Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:04 pm
Princess Zelda21
Javier Cross
Princess Zelda21
Javier Cross
Princess Zelda21

Yes, that is true. He is a rather unique character, considering his personality and all.

He's also not a normal Alchemist either.

Yep, Hector was a Devil Forge Master under the service of Count Dracula.

Not many people would like to talk about something like that, I suspect.

Yeah, I suppose so. I always wanted to try a Castlevania rp, maybe a Castlevania/LoZ crossover rp or something. Haven't found any decent ones Hmm...

Maybe if you speak with X_of_Pentacles he could help you out there, perhaps?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:05 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I'll still be on probably every day, just not as much when exams come around; SAT, ACT, HSPA. That stuff.
I don't really study for stuff; I'm awesome at Algebra, English I'm good at (I just need to study vocab this year), and maybe a little history and Italian.
And I'm going to be doing an intensive study week in prep for HSPA, I don't know when that will be but I probably wont be on that much during that week.

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you, was a tad busy the past couple days.
I had to get up at five yesterday so I could go and get my uncle's kids on the bus while his wife took my mum to a super early appointment.
She was the first appointment of the day.
And then I helped out a bit with the little boy she babysat, and THEN I got suckered into helping my uncle's wife study for an anatomy and physiology test she has soon.
And I was super tired when I got home and I think the little boy passed on whatever he was sick with to me. Gahhhh.
ANYway.
I've never really studied for anything in my entire life. >>;
Never studied for tests, except an eensy bit for a few history and government classes (those only because I'm terrible with dates).
I didn't study for the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test, just about our only state mandated test up here; I also got to skip the OGT prep classes after I moved) or the pre-ACT or the actual ACT. I didn't even study for any of my AP tests.
So, I know how that goes. >>;
Still available if you ever wanna toss a question, ANY kind of question, including stuff not related to any official educational endeavors, my way. c;

Ug you have no idea what I've been through the past two days.
The kid who I babysit, his parents are getting a divorce. That's all I can say. I've been sworn to secrecy by my parents.
I was watching him till 11:30 last night and, thank GOD, got him out of his shell of isolation and seclusion.
And there is one person who betrayed his mother and I swear to god if I find him I'm promising at least two slashed tires.
If I can find him I'll probably knock his jaw out of his socket...
anyway, school isn't to stressing; so far, only bio exams have me worried.

Well did you hear the news going on with how $5 dollars will get someone 25 of Flynn's booty?
That's gonna cause some kind of uproar when the community got back to getting stabilized!
Between the various traders, the Booty Grabbers and those just buying Flynn's Booty!

But you cant buy it anymore?

Not directly, no, but spending the minimum of $5 dollars in cash to buy Gaia cash will get you 25 units of Flynn's Booty.  

Javier Cross

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:06 pm
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I'll still be on probably every day, just not as much when exams come around; SAT, ACT, HSPA. That stuff.
I don't really study for stuff; I'm awesome at Algebra, English I'm good at (I just need to study vocab this year), and maybe a little history and Italian.
And I'm going to be doing an intensive study week in prep for HSPA, I don't know when that will be but I probably wont be on that much during that week.

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you, was a tad busy the past couple days.
I had to get up at five yesterday so I could go and get my uncle's kids on the bus while his wife took my mum to a super early appointment.
She was the first appointment of the day.
And then I helped out a bit with the little boy she babysat, and THEN I got suckered into helping my uncle's wife study for an anatomy and physiology test she has soon.
And I was super tired when I got home and I think the little boy passed on whatever he was sick with to me. Gahhhh.
ANYway.
I've never really studied for anything in my entire life. >>;
Never studied for tests, except an eensy bit for a few history and government classes (those only because I'm terrible with dates).
I didn't study for the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test, just about our only state mandated test up here; I also got to skip the OGT prep classes after I moved) or the pre-ACT or the actual ACT. I didn't even study for any of my AP tests.
So, I know how that goes. >>;
Still available if you ever wanna toss a question, ANY kind of question, including stuff not related to any official educational endeavors, my way. c;

The kid who I babysit, his parents are getting a divorce. That's all I can say. I've been sworn to secrecy by my parents.
I was watching him till 11:30 last night and, thank GOD, got him out of his shell of isolation and seclusion.
And there is one person who betrayed his mother and I swear to god if I find him I'm promising at least two slashed tires.

Well did you hear the news going on with how $5 dollars will get someone 25 of Flynn's booty?
That's gonna cause some kind of uproar when the community got back to getting stabilized!
Between the various traders, the Booty Grabbers and those just buying Flynn's Booty!

Not directly, no, but spending the minimum of $5 dollars in cash to buy Gaia cash will get you 25 units of Flynn's Booty.

...wow. So unfair.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:09 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge

...wow. So unfair.

I'm not a major fan of how Booty Grabbing in general is mutilating gaia's abilities to get proper debaters, but even I feel it for the Booty grabbing process.
All the more if the fish inflation prices get any worse than they already are at this time.

We need to hire armies of Professional JavaScript users among Regular Gaians to work with the Staff's Trainees to stabilize the site.  

Javier Cross

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:13 pm
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge

...wow. So unfair.

I'm not a major fan of how Booty Grabbing in general is mutilating gaia's abilities to get proper debaters, but even I feel it for the Booty grabbing process.
All the more if the fish inflation prices get any worse than they already are at this time.

We need to hire armies of Professional JavaScript users among Regular Gaians to work with the Staff's Trainees to stabilize the site.

This is partially the fault of them getting rid of the website not affiliated with Gaia, but it had pages upon pages of booty grab glowing tanks, AND THEY SHUT IT DOWN!
Bring it back and the whole game will stabilize...
*sigh* If I had known about the $5 thing, maybe I would have bought the Grab...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:19 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge

...wow. So unfair.

This is partially the fault of them getting rid of the website not affiliated with Gaia, but it had pages upon pages of booty grab glowing tanks, AND THEY SHUT IT DOWN!

Why did they shut down the site related to the Aquariums by chance?
Tell me its just because of the sharp decline in quality debating on-site, rather than even worse excuses going on like this.
Nobody blames you for that.  

Javier Cross

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:21 pm
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross

Tell me its just because of the sharp decline in quality debating on-site, rather than even worse excuses going on like this.

Because the site wasn't affiliated with Gaia, but it had Gaia aquariums on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:49 pm
Javier Cross

Gaia requested they stop offering the services related to showing pages upon pages of actively glowing tanks because it was contributing heavily to inflation.
I've followed these issues religiously.
There was no "shut down" order or anything, just a request, and the site agreed because their intention was to help the economy, not hurt it.
[/Spazzy's two cents]

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:51 pm
Queen Spazzy
Javier Cross

Gaia requested they stop offering the services related to showing pages upon pages of actively glowing tanks because it was contributing heavily to inflation.
I've followed these issues religiously.
There was no "shut down" order or anything, just a request, and the site agreed because their intention was to help the economy, not hurt it.
[/Spazzy's two cents]

Couldn't they just actually raise the amount of gold one would get from being part of a meaningful discussion and contributing to said discussion, at the same time?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:52 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge

You don't say.
Aren't they hurting the Economy for sure with the upscaling of Flynn's Booty, though?
Seriously, with that kind of money being gathered like that, they could host multiple gold-winning contests with that kind of cash.  

Javier Cross

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:57 pm
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge

You don't say.
Aren't they hurting the Economy for sure with the upscaling of Flynn's Booty, though?
Seriously, with that kind of money being gathered like that, they could host multiple gold-winning contests with that kind of cash.

As I've said before, this is the excuse they need to raise the marketplace tax.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:00 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge

You don't say.

Most of the staff doesn't seem to want to be @ssed to train the Staff Trainees for how to handle the JavaScripts, right?
Dang it. crying
We were doing so fine without that kind of news happening, too.  

Javier Cross

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:01 pm
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge

You don't say.

Most of the staff doesn't seem to want to be @ssed to train the Staff Trainees for how to handle the JavaScripts, right?
Dang it. crying

Dunno. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:03 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Javier Cross
Darkness Dragons Revenge

You don't say.

Dang it. crying

Dunno. Sorry.

We just found out that most of the problems plaguing Gaia since before the new CEO arrived had to do with the JavaScripts and the lack of professionals working on it, since Gaia's powered by Java.  

Javier Cross

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:10 pm
Javier Cross
You don't say.

They considered the economical issues very seriously before releasing Flynn's Booty.
They did a mini-FAQ about it here.
You may consider me the bad guy for all my support of these features, but I promise I don't just take sides willy-nilly, I do my research.
I'm very much in support of raising the marketplace tax.
I think perhaps an even better idea would be a variable scaling tax, though, that increases with sale price of an item so we're not murdering sales of cheap, common items with increased taxes.
I wonder if that's something that has been suggested...

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games