Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chichok1080

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:47 pm
Vash Thompson
Well there's a couple of problems. Capcom wouldn't dish out the money for multiple club type things. Maybe one, but one isn't enough. As it'd displease fans who wouldn't be able to go. And even still, it'd have to be in a highly populated area of Resident Evil fans.

Would you honestly spend over $1000 just to go to a small club because it has to do with RE? It'd be a waste of money on both parts.

I can see where you're going with this but just....ooone thing I disagree with. Why the heck would it cost over $1000 just to go into this club? neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:24 pm
Think about it, Capcom won't dish out thousands of dollars, possibly millions to put multiple RE clubs around the world. Meaning there would be one, maybe two. At most there'd be three. And they'd be spread out among several hundred miles. Plane Tickets, especially for a round trip can cost into the hundreds, and then there's for a hotel/motel, and then there's for renting a vehicle or for cab fare. And plus for the food itself. Not to mention it'd probably have alittle gift shop type thing.
It all adds up. All for one little club/restaurant type thing.  

Elliot Salem

The Perfect situation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:22 am
La Duchesse
The Perfect situation
I love your signature Resident Isaka!!
That was one of the BEST games ever!

Which one? This signature is always changing and I don't know which image you saw. (I'm Resident Isaka's mule btw)

Well i originally was talking about eternal darkness but now that ive had a chance to see them all their all awesome.
Kudos.lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:39 am
Vash Thompson
Think about it, Capcom won't dish out thousands of dollars, possibly millions to put multiple RE clubs around the world. Meaning there would be one, maybe two. At most there'd be three. And they'd be spread out among several hundred miles. Plane Tickets, especially for a round trip can cost into the hundreds, and then there's for a hotel/motel, and then there's for renting a vehicle or for cab fare. And plus for the food itself. Not to mention it'd probably have alittle gift shop type thing.

Well just to counter, you do realize that a good chunk of stuff that's created/born in Japan practically STAYS in Japan, this includes a lot of games (lol, importing).

Who said Capcom has to go beyond Japan for awhile? And you're speaking in terms of going to a place JUST for a club. Assuming it's on Japan only, virtually no one goes to Japan just for one club. Hell I'm becoming a tourist if I go xd

That said, if the club existed and I happened to be taking a vaction in Japan at the time, THAT'S when I'll go. So obviously it's feasable for me to be spending thousands because it's in an actual vacation trip. But Capcom isn't dumb enough to charge over $1000 just so you can jam in a RE Club for one night. $500 maybe, but $1000 JUST to get in? C'mon now.

And like I said before, you don't have to have fans of RE just to get people to join in the club. It's also inviting to per say goths for example.

And back when Resident Evil 2 was first around, Capcom did make a haunted mansion filled with zombies for awhile (Japan only). If they can do something as big a scale as that, why not a club?  

Chichok1080

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:09 am
It would be more money efficient if they struck a deal with some of the major theme parks of America such as Six Flags, Universal, Wonderland, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:32 am
It's possible that that would bring in money. Tomb Raider has a ride at Kings Dominion in Virginia. I've been on it, it was pretty fun xd .

They would be better off sticking to one park to draw attention to it, such as Six Flags New England, for example. They'd make more money that way.

As far as Universal goes, they're making an entire theme park dedicated to the Harry Potter series.. Overkill, much?  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Chichok1080

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:28 pm
NotteRequiem
As far as Universal goes, they're making an entire theme park dedicated to the Harry Potter series.. Overkill, much?

Do you realize how big that fanbase is?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:49 pm
Yes, I am very much aware. I was only using it as an example.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:28 pm
Father Knows Best i

Do you realize how big that fanbase is?

It's not like majority of people in the world like Harry Potter. Yes, there's a big fan base, but there's an even bigger amount of people who probably don't care that much about Potter. Personally, knowing that, I won't be visiting THAT park for sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:57 pm
Father Knows Best i
Vash Thompson

Well just to counter, you do realize that a good chunk of stuff that's created/born in Japan practically STAYS in Japan, this includes a lot of games (lol, importing).

Who said Capcom has to go beyond Japan for awhile? And you're speaking in terms of going to a place JUST for a club. Assuming it's on Japan only, virtually no one goes to Japan just for one club. Hell I'm becoming a tourist if I go xd

That said, if the club existed and I happened to be taking a vaction in Japan at the time, THAT'S when I'll go. So obviously it's feasable for me to be spending thousands because it's in an actual vacation trip. But Capcom isn't dumb enough to charge over $1000 just so you can jam in a RE Club for one night. $500 maybe, but $1000 JUST to get in? C'mon now.

And like I said before, you don't have to have fans of RE just to get people to join in the club. It's also inviting to per say goths for example.

And back when Resident Evil 2 was first around, Capcom did make a haunted mansion filled with zombies for awhile (Japan only). If they can do something as big a scale as that, why not a club?

You misunderstood me. I was talking about the plane trip to where the club is, and other stuff you'd want to get while you were where ever the club is.
A haunted mansion is nothing compared to a club/restaurant. It's alot bigger than a haunted mansion.
As for stuff staying in Japan, you are mistaken. Every Anime out in Japan (or close to every) is being dubbed into English. Importing only has it in it's original language.
There may be touristic areas in Japan, but that cost money and you have to be able to atleast translate into Japanese so you don't get lost.  

Elliot Salem

miabyte

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:11 pm
Well guys it finally happened, after almost two years of tending to my Grunny Plushie petition there are finally Grunnies as a wearable item.

On an RE related note I just bought the last S.D. Perry book I needed; Nemesis. Oh and the zombie survival guide...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:46 pm
Congrats. :]] I;m not sure if you guys have went over this already..sorry if you did. But there IS a Resident Evil attraction in Japan. A haunted House ride similar looking to the Spencer Estate. I read it a while ago in a Japanese magazine.

EDIT: Found a link. :]]

Little Freaky Girl

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:00 pm
Ooh... Nice!

So, who wants to take me to Japan? Any takers? Did I mention I can cook and give one hell of a back rub?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:01 pm
Is your back rub worth 500 bucks? surprised  

Little Freaky Girl

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:06 pm
Maybe not, but my meatballs and homemade pasta is, not to mention my a**-kicking marinara sauce.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games