Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Naga's Scales. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:09 pm
"Hmmm... How about, no? You really don't understand this at all, do you? The power of Byako is greater than any single area. One cannot remove an area from the map and still consider it part of the whole. You have so very much to learn. You should have picked the cards."

Flames erupted around every single one of the jhand as they filled with power from the city. If the building so much as attempted to absorb any of it, chances are good that the building would be destroyed or end up like the Plushie Palace.

((Owner of the place means that they can change the area, not everything within it.
And no, I am perfectly correct in stating that the Naga's Scales is not the Jarian Base.
The Jarians have a base. They are only allowed one, just like every other clan. The Naga's Scales is a temporary substitute. This does not upgrade the area into super awesome Jarian base mode. You are using techniques that are reserved in power level for clan bases only. In other areas than bases it can easily be argued to be godmodding. It has never been stated if takeover was an objective here. In fact, it is not. It was merely someone stating an opinion in a bar, after multiple people there made it clear that they had already judges and disapproved of them. Don't bother arguing that nothing was said. The intent of the posts made it clear that there would be body language involved.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:11 pm
Byako Random Event

a bunch of dogs walk in with a large round table and pick up every person in the bar setting them down around it and begins dealing cards
and two pitchers of water apeared over viva and atticus

ByakoAssailant

Xx_Raziel-Phoenix_xX

Dapper Genius

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:19 pm
He managed to finish his food through all the commotion and let the bar take care of the dishes as he listened to the escalating arguments quietly. It was like listening to a bunch of bickering children over who's toys were the best, although he was glad to see there were some cooler heads amongst them.

He stood and moved over to Viva's side, placing a hand on his shoulder quietly.

"Please Viva, you have important matters to take care of at the bathhouse. I will be remaining here for some time so the Naga Scales will be in good hands."

He placed himself between Viva and the guests so as to try and discourage further arguments. He faced them with a smile.

"My name is Raziel, I am second-in-command to Miss Lutia. While the Naga Scales is public domain here in Byako, it is still under Jarian jurisdiction, and as such we retain the right to refuse service to anyone, regardless of clan, gender or race."

He took a moment to clear his throat before continuing.

"I may not understand your prejudice against the Jarian clan, but I respect your right to your own opinion. However, I humbly ask that you refrain from any further remarks against the Jarian clan or any other clan while you are here in the interest of public peace. I invite you to enjoy our hospitality here at the Naga Scales, and I hope that this incident doesn't dissuade you from coming back again."

He gave a small bow and left the groups to themselves. He didn't know whether they would accept his requests or not, but he was satisfied that he did the best he could in maintaining order. He returned to his seat at the bar and make himself another drink.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:23 pm
"Now there is a gentleman!"
Atticus returned the bow.
"Thank you. I think I will."
He reached across the table and tapped one of the drones on the shoulder.
"A ham and cheese truffle and a cup for my water, please."
He reached up and took a hold of the pitcher above his head.

((On a side note, the shield you mentioned is now under investigation for being a godmod defense in the style of ISA defenses past.))  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

supremeviva
Crew

Malevolent Codger

6,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Streaker 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:34 pm
((What are you talking about? You are clearing misinterpreting things. As owner of the building he is within his right to ask someone to leave regardless of the position of the person. To say that you can just ignore who a owner wants in his own bar in it self if a form of godmodding and disrespectful to the poster itself. As well as just assuming you can walk into a heavily defended place controlled by another clan and just assume you have complete unchallenged power there is also godmodding. You can't just go up and destory the place or say that the technology has no effect just because of your position. I'm aware of what a clan leader can do, and you are overstepping your position. Clan leader are just alittle bit more powerful than regular members. Viva is one of the most powerful Jarians in the clan. therefore Atticus should only have a small advantage in terms of power. Your are clearly making it sound like Atticus is a all powerfull being which he is not. Also a energy absorbing field is not overstepping any boundaries. I ran the defenses past some of the mods and i got a approval before creating the place so your out of luck on calling it godmodding. ))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:42 pm
((The field acting in the way you have described it is remarkably similar to a form of shielding used by the ISA. This caused a large fiasco in the Crew subforum and was deemed a godmodding move. This was also in effect over their base. No matter how many Jarians occupy the Naga's Scales, it is still just a normal area. And clan leader power comes from the city. It cannot be overshadowed by minor powers. That is what makes clan leaders special, the ability to be unaffected by other powers in the city. Not necessarily combat power. The leader of the Kanereshii clan would probably have a hard time in a fight with a high school thug, much less an ancient. He can ask them to leave, it's his building. But the guests can then refuse. It happens all the time in real life and is hardly considered playing god. It's called being stubborn. It doesn't matter which approvals you recieved when construction started. If an effect is used in a godmodding manner, it can be called as godmodding.))  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

Rozalin Wednesday

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:46 pm
"Hello Raziel, Nice to meet you." Shinobu said kicking his feet up onto the table once again. "I'm sure I've already introduced myself as did the other three members that came here with me."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:50 pm
((after go aback and reveiws the list of defense for the base, I admit that I misstated what it does. It mearly absorbs energy not stop the abilties of one only absorb hositle energy launched withing its area or effect for instance if a non jarian were to hurl a fireball at someone with intent to hurt, the fireball would vanishs and be aboorbed. It wouldn't take away the abiltiy of the caster to use the spell, just stop it form hitting its target. ))  

supremeviva
Crew

Malevolent Codger

6,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Streaker 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:53 pm
((Alright then. It sounded like you were saying that it affected only non-Jarians. The inclusion that it absorbs all hostile energy (even Viva's) would change the classification of to a level 2 (Quaint Neighborhood Restictions) from a level 12 (ISA godmod magic). That should be fine then.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 pm
((Still doesn't evxplain how you got rid of my cannons. Solid matter, not energy.))  

Rozalin Wednesday

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:01 pm
((And what does Shinobu expand to create the matter? I'm assuming there's energy involved. Just let the retroactive activation work, unless you're willing to edit it into your post that it didn't work.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:03 pm
((well it does to a sort. It cannot absorb all types of energy just most of them. Viva would have the advantage of knowing what types it blocks and what it doest since he created the shield. Though of course Atticus wouldn't know that since I'm pretty sure he wouldn't know nothing or very little about Ancient technology. also the beam turrets and H.A.Ds {heavy assualt drone} are not affected by the feild, or it would defeat the purpose of having them. ))  

supremeviva
Crew

Malevolent Codger

6,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Streaker 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Rozalin Wednesday

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:04 pm
((Too much work to go edit it.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:07 pm
((Yeah, laziness does fit well enough.
And I wouldn't be too sure that Atticus wouldn't know. Atticus is really Afos Sem in disguise, though he's really not trying hard to hide his identity here. If anyone in Byako would know about the ancients' tech, it would be the head librarian.))  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

supremeviva
Crew

Malevolent Codger

6,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Streaker 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:08 pm
Faulty Ambition
((And what does Shinobu expand to create the matter? I'm assuming there's energy involved. Just let the retroactive activation work, unless you're willing to edit it into your post that it didn't work.))

((exactly. Matter and energy coexist to create matter or transport matter require energy therefore it is vulnerable to counter by the field.))  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games