Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Cobalt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:17 am
The RPR is totally friendly to everybody. That's the way I like it. :3

I think most of my problems are due to my location. I'm in the second-poorest county in the state, and kids coming from poor families tend not to value education as much, because their parents often don't have much education. Many of our students' parents don't have high school diplomas, even. And poor kids tend to think education can't do much for them, especially if they're having trouble, so they quit early. Why do so many hard things for a high school diploma if your father sells drugs and makes $9000 a month? (Yes, one my students told me this. How could I argue?)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:33 am
Wow....O_O;;

That is a tough position to be in...I mean...jeez O_O....

But, if they are in Chorus, don't they CHOOSE to be there?? Or are you at a school where it is mandatory? Cuz I know at the high school I went to we had to ask for chorus it wasn't an automatic thing so people who were singing wanted to sing and we had a good time....not to mention our chorus teacher was awesome and old cuz she had been at the school for freakin like.....20+ years O_o.

What are you teaching the kids to sing??  

The Many Voices

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cobalt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:39 am
About half of my students wanted to be there at the beginning of the year, and about half were put there for lack of anywhere else they could be. Classes were full, or schedule didn't work out, or something. Sigh. I hate, hate, hate block scheduling. No 14-year-old has the attention span for a 90-minute class.

I teach a variety of music, from popular to jazz to spirituals to Mozart. I would like to do less of the first type (I'm supposed to teach them about things they don't already know!), but I know I need to hook them in somehow.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:54 am
I <3 block scheduling....if I got a 90 minute chorus class I would be the happiest girl in the world XD but I can understand how most wouldn't want a 90 minute chorus class, just like most kids wouldn't want a 90 minute gym class!

I'm just wondering how you teach them Mozart when I thought his music didn't have any words.....unless you just do the sounds and stuff A Capella style or something (which I always found difficult, I couldn't associate the symbol with the noise I just listened to how everyone else was doing it O_o; )  

The Many Voices

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:20 am
Welcome back Cobalt <3

Damn, three evenings in a row now I've turned down my friends offers of doing something fun because of school or work. Unforgivable! Now I feel like an unsocial lazyass D:

*tries to massage own shoulders after 10h of work while doing lab raports* ;___;  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:00 pm
Tana loves life.

I might be able to rummage around some posts tomorrow as I'll have a relatively free day to do whatever I want, so I might even be online for more than four seconds of the day without having to work.

Though I'm not quite so sure I'll know what to do in Shin'o, but I'll figure it out soon enough (I hope).

Hope everyone is doing well!

Tanakietsu

Trowa The Fearless

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:54 pm
I missed Cobalt? Noooooo!!!! *sulks*

*gluggles Tana, Mou, Waya, Gale, Snowman, and Talon after a while*

EDIT: I think I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to post in Shin'o. Everything I type to-day sucks.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:16 pm
awww T^T *gluggles Trowa and Tana* ^_^ I missed cha Tana!! biggrin  

The Many Voices

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cobalt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:09 pm
Haha, Mozart wrote a lot of choral music, too. <3

Tana! *gluggle*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:26 pm
*gluggles Cobalt* You might argue by pointing out legality. wink

*gluggles Mou* Mou is always the life of the party, even when there isn't one!

*uber-gluggles Tana* So, it seems your lectrues are going well?

*gluggles Trowa and everybody else*  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:27 pm
*gluggles everyone with special snuggles for Tana and Cobalt*
Wow Cobalt I salute you in your endeavor to teach. I'm very intelligent (or at least like to think so, but I would NEVER consider teaching it's way too hard) Bravo though!

*helps Mou massage her shoulders* That's rough. Hang in there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:37 pm
*gluggles Eka, Snowman, Cobalt, and Waya*  

Trowa The Fearless

Merri Mala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm
I'm backkkk heart domokun heart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:28 pm
Cobalt
Haha, Mozart wrote a lot of choral music, too. <3

Tana! *gluggle*
ah, the requiems? *dies of ear-pleasure*
i sang lacrymosa at honor choir...*sighs* i love that song...so...beautiful...  

HephaestusOS

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:59 pm
goddammit. my MSN got hacked and now I lost contact with someone I actually liked. life sucks  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games