Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24966 24967 24968 24969 24970 24971 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

l-Kriel-l
A guy on facebook asked me if I could help him write a game in C#. It's a puzzle platformer with a pretty interesting idea behind it.

...I guess I should learn C# then.
it shouldn't be too bad, i managed to learn visual basic in just a couple weeks and could write things in that, just nothing big like a game, VB doesn't compile to a small enough size like C# and C++ do.

and its less open to games. like the most i could prolly do is battleship.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Jaycorn
This is so cute. D:
Ka-boom! Those are neat. It'd be neat to have a few of them just to have in some spot of your house/apartment.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:36 pm

I need to learn programming too. I've really been putting it off, just like I have writing anything, despite having approximately a billion sticky notes of plot ideas for a handful of stories I've taken from work, stashed in one drawer of my desk.

NOPE JUST PLAY SOME MORE TF2, FISH. emo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Some people simply lack to self motivation required to simply DO, and be constructive.

on most topics, that's me.

I wish ceramics was something more people took seriously, because it's one of the few things I make time for being productive in. It comes painlessly.

I should probably look into similar fields. Design and stuff. I seriously wanted to take that weaving class. I've wanted to know how to make wicker stuff for ages now/ And I have even spent time designing a side table for my room, which I never found the time to make.

I guess it wasn't meant to be razz

Designing handmade furniture would be an awesome job.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm in my 4th semester of ceramics, and I'd still rather make new pottery than play Mario Kart 7 in the school lounge.

I wonder how long I can stay that passionate.

There's always new little things I can do, like trying new glazes and techniques. There's... you know... a couple thousand years of developments behind this art. I'm unlikely to run out of interesting topics!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Meta_Fish
I need to learn programming too. I've really been putting it off, just like I have writing anything, despite having approximately a billion sticky notes of plot ideas for a handful of stories I've taken from work, stashed in one drawer of my desk.

NOPE JUST PLAY SOME MORE TF2, FISH. emo
when you want to get started let me know, i plan to learn as well but... same issue...

but i want to learn because of those games.

i wanna make some TF2 items, weapons mostly and some hats.

like i want to make a cane melee wep for medic. get it?

its just the coding and modeling part. the idea part comes easy.

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Oh man...programming. I've always wanted to learn, too. I don't think I have the skill set needed to be successful. Plus my attention span is garbage.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:02 pm

*throws a McDingle's apple pie into the room*

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Nintendo Cult: Defeatists.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:04 pm

♥♥♥♥♥♥~~ User Image

User ImageI can't wait until February.

User Image~~♥♥♥♥♥♥

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 pm

well the best way to figure out if your gonna be ok with programming, i recommend taking a class in visual basic at a community college, its not main stream programming but its easy to learn and it helps you figure out if you want to go down that road or not.

also the class usually comes with a copy of the visual studio, so thats C++ C# Java and a few other languages all packaged with it.

i lost my code though...

oh well. PIRATE YAR!

also i has a book somewhere with some lessons in it from when i took the class so i could always copy the useful ones down.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:14 pm

I want to make a game but you need a) a writer b) a programmer c) an artist and d) a musician and I kind of don't want to learn how to be good at all of those. Maybe just one or two.

I like that feeling I get from working on a creative project and brainstorming, especially with other people. It's very fun.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:36 pm

If Kingdom Hearts: DDD has the following musics, I will be purchasing regardless of anything else:
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFwxHys41OY
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i20td5SH7k
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Those are both remixes of KH1 songs...

We may see them is some form, but probably, again, as remixes.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:45 pm

They'd better be good remixes.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24966 24967 24968 24969 24970 24971 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games