you.

The words describe me quite well, sometimes, however.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Thank you for not thinking I am dense. Neither are you.

I dunno. Matthew said I'm not socially awkward, but I think he was just confused or something.

In any case, I have been on many occasions (though everyone has, really).

I have social anxiety though. One of the many symptoms is that I have trouble skyping with a large group of you people. Especially since you're almost all men. Not sure if things like that, getting nervous about talking to people I don't know well and avoiding speaking in class at all costs (resorting to truancy, even) count as social awkwardness.

And most friends are kinda crap like that. I wonder if a lot of my high school friends only ever hang out with me anymore because they feel obligated to. We have almost nothing in common but our pasts and the fact that we're students, and I bet many of us only became friends because our school was so damn tiny. I have just one friend left who I genuinely enjoy hanging out with, and who still likes me a lot. The others leave me feeling a bit depressed afterwards sometimes.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:49 pm

ANYWAY... Persona 3 is not exactly like life (that would not be fun) but it totally is at the same time in many ways, more so than any game I've ever played. Except for maybe The Sims.

I like how Animal Crossing is classified as a "life simulation" game but it's so unlike life that I just want to classify it as a "weird furry JRPG where you decorate s**t" game

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:02 pm

It's hard to explain what makes a game fun exactly, why people enjoy them so much. Why can racing games and strategy RPGs and FPSes and rhythm games all be enjoyable?

But anyway, Persona 3 and 4 are fun because they are challenging, rewarding, interesting and satisfying, and because they have some of the best soundtracks I have ever heard. And because they force you to become emotionally attached to them if you decide to complete them. Persona 4 literally had me bawling my eyes out and cussing Atlus out at one point, and that has never happened with another game... ever. My eyes may have become slightly watery when Aeris died or Shadow the Hedgehog died (lol), for example, but that's about it.

And yeah I guess they can be hard too, but not excruciatingly so... not normally. There's always grinding, and you gain EXP at a rapid pace because you have to do things other than dungeon crawl too. Plus I'd say battles in that game are just inherently more interesting that they are in most other JRPGs, so when I did have to grind, it wasn't painful at all. That might just be me and my almost irrational love for the game. Grinding in Pokemon puts me to sleep, though, and you have to do much more than just press A to grind in Persona.

The biggest flaw is probably that you'll almost certainly want to use GameFAQs for it, whether it's to find out the answers in school, to know how to create certain Personas, to know what the best things to say to people are or, in extreme cases, to know what strategy to use in order to defeat an enemy. For some reason I find that kinda fun too sometimes, though I don't need them so much anymore.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24891 24892 24893 24894 24895 24896 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games