Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25147 25148 25149 25150 25151 25152 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:32 pm

The point of having a bigger screen is usually also a better resolution. The 3DS games aren't going to have less pixels per inch, and less picture clarity. I doubt they'll give it a higher resolution screen, so even if developers were to develop with the 3DS XL in mind (Which in reality, wouldn't make any sense, because as I said, everything will be identical, but upscaled) the games couldn't really make use of the "enhanced" screen real-estate. except maybe in the case of the touch screen. Maybe.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I have a genuine worry that what I just said made no sense.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:54 pm

[Kegan]
*awesome keyboard+guitar*

He says, "why do you fight? How can you say you know what's right?
What if we win? What if we fall? Does any choice we make matter at all?"
=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Phones are so god damn big now. Like I almost went for something cheaper than the iPhone, but decided against it because I wanted ROOM IN MY GOD DAMN POCKETS

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Waynebrizzle
The redesign was sooner than I expected. I like the bigger screens and battery life, but the size difference makes me weary about picking it up. I've seen the DSi XL. They're actually pretty hefty.

At least now all those people bitching about a redesign have no excuse not to buy a 3DS.
I don't know if it really constitutes as a redesign, does it? It's not really inherently better or worse than the current model, like the iXL was to the i. The 3DS isn't inferior to it in any way other than slightly shorter battery life and smaller SD card.

I don't get how you can feel betrayed, Nomega. Does an XL version of the 3DS really make you feel betrayed? Did you get a DSi and then feel betrayed by the DSiXL?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:58 pm

The Eleventh AK
Phones are so god damn big now. Like I almost went for something cheaper than the iPhone, but decided against it because I wanted ROOM IN MY GOD DAMN POCKETS
My phone is fairly big; bigger than the iPhone, but honestly it's never been an issue. I don't put other junk in my pocket with my phone, since I don't want it to get scratched.

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Waynebrizzle
Let's be real: The Circle Pad Pro is not a necessity. I've played two games that are compatible with it (Revelations and MGS3) without it and had no issues whatsoever. Revelations was, in fact, made to play without it. I bet I could play Monster Hunter without it as well, granted Capcom learns how to utilize the touch screen right.

The Kingdom Hearts game also didn't feel lacking at all.

I mean, it is weird that the redesign doesn't include it, but I can't really blame Nintendo for not including support for a peripheral that's not used for 90% of the console's library either. It would also encourage devs to start making CPP support mandatory, which will alienate original 3DS owners.
It IS good that they aren't alienating 3DS owners by making a second circle pad mandatory, but 3DS games would thrive more strongly if one was adapted because third parties are used to that setup.

And left handed people that play Kid Icarus Uprising niggershitdick
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Jaycorn
That pretty much guarantees AC3DS for next year, right? Also Kirby Pinball instead of Dream Land 2. crying
I think AC is confirmed for EU next year, but Japan gets it this one. Since there's no word on a NA release, I'm just going to assume it will launch sometime next year, maybe late winter or early spring. GAY

And seriously, where is Dream Land 2? oh duh koiby pinbawl

Stefanopoulos
Soooo, Meta_Fish is still here, I guess it is his show after all...
YEP

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:05 pm

pfff who cares about Kirby Dumbland

WARIO LAND
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:06 pm

I AM glad we're getting that. Dreamland 2 is just one of the only Kirby games I've never played.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:07 pm

OMG MEET THE PYRO IS COMING SOON
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylc8A3JYMic

Maaaan I played the s**t out of this when I was little.

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:10 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:12 pm

o boy more tf2

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:20 pm

shut up those videos are really good ;_;

And you gotta watch them before they can get ruined for you.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25147 25148 25149 25150 25151 25152 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games