Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Cobalt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:19 pm
*gives Skreemer a cookie*

I love spring break. :3 *gluggles everybody*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:17 pm
COBALT!!! *Super-ultra-mega-giga-atomic gluggle of dooooooooooooooom*  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Cobalt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 pm
Ack! I'm dooooooooooooooomed! XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:59 pm
COBALT!!!!!!!! *POUNCES*  

Gale OverDrive

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:00 pm
Sorry for the absence guys. Classes have been killing me.

I'm supposed to make an automatic cheese grater for my engineering class. It has to be made purely out of recycled materials and can only use 'green' energy sources such as wind, sun and water.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:03 pm
Oof! Man, I'm popular today. :3 I feel luffed! *counter-pounces GOD*

Haha, CHEEEEESE! Is it supposed to be just a design on paper, or a real hand-held object? Cause it would be awesome if the cheese grater was, like, bigger than a house. Just cause.  

Cobalt

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:15 pm
*tech-counter-pounces Cobalt*

We're supposed to design it first, then create a real working model. I wish it could be big as a house, but our limits include a volume of 75x75x75cm and not more than 20kg, which I think is around 50 pounds, give or take.

How's the teaching going?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:20 pm
Awww. Reality is overrated.

*side-steps* XD

Teaching is... um, still going. Looking for another job. stare  

Cobalt

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 pm
Ehhh? Why? Teaching . . . what was it? Music? Not really working out for you?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:04 pm
i recommend solar energy google it there is a company that has all solar cells and such and can help with your making of it  

AlwynRowanwind

Cobalt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:12 pm
I like teaching, but my students aren't nearly so enthused, and it makes it difficult. I'm the fourth teacher they've had in as many years, and they're through. It makes me sad, but I can't reach them. Being a first year teacher is hard, and I know that, but I think I need a fresh start somewhere else next year to see if I like teaching enough to keep at it. Right now, it's not looking like something I want to continue, but I know I need to try again somewhere better. *shrug*

And yes, I teach chorus.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:48 am
*uber-gluggles Alwyn and Cobalt* This new generation (as a whole, since the 90s) doesn't care about grades, reputation, or values anymore.

That sounds like a tough project, Gale.

Here in the RPR several of us have butted heads over the issue of religion in the past. These friendly discussions have been logical and kind. I falsely assumed that people on another forum would be just as logical. I was wrong, because a certain over-agressive and hypocritical member is being ever so annoying.
scream stressed evil  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:02 am
Well, we try to hold ourselves to a high standard of friendliness. I have done my best to keep this place from becoming elitist, but still the angry ones are generally filtered out. Discussions are welcome, but outright flaming is punishable by the Mod Team and Myself.

I am sorry that you had to deal with that Yoder. crying

*reading about GOD and Cobalt's problems with education* Suddenly my classes don't seem so bad . . .  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:06 am
*pats Yoder* yeah, Religion is a touchy subject for some people, not everyone is opened minded or understanding.

Cobalt, I want to be in your chorus class XD Depending on what your singing anyway....and how old the kids are....But I know how the whole music teacher after music teacher thing goes.....it gets to be a pain after awhile and the students just get really sick of it. Especially if they might have LIKED the previous teacher.

And Gale...um.....Good luck???? sweatdrop  

The Many Voices

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:36 am
Magni Prime
Well, we try to hold ourselves to a high standard of friendliness. I have done my best to keep this place from becoming elitist, but still the angry ones are generally filtered out. Discussions are welcome, but outright flaming is punishable by the Mod Team and Myself.

*gluggles Magni* The Refuge is definitely a friendly place. I guess I got a little too used to the level of maturity/restraint we all possess here. xp  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games