Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasy Roleplay Guild; All That And A Box Of Pocky!

Back to Guilds

Reply Immortal Thief Roleplay
Immortal Thief RP OOC Chat Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A people counter to see who is still comming on here....
  +1
View Results

Mikujin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:54 pm
Dark Slaine
Pirates are lame. They are rowdy, they have scurvy and there is nothing good or redeeming about them. There is no loyalty in a pirate at all. A ninja however keeps themselves constantly aware of their surroundings. They keep themselves fit as well. A nija would most likely take out a pirate with ease. Plus Katanas, shurikens and daggers are much better then cannons and guns.

Stereotyped / 10

I love how North-American stereotypes instantly make Pirates drunken sloths who know only a few things: booze, women, and guns. Not so.

You think Pirates became feared for being loud, boisterous, and blatanlty obvious while overtaking prey (ie. other ships). No. They attacked in the dead of night, when most other ship's crew would be sleeping. Stealthy. Essentially ninja's of the sea. And given the circumstances they were subjected to, and current knowledge, it's no surprise that Pirates came down with such illness as scurvy. Ninja, however, were not often subjected to long journeys away from supplies. They were meant to get in and out as quickly as possible.

Although I'm not denying the fact that there were often large-scale battles on open waters, I'm just saying it's easier to hide one stealthy person than a shipful of them.

Pirates, Ninjas of the sea. Therefore, Pirates > Ninjas.

Also, Ninjas never used Katanas, historically speaking. Katanas were commonly the TWO-HANDED weapon of choice for most Samurai. Ninjas did, however, use Shuriken (the stereotypical throwing star), and various dagger-form weapons. And given their career of choice, Ninja were not meant to stand and fight; if ever a large fight broke out, they were meant to flee, not fight. Dishonorable and cowardly, but as a trade aspect. Pirates, however, did not have such a luxury.

PS. Pirates of the Caribbean sucked. Hard. Disney for the loss. =(

PPS. I have no idea why I'm justifying the fact that pirates are way cooler.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:43 am
What happened here? Everyone always used to be a total numbskull in the OOC chat, now there are suddenly all this serious posts here.... not good.  

Lord Bean
Crew

Edaniel
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:44 am
YUS! *marries Miku* Someone else who thinks that POTC s*cks! And it so did too! It's just so boring and stupid and to make it worse I actually had to play through a whole world of that crap in Kingdom Hearts 2! I absolutely haaate Pirates of the Carribean! It's Johnny Depp's worst performance ever, next to the new Willy wonka, what the hell were they trying to do with that one, eh?

The original Charlie and the Chocolate factory was one of those movies to the ages, it was old and classic and we liked it that way! You can never beat out the old version! It's a beautiful movie! They were jsut kidding themselves with trying to make the new Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. Might I add that Johnny Depp looks downright creepy in that one. Like, in his rolls of Edward Scissor hands he touched me in a way that I could really feel for his character's pain, and in Corpse Bride as Victor I just LOVED his character! But it's really depressing how Johnny Dep has done some seriously crappy roles recently.

In the way of the poll, I vote for pirates. Not only have I liked them longer, but I tihkn they are a lot more fun to build stories around than ninjas. They weren't as dirty and boisterous as people think they were, I've read up on them, they were exciting people that knew how to fight and were master sailors. Not only that but there were plenty of female pirates too. Pirates are cool!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:46 am
Eh, it's just because I've launched the "Pirates or Ninjas" dillemma on them, it's a seriously long-standing question, and there seems to be no way around it. If you were to ask today's society of teens you'd probably get ninjas, but if you were to ask everyone in the developed countires of any age, you'd probably get pirates.  

Edaniel
Captain

Dark Slaine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:00 am
I had no that my statement would offend you Miku....

Personally, I could care less if ninjas are better than pirates or if pirates are better than ninja. I am fully aware that the statement I said was incorrect. However, there are truths to pirates being rowdy, not loyal, pretty much low lifes of the sea and overall pieces of crap. (That is my own opinion when reading about pirates.)

I'll assume your remark that you made was merely another joking remark towards my statement as my statement clearly points out that I was totally joking around. Though if you took my comment seriously, well I can only offer my appologizes to you for causing you anger.

End statement.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:03 am
*grabs miku in one arm and slaine in the other, holding them close together*

Ninjas... *looks at slaine* or Pirates... *looks at Miku* regardless of position, you both know you love each other. heart

Edaniel
Captain

Dark Slaine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:11 am

Like I said, I could care less about the subject at all.

Anyways, should I really be doing anything in the roleplay? It seems like there is nothing really that I can be doing right now.... I polished my sword, got my clothes reasonably dry. And now I'm just waiting.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:09 pm
Hey, if you're getting bored jsut get Shinobu to acknowledge your existance. I'm freaking out inside that I can't just levitate her downstairs to ya, she'd be going insane right now if she knew Haru were there, but she's all the wya upstairs.

In any case, don't question being in the roleplay jsut because of a few seconds of boredom, geez, that's weak. If you want to be a part of the roelplay you have to try to make them fit into a story. Or do like I do, I make the story revolve/involve my characters, so that there's no way I can be stuck in roleplay limbo.

Don't just sit there and complain, do something about it.

Edaniel
Captain

Mikujin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:41 pm
Pirates are very loyal. But only to themselves and their master. Yar! pirate

We totally need a Pirate roleplay. Hehehe.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:06 pm
I actually did a pirate rp before. It was made-ups wellcome, but it was a total flop.

Once I deal with the naruto rp, and... uhm... Cartoon Heroes, which is still a secret right now. >> <<

Then I'll probably look into it.

I just don't see why it must be me and Tsubasa who do the only rps around here. Why don't you guys show some initiative and make rps yourselves.

Edaniel
Captain

Dark Slaine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:12 pm
I'm sorry if it sounded like I was complaining, I was just curious if you wanted me to be somewhere else then where I am.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:25 am
Edaniel
I actually did a pirate rp before. It was made-ups wellcome, but it was a total flop.

Once I deal with the naruto rp, and... uhm... Cartoon Heroes, which is still a secret right now. >> <<

Then I'll probably look into it.

I just don't see why it must be me and Tsubasa who do the only rps around here. Why don't you guys show some initiative and make rps yourselves.

Because I was totally unawares that you'd let me do stuff like that!

I mean, the only RPs floating around here have been ones you guys have made (And hey, I'm not complaing). I would definitely give you a hand making any in the future, if you'd like.

Heck, I mean, I once tried to start an RP with a freakin' sweet plot and everything. I used the first 9 or 10 pages for all stuff concerning the RP (Bigass history, descriptions of landscape, etc.), and posted for only literate roleplayers with made-up characters. I got like... 3 repsonses for all my effort, and that made me really sad. sad

But yes! Help with making them Kuji shall. And good at making them Kuji is.

PS. I like post sentences.

PPS. Kuji is what two particular friends like to call me. Miku, Kuji, Mikujin, and the infamous Kaptain Kalamari are all now my alias'. Just pick one.  

Mikujin

Edaniel
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:28 pm
HAY! I've been using the name Kuji a lot longer than you have! When I was 12 I like the name Kuji, I thought it sounded funny, so I ised it for an inuyasha character, which was a sarcastic talking pet snake of a deamon slayer much like Sango named Intou. Since then I've use the name for many other made-ups but I still use Kuji.

The newest is a naruto made-up for team 13, my team, he's actually the leader of the team. The immortal plant, Khuji.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:00 pm
Names I often use for made-up characters;

Clasko; Naruto/Full Metal Alchemist
Akk; Inuyasha
Kuji/Khuji; Spirted away, Inuyasha, Naruto
Tayoe; Inuyasha
Haima; Inuyasha
Fo-Xuu; Inuyasha
Dredril 0/X/X1/XXX/XXXX/XVII/XXVI/and many other such combinations; Naruto, Kingdom Hearts
Ferah; Inuyasha [YUS FERAH! She actually had an attitude!!]
No Name Needed/NNN; Inuyasha
Misa-Kei; Naruto
Hakura; Dragon Ball Z
Riko; Inuyasha
Nanaoi; Inuyasha
CFRX; Kingdom Hearts, Naruto
Beramodei [name from Hyung-Tai Kyn's games, just hot copy]; Kingdom Hearts
Dart Mcoy; Naruto, Kingdom Hearts
Sakana; Naruto
Yul; Immortal Thief, Naruto
Vallhalla; Kingdom Hearts, .hack//SIGN
Khii; Inuyasha
Alyssa; FFX/Kingdom Hearts
Yoshe; FFX/Kingdom Hearts
Duo; FFX/Kingdom Hearts
Moira; Full Metal Alchemist
Mim; One Piece
Mac; One Piece
Uncle Terrence; One Piece
Yosuko; Shaman King
And probably even more man...

Edaniel
Captain

TaikuNiwa

700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:53 pm
Hey guys, as said before, I'm sorry for being gone so long, I've been dealing with college and finals. I will be a little more active.

Edaniel: When are we going to start that Naruto RP and am I still roleplaying as Sasuke?

Immortal Thief Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games