Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:59 pm
Longbow UK
Edit: How do we get said chocolate? Or hasn't it been released into our inventories yet?

It hasn't been released into our inventories yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:00 pm
imyavie
Longbow UK
Glorfirith Annun
*points to swarm of Canadian LotR regulars*

lol it was either that or wave a flag... not that it has anything to do with anything...

That was rather random... xd

*Looks around for English LotR fans and sees nothing but a leaf blowing in the wind* sad

If it helps, England is my favourite football team! (I like calling it football more than soccer, cos it makes sense))

But don't EVER say us Canadians are a part of America AGAIN!

redface Okay... I'm sorry. It'll never happen again. xd ...I can understand why you're offended. I wouldn't like to be called an American either.

Yay for the England football team!
whee  

Khorkalba

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:00 pm
User Image

You sound as crazy as that insane British friend I once had who spazzed out when I called her a European.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:05 pm
Falathrim
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You sound as crazy as that insane British friend I once had who spazzed out when I called her a European.

It is slightly different with us though. We have our own island. xp  

Khorkalba

Caeleste

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:17 pm
Longbow UK

And two and a half countries politically controlled by you.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:19 pm
Yeah, so?

Hawaii has its own islands. Doesn't make it not a part of America. Some of Alaska has its own islands. Still America. Cuba? Part of America. And look,. there's the Bahamas. You catch my dirft.

Plus, your islands are, at the English Channel's widest point, 240 kilometers (150 miles) from mainland Europe. Minnesota is much, much further from Washington that that, and yet I'm still American.  

Falathrim

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:23 pm
Alfirin IV
Longbow UK

And two and a half countries politically controlled by you.

3nodding ...and we did control all of this at one point:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And there are other countries that we've controlled large portions of at some point in History. (such as France.)

[/we're special]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:23 pm
XD Are we really going to argue over nationalities and stuff?
If we are...

'Night everyone.  

Caeleste

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:24 pm
I was just watching the Lebanese news and I found out that the prime minister of Lebanon was assasinated today in a car bombing sad . (If you don't know yet I was born and raised in Lebanon). Well basically what worries me is that the government suspects the Syrian government of the assasination and that can stir up ALOT of trouble. Remeber the assasination of the Archduke in Saravejo? A small thing like that started WW1. I'm afraid that with this happening, a war will be sparked between Lebanon and Syria (in which Lebanon stands no chance), All neighbouring countries will be thrown in. Eventually, the US and the rest of the world powers will go in and viola... WW3. I have alot of relatives in the Lebanese army including my a few cousins, my brother in law and a few more. I hope this doesn't get out of hand or we can be looking at an all out war sad  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:26 pm
Wow...this is truly getting intense, but I highly doubt a WWIII.  

Imyavie

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:28 pm
Falathrim
Yeah, so?

Hawaii has its own islands. Doesn't make it not a part of America. Some of Alaska has its own islands. Still America. Cuba? Part of America. And look,. there's the Bahamas. You catch my dirft.

Plus, your islands are, at the English Channel's widest point, 240 kilometers (150 miles) from mainland Europe. Minnesota is much, much further from Washington that that, and yet I'm still American.

I wasn't saying that we're not a part of Europe. rolleyes I'm not that stupid. lol I was just comparing Candada/North America to England/Europe. If there were no boundaries you would not know where the USA ended and where Canada began. Unlike us, because we're seperated by water. See what i'm saying?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:29 pm
imyavie
Wow...this is truly getting intense, but I highly doubt a WWIII.
It's very possible. In a war like that, especially between two countries that have so much allies, the entire m,iddle east will get thrown in. See Lebanon is a democratic independt country but for the past few decades we've been partially controlled by the Syrian government. When I was a kid I could see Syrian army camps all over the towns and cities. Lebanese people don't like this at all and want to get the Syrians out, but apprently they're not too happy about that considering Lebanon is considered, especially in legends, to be the "mythical land of milk and honey" where the Phoenecians had the strongest empire before most civilizations in the world. It is important trust me.  

SYFFER

zylaxidia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:31 pm
Its the end of the world as we know it....*sings*
In all seriousness though, Syffer, that sucks, to put it bluntly. Lets just hope/pray that it'll all end up nice and daintily and we can get on with the shitty lives we live. I'm in a blunt, annoyed mood right now. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:33 pm
I sure hope so. Cause to think of it, with a population of just 4 million, it can be a total wipeout sad  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:35 pm
I hope a war doesn't come of it. neutral If it did happen I can see America taking full advantage of the situation to expand their control over the middle-east. *sigh*

A third world war is highly unlikely though. Not in this day and age of push-button warfare.

Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games