Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

recycledwhitetrash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:11 pm
I have been a athiest for three years now. I joined this guild hoping I could safely discuss my beliefes with like minded people. I am a metalhead and sohpmore at highschool with an open air campus (It kicks a** to get fresh air).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:09 pm
Hello all and welcome to GAU.

I hope you all have some good plans. I will need them so I can plan to take over the world and make it more evil than it already is make the world a better place for everyone.

I also hope you like to make homemade nuclear weapons cookies, because... they are... they are um... YUMMMY! That's it. They are yummy.... <<
>>

Welcome!

Yami_Ichi

SmurfsonAcid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:15 pm
This would be Conor.

That is all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:49 am
I'm Icarus Allsorts and I am passionate Atheist although I was raised as a Christian, Roman Catholic specifically so I know a fair bit about that religion. In fact I am a little scared that I know more about a religion that I don't believe in than most of the preachers on gaia. I am a flamer and damn well proud of it, I have been on gaia since mid 04 and I hate it when people try to correct my spelling or grammar.

So yeah, that's me.

Icarus Allsorts

Muaethia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:13 am
Icarus Allsorts
I'm Icarus Allsorts and I am passionate Atheist although I was raised as a Christian, Roman Catholic specifically so I know a fair bit about that religion. In fact I am a little scared that I know more about a religion that I don't believe in than most of the preachers on gaia. I am a flamer and damn well proud of it, I have been on gaia since mid 04 and I hate it when people try to correct my spelling or grammar.

So yeah, that's me.

Meh, me too. I always pwn the christian kids in RS exams about their religion...kind of creepy

gonk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:09 pm
Hi. o.o I'm Kouli. 3nodding
Picture = profile. D: You'll go blind though.
rofl

Ailse

Time-traveling Nymph

Chavela_Margola

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:11 pm
Hi everyone. Thanks to whoever approved my application to join this guild.

Well, let's see. I was raised in a Christian home by a father who was a Southern Baptist minister. I never really questioned what I was taught in regard to religion, just accepted it like a blind, dumb sheep. When I was in high school, I had a music teacher who was an athiest. I asked him lots of questions and he told me "the more people you talk to, the more you learn about science and the more education you get, the less you will believe." At the time I had no idea how prophetic his words were.

So I went for years, still not questioning. I was Youth director and Choir Director and I worked constanly in the church. Then my husband started drinking and getting violent so I left him - and the church asked me to step down from all my leadership positions. Suddenly I was left to wonder what kind of people (not to mention what kind of God) would want me and my children to live in a dangerous environment just to protect the sanctity of marriage.

So I started reading and researching and I realized what I had believed my whole life was a fairy tale. My first boyfriend after my divorce was an athiest and he gave me lots of resources. I won't lie - it was hard to let go of the only thing I'd ever known - but I've come to make peaxe with it and I've got the chance to raise my children in the truth - not in the brainwashing techniques of a senseless religion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:31 am
Name IRL: Jack
Interests: Arguing with religious nuts, writing, reading, drawing, being bad at painting, playing the Irish Tin Whistle, RPing

I plan on becoming a writer for a job in my life, writing rocks!  

Soaring Resurrection

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:22 pm

Welcome to the guild.^^

@Chavela_Margola- My family goes to a Southern Baptist church too.
They had a female youth director once when my cousin was a bit younger than I am now, so maybe over 10 years ago. Everyone else in leadership positions I've seen at the church have been married men.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:46 am
I guess my atheism started out about 2 years ago, when I was 13 (I'm 15 now for those of you who can't add) when I went on a year-long trip around the world. I visited all sorts of places, including Peru. It was there I discovered all the horrible things that the Catholic Church had done, and that sort of sparked off my questioning mind. By the time I got to Rome, I was really beginning to question the existance of God. I happened to pass by a rally of atheists while walking around, and talking to a couple of those people made be a strong atheist. When I got back home, I set about studying and kicking a** in ED. After a few months, I realised that there was a chance, no matter how slim, that God could maybe, just maybe exist. By chances, I'm talking about chances even slimmer than The Matrix being real. A few months ago, I found out that my beliefs actually reflected those of Weak Atheism, rather than Agnosticism I had come to label myself as.

So now here I am...Yeah.

I plan on going into Law when I get out of High School. Maybe politics...Who knows?

An alternative I've considered is Sociology. It sounds interesting, and I've been looking into recently.  

Lethkhar

Seabhac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:28 pm
Hey everyone, I'm Seabhac but you can call me Sea. Or anything, really; I have a lot of nicknames, most of which derive from incorrect spellings of Seabhac.

I like words and music, and most of my life revolves around these two things. I also like discussions with intelligent people. I'm nineteen and a sophomore at a university, studying English.

See you around.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:27 am
Seabhac
Hey everyone, I'm Seabhac but you can call me Sea. Or anything, really; I have a lot of nicknames, most of which derive from incorrect spellings of Seabhac.

I like words and music, and most of my life revolves around these two things. I also like discussions with intelligent people. I'm nineteen and a sophomore at a university, studying English.

See you around.

Baccy.

@ lethkhar- I'm studying sociology next year for the first time, it looks really interesting. Together with religious studies, and englih, and theatre studies. Meh, just stuff I enjoy. I'll get back to you on whether sociology is worth studying in september when I start the course 3nodding

Muaethia

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:05 pm
Hiya! I'm new here, if ya can't tell. o.o; So yes.. I'm an atheist whom belives christians accept ignorance, and I just can't do that, so I'm doing this to hunt for greater knowledge. Mmyess.. I'm Nergal, Nerg, or.. The Guy In The Suit. and I always do a spellcheck on atheist because I'm paranoid about how I spell it. o.O;  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:59 am
Hello! Obligatory intro post here. Though I am pretty much a big lurker. I'm an atheist, raised in a not-too-observantly Catholic home. I suppose I never really got into the whole religion thing, especially since we just went to church every once in a while, and it just wasn't part of daily life. I had more and more questions, and they didn't have sufficient enough answers. Why try to understand the world using God when we can understand it through proven means anyway?  

Pallas Athea

6,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Freebird4077

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:46 am
I'm mysterytrip, I'm 19, and I'm an agnostic atheist.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games