Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25130 25131 25132 25133 25134 25135 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 am

Jaycorn
[Kegan]
There's a FF tactics game on the DS, if that counts. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

When I played that, it was a lot of fun at first but then suddenly all of the missions took a giant jump in levels, so there was like no way I could have done anything without grinding forever. :/
You are encouraged to take on side quests. There are flavors for all tastes.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:18 am

Jaycorn
[Kegan]

When I played that, it was a lot of fun at first but then suddenly all of the missions took a giant jump in levels, so there was like no way I could have done anything without grinding forever. :/
imagine trying to get the very end of the one for GBA, all 300 missions have to be completed, and they change almost at random each in game month (30 moves)

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm

The Eleventh AK
Popped in NPC Pikmin again out of nostalgia

started a new game

made a bunch of pikmin

gathered them all before the end of the night

the next day i inexplicably only had like 6 of each color

I wanted to get back into it... CAN'T SAY I DIDN'T TRY
That is really weird. You should give it another try, though! D:

How long is a day in that game? Fifteen minutes? That would be a real b***h, then. And does it control pretty well with the Wiimote and nunchuk? I'm worried for the Wii U one just because it doesn't have the c-stick trumpet to have the Pikmin swarm or move. Do the NPC games?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:16 pm

I need to try to get into it, too. It's just so frustrating! I'll spam like 50 red pikmin at the big baddies from behind and a bunch will get eaten and I dunno how to prevent that! They die at like everything and then I have to start over >_<

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK

started a new game

made a bunch of pikmin

How long is a day in that game? Fifteen minutes? That would be a real b***h, then. And does it control pretty well with the Wiimote and nunchuk? I'm worried for the Wii U one just because it doesn't have the c-stick trumpet to have the Pikmin swarm or move. Do the NPC games?

Oh, the controls are great. And if I remember correctly you control where your pikmin are by holding down on the d-pad and then they follow the pointer.

I just ******** HATE the 30 day bullshit. So gay.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:56 pm

Could you not control the direction of the pikmin swarm with the second analog stick?

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:40 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Jaycorn
I need to try to get into it, too. It's just so frustrating! I'll spam like 50 red pikmin at the big baddies from behind and a bunch will get eaten and I dunno how to prevent that! They die at like everything and then I have to start over >_<

Pikmin 2 gives you a few options: purple pikmin are heavy and can stun enemies, white pikmin are poisonous and will damage any enemy that eats them, and ultra-bitter sprays temporarily petrify any enemies in range.

I haven't played Pikmin in a while, but I remember a lot of fights boiling down to either figuring out and exploiting the enemies' fight pattern (like avoiding the snagret when it burrows up quickly and swarming it when it takes a few seconds to get its head above ground) or using something nearby (bomb rocks).

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK

started a new game

made a bunch of pikmin

my money is they'll have various control options. they may even have the touch screen usable to rally pikmin into formation.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Jaycorn
[Kegan]

Level jump, yeah, but it's also very unbalanced in that your main characters can just faceroll almost anything.

Allegro

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_6PJpcBh7mU

The crossbow looks like it'll be very useful in outdoor areas.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:45 pm

The Runaway Five has six people. D: s**t game

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:49 pm

[Kegan]
Could you not control the direction of the pikmin swarm with the second analog stick?
Not at E3, apparently.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Jaycorn
The Runaway Five has six people. D: s**t game

It's a quirky name.

Waynebrizzle

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Meta_Fish
[Kegan]
Not at E3, apparently.
it was prolly camera control. i imagine the D-pad or touch screen will be used for that.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25130 25131 25132 25133 25134 25135 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games