Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25057 25058 25059 25060 25061 25062 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Waynebrizzle
Nomega
Sometimes things happen in social lives that we can't really talk about with other friends because it would make things weird, so I'm just gonna post it here. Not looking for advice or anything really, just want to get it off my chest.

So I like my best friend as more than a friend. We get along fantastically and she's the hottest girl I know. She also has a boyfriend.

Yesterday pretty much out of nowhere, we got to second base. It's not a one time thing, either. She's coming over again tomorrow.

She basically told me straight up that she would have had sex with me if she hadn't been on her period. She's told me recently that she would date me, so I'm probably going to tell her that I'll only ******** her if she leaves her boyfriend for me. I'm a virgin after all and I at least have the class to not want to lose it to someone who's cheating.

Somewhat unrelated, I got high for the first time yesterday with her. Nitros. Holy s**t.

I get that we're both bad people and that if she dates me I'll have to worry about her cheating on me, but her boyfriend is actually schizophrenic and borderline abusive, so I've convinced (disillusioned?) myself that it isn't too much of a problem.

Someone will probably be like "UGH TEENAGE DRAMA" but it's not like it's eating away at me or anything. Just sort of an interesting turn of events that I couldn't share with anyone but you guys.

I think, that in that scenario, you're doing a pretty good thing by at least making her break up with her boyfriend first. That'd be ******** up if you did it with her while she was dating him.

But yeah, you're probably going to be in constant fear of her cheating on you if you date her. Who knows, maybe that's why her current boyfriend's the way he is.

Well I don't think she drove him to insanity. He's the kind of guy that's selfish and spiteful if he doesn't get what he wants. Her choice in boyfriends has been pretty bad across the board.

I'm comforted by the knowledge that I'm the exact opposite of her boyfriend. No mental issues, no anxiety or paranoia. I'm just different enough for her to like me, but for me to be a real, caring boyfriend.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Who knows if I'm right?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Not Waynebrizzle. That's for sure.

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:48 pm

I wish girls would show interest in me emo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:53 pm

I wish more people in general would.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Kegan swings both ways
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:24 pm

lmao I was actually about to say that

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:47 pm

gah i go to work for 2 hours and miss being active in the best convo in awhile. @_@
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Xilo The Odd
gah i go to work for 2 hours and miss being active in the best convo in awhile. @_@
If you've got something to add then go right ahead. I'm open to post-commentary. xd

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:23 pm

well then i'll be one to say, the only people that would defend the drugs they are using are addicts. or hippies. that said the only substance i've ever taken issue with is crystal meth. the process of making it, and the end result product are nothing but death. myself i have yet to do anything drug related cept hang around other users. i'm sure even my parents do nitrous time to time. i know they do weed cause i've found it. but the best part, we are still a happy family. however far it goes hopefully yours gets to be as cool as mine, if not cooler b-^_^
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Yay 2 days off!

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Dragging this over here, because I want to address it without derailing the other thread.

Nomega
And I mean gaming, like emulating NES, SNES, N64, GB, and GBA. Not that Angry Birds nonsense.

Why is the gaming community so insistent on separating "casual" and "hardcore" games, and making this big deal about how only the latter actually counts? Angry Birds and similar games have an audience that includes people who otherwise don't play a lot of video games. So what? It gets people more interested in video games, more people enjoying games means fewer people trying to paint the medium as dangerous, and some of these games are plenty of fun in their own right. Someone else enjoying a "casual game" doesn't lessen the artistic merit of the medium or ruin your favorite games. Not liking a game is fine, but my hating Kid Icarus doesn't make it less of a video game.

The gaming community made a big deal about how we wanted mainstream acceptance and our hobby to be legitimized. Now that we've gotten it, the response is that they aren't "real" gamers/games and to exclude them? Come on.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:54 pm

I mostly said that because people would jump all over me if I just made the blanket statement "My phone is a better gaming system than the 3DS."

I think it would be very hard to argue that iPhone or Android have a better game library than any of those systems. I feel like mobile games are lacking the heart that video games should have. If Angry birds is the cream of the crop, then I'm not impressed.

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Most mobile games you just play for a few minutes as a quick distraction, whereas games on gaming portables I feel are maybe more engaging?
and liek they have actual stories and stuff

It all depends on what you value more, cheap distractions between errands or full-fledged experiences you can take with you on the go.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:12 am

The Eleventh AK
Kegan swings both ways
Kinda!

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:17 am

It's not that mobile games are casual, it's that they tend to be of shitty quality compared to console games.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25057 25058 25059 25060 25061 25062 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games