Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:38 pm
WWI started because there were huge military alliances and they involved the powers in the world at the time. Such alliances don't really exist anymore, because the structure of the world is changed.

And Longbow...

Wait, what? You called Canadians Americans because of a technicallity, yet protest when I call the English Europeans because of a technicallity? Then you bring borders into this.

...you lost me. sweatdrop

I'm probably just being stupid tonight.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:38 pm
Longbow UK
I hope a war doesn't come of it. neutral If it did happen I can see America taking full advantage of the situation to expand their control over the middle-east. *sigh*

A third world war is highly unlikely though. Not in this day and age of push-button warfare.
I think so too. Well hopefully they can resolve it in a civilized manner. There's always that fear of nuclear warfare though. It might not seem liek such a significant event but you'd understand how serious it is considering how much he was loved by the people. He built schools, organizations, and charities and was like family to alot of people. Oh well I don't want to worry you all so I'll end it here.  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:43 pm
Falathrim
WWI started because there were huge military alliances and they involved the powers in the world at the time. Such alliances don't really exist anymore, because the structure of the world is changed.

And Longbow...

Wait, what? You called Canadians Americans because of a technicallity, yet protest when I call the English Europeans because of a technicallity? Then you bring borders into this.

As I keep saying, I am not protesting against the fact that England is part of Europe. I was just making the point that there are no natural boundaries seperating Canada from the USA. Unlike England and Europe were there is water.

...I don't know, I give up. I've lost myself. xd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:46 pm
Longbow UK
Falathrim

And Longbow...

As I keep saying, I am not protesting against the fact that England is part of Europe. I was just making the point that there are no natural boundaries seperating Canada from the USA. Unlike England and Europe were there is water.

What about the 49th Lattitude?  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:49 pm
SYFFER
Longbow UK
Falathrim

And Longbow...

The what...? xd Now you have lost me. I'm useless at Geography. I can however tell you that you've spelled 'lattitude' wrong. It should be latitude.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:50 pm
It's the 49th Parallel, which is a measure of longitude, not latitude. It's also not a natural boundary, as latitude is an invention of mankind.

Okay, Longbow, I get your point. I guess I was just being stupid or something.

EDIT: The 49th Parallel would be the boundary between the US and Canada.

EDIT 2: I got them mixed up. Hence the strikethrough. Wow, I AM being stupid tonight.  

Falathrim

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:51 pm
Longbow UK
SYFFER
Longbow UK
Falathrim

And Longbow...

The what...? xd Now you have lost me. I'm useless at Geography. I can however tell you that you've spelled 'lattitude' wrong. It should be latitude.
the 49th LATITUDE 3nodding is the geographical latitude line on the planet that divides the US and Canada. I think it runs through Britain too.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:52 pm
Falathrim
It's the 49th Parallel, which is a measure of longitude, not latitude. It's also not a natural boundary, as latitude is an invention of mankind.

oops my bad sweatdrop I keep getting the two mixed up  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:53 pm
As Falathrim said, it's still not natural unlike that water that seperates England from the rest of Europe. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:53 pm
See, if there were no boundaries, and you walked into Canada from the US, you would know the difference. Because you would start seeing an abundance of Tim Hortons' as well as signs in Kilometres and colour spelt properly with a u xp As well as other things xd  

Zurgi

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:55 pm
Zurgi
See, if there were no boundaries, and you walked into Canada from the US, you would know the difference. Because you would start seeing an abundance of Tim Hortons' as well as signs in Kilometres and colour spelt properly with a u xp As well as other things xd

Still, nothing natural though.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:56 pm
SYFFER
Falathrim

No, you were right. I got them mixed up, as can be seen in my Not-Quite-So Ninja edit. sweatdrop  

Falathrim

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:56 pm
Longbow UK
As Falathrim said, it's still not natural unlike that water that seperates England from the rest of Europe. wink
Hehe well millions of years ago, the Earth was one big continent with no boundaries. Got you there wink  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:57 pm
Falathrim
SYFFER
Falathrim

No, you were right. I got them mixed up, as can be seen in my Not-Quite-So Ninja edit. sweatdrop
lol you had my judging my Geography skills xd My social teacher would kill me.  

SYFFER

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:58 pm
Billions of years ago there was no earth.

Making statements about the present by looking at the past doesn't quite work. wink  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games