Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:54 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I guess they do. But like you said, he was originally supposed to be Leon, so it's only natural that they'd look alike. I mean, if this was a new character in RE5, and they said, "It was originally supposed to be Chris," that I can believe. But personally, if I was working at Capcom, I'd order them to remodel the character, AT LEAST change the haircut. I'm sure they did some minor remodelling on Steve, making him skinnier and such, probably widening his mouth. Unfortunately, I don't have the access to Capcom's inner works yet. But when I saw Steve, I never for a second thought it was Leon, as opposed to Claire who I recognized right away.
However, when I'm a developer, there's no way in hell, I'd make two separate characters who have such alike features, not in the same series.

I recongnized after playing CV and then 2. But you are correct. They did some major alterations to Steve to make him look different than Leon. But odds are it is Chris, or Solid Snake in disguise.
When you get access to Capcom's inner works, make sure they bring back Billy and Rebecca.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:58 pm
You know what? I bet Billy found Rebecca and they fled to some tropical island and lived happily ever after and that's why we don't see either of them after RE1.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:59 pm
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they went to take down Umbrella on their own.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:52 pm
Vash Thompson
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they went to take down Umbrella on their own.
In which case it should be its own game. I swear, when I find out about what happened to them for sure, I'm writing fan fiction detailing the in between events. This is after I finish my other ones.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:10 pm
After some major examination, of both characters, I have reasons to believe that either:

A: The character in RE5 is neither Billy OR Chris

or

B: The Resident Evil team made one very basic inconsistency.

The character in RE5 has brown eyes.
Chris has blue eyes.
Billy's eyes appear to be grey when I examined them. They looked more hazel than grey, however I believe it was because the lighting on the train was very poor and gave off a yellow tone.

But upon closer observation here are some eye colors for Resident Evil:

Wesker (Before transformation): Green
Barry: Grey
Jill: Blue
Chris: Blue
Rebecca: Greeny Bluish
Claire: Blue
Leon: Blue

So as you can see, there's some off blue obsessiveness in Resident Evil. I don't know why. But the fact remains, the character in RE5 has brown eyes. So unless they decided to change Chris or Billy's eyes, then it may verywell be a new character, or worse, Ark Thompson.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:58 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
After some major examination, of both characters, I have reasons to believe that either:

A: The character in RE5 is neither Billy OR Chris

or

B: The Resident Evil team made one very basic inconsistency.

The character in RE5 has brown eyes.
Chris has blue eyes.
Billy's eyes appear to be grey when I examined them. They looked more hazel than grey, however I believe it was because the lighting on the train was very poor and gave off a yellow tone.

But upon closer observation here are some eye colors for Resident Evil:

Wesker (Before transformation): Green
Barry: Grey
Jill: Blue
Chris: Blue
Rebecca: Greeny Bluish
Claire: Blue
Leon: Blue

So as you can see, there's some off blue obsessiveness in Resident Evil. I don't know why. But the fact remains, the character in RE5 has brown eyes. So unless they decided to change Chris or Billy's eyes, then it may verywell be a new character, or worse, Ark Thompson.

Contact lenses perhaps?  

Resident Isaka
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:51 pm
Yeah, but once again, game developers wouldn't do that unless it had some significan reasoning behind it. I mean, maybe the lenses contain the retinal pattern of another man, and this would allow him to get through certain doors, but... In a village-like place such as that?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:58 pm
Never doubt Umbrella, there's probably a lab there.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:05 pm
Kaworu__Nagisa
No doubt. But usually when our good guys go to these places, they almost never suspect a thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Kaworu__Nagisa
No doubt. But usually when our good guys go to these places, they almost never suspect a thing.
Yeah, but maybe they decided to change things and have them know.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

NovaKnight21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:02 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but once again, game developers wouldn't do that unless it had some significan reasoning behind it. I mean, maybe the lenses contain the retinal pattern of another man, and this would allow him to get through certain doors, but... In a village-like place such as that?

Remember the gate in RE4... That was a rural village, and there was some high-tech crap there.

EDIT: I just had an insane thought. It's probably wrong, but you never know. What if... Wesker stole a sample of Chris' DNA when they fought in CV, and brought it back to Umbrella to help make a clone? And you play the Chris clone, trying to escape?

... Yeah, I didnt' think it was possible either. But it was fun to think of in my head! rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:10 am
Right, but like I said, Leon had no idea that it would go that far.

So even if Chris suspected that there would be a lab there, to obtain a retinal pattern and duplicate it? It's possible, but very farfetched.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:13 am
Hey, stranger things have happened. Anyway, I was just throwing it out there, I don't really think that there is any way it will be like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:37 am
Okay, if the main character is in fact Chris (which Is most likely and if they already made it official I had no clue of it what so ever right now) who else do you think is going to make an appearance? I’m thinking Clare and Jill, and hopefully Wesker.

Blame the O

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:14 pm
Wesker. Jill. I don't so much care for Claire. No rhyme intended. Maybe Rebecca?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games