Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25049 25050 25051 25052 25053 25054 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:53 am

I guess I've only posted pictures of me twice in the PYP thread, and the only time my face was that visible was with the Legend of Zelda shirt.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 am

Who has 2 thumbs and loves hot springs?

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Jackolantirn
Skaeryll
The game ain't nearly as amazing as you guys say... It gave my hands cramps after like 30 minutes cause of it's stupid controls.

I wonder whether it is that the controls are stupid, or that the controls are just foreign to us. It is definitely not like almost all the other shooter games out there... We can't just mindlessly pick up Kid Icarus and automatically feel comfortable... something like that

You nailed it, whoever you are.

Because KI's not just a shooter (it is, in fact, more comparable to Devil May Cry or God of War), it can't have the typical, slow controls that most shooters have. And because it didn't go with a lock-on system like Devil May Cry and God of War have, it needed a reticle that was both fast to turn AND accurate. I think this game accomplished that well.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:19 pm

The Eleventh AK
I've more or less gotten used to the controls, though it does get pretty uncomfortable after a while. I don't think that's enough to devalue everything else the game has going for it though.

It'd kind of be like devaluing Portal 2 because using the mouse makes your wrist sore after a while. Or a fighting game because the dpad gave your fingers sores. It's just stuff inherent to gaming, if you ask me.

Waynebrizzle

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:34 pm

I like how Matthew and I were crossdressing... again
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:07 pm

The Eleventh AK
Who has 2 thumbs and loves hot springs?
EVERYBODY WITH TWO THUMBS!!!

I thought the dialog was super corny at first, but it grew on me.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm

I thought Pit was supposed to be a pretty boy that would have a million fangirls at first but he just seems like a cute little kid to me. I also thought the same thing about the dialogue as Kegan.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Jaycorn
I thought Pit was supposed to be a pretty boy that would have a million fangirls.

Oh, he will. Just look at Sora.

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Waynebrizzle
The Eleventh AK
I've more or less gotten used to the controls, though it does get pretty uncomfortable after a while. I don't think that's enough to devalue everything else the game has going for it though.

It'd kind of be like devaluing Portal 2 because using the mouse makes your wrist sore after a while. Or a fighting game because the dpad gave your fingers sores. It's just stuff inherent to gaming, if you ask me.

Except not because using a mouse in Portal has never made my wrist sore (and fighting games are just dumb anyways)

I do think it's a problem, but not a big enough one to ruin the game for me.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Waynebrizzle
Jaycorn
I thought Pit was supposed to be a pretty boy that would have a million fangirls.

Oh, he will. Just look at Sora.
I think she meant more that he'd have fans in the game.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 pm

The Eleventh AK
Waynebrizzle
The Eleventh AK

Except not because using a mouse in Portal has never made my wrist sore (and fighting games are just dumb anyways)

That's because you're used to using a mouse. I'm used to controlling DS games with the stylus like this and I never get uncomfortable. People DO get uncomfortable using mice, and sometimes it even leads to carpal tunnel.

@Kegan: I dunno if that's what she meant because no game really does that.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Waynebrizzle
The Eleventh AK
Waynebrizzle
The Eleventh AK

That's because you're used to using a mouse. I'm used to controlling DS games with the stylus like this and I never get uncomfortable. People DO get uncomfortable using mice, and sometimes it even leads to carpal tunnel.

@Kegan: I dunno if that's what she meant because no game really does that.
The base of my right palm gets sore after prolonged PC gaming, I think that portal 2 was actually the last game I played that much.... Maybe I did for Skyrim.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 pm

i woulda done more skyrim if my desktop met the min reqs. same for sonic generations... it wont even let me run it on my desktop... it starts to run and then waynes face comes up and goes NNNNNNO! and it closes.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:52 pm

[Kegan]
I thought the dialog was super corny at first, but it grew on me.

The dialogue... is... amazing, zomg.
Viridi in Chapter 19 made my head explode: http://youtu.be/oQykFiULXAU?t=7m19s

Jackolantirn

Newbie Noob

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:55 am

Oh, I've played a few games where characters had fangirls in-game, but yeah I meant IRL. xD
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25049 25050 25051 25052 25053 25054 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games