Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:24 pm
I've been having a whole hell of a lot of trouble with my skull trying to implode for the past few days...
In fact, I was sobbing just a couple night ago because my head hurt so bad, which was WAY fun.
Ah, anyway, my intentions aren't to whine, I just... I don't think I'll be around a whole lot if this keeps up, because computer use is a trigger for me, so I'll have to be seriously watching my access time. -3-;
Just, you know, didn't want anyone to worry or anything.
Anyway! MORGAN, I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON~!! *flails*
(But if you don't, I'm available to be your buddy in the misery of not-quite-good health. >>; )

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:27 pm
Oh Brandy!
My allergies are slightly better today.
I know what you're talking about; I've been waking up with headaches lately and I had a migraine so bad one day that I passed out on the couch for an hour.
I hope you feel better really soon!
-snuggles-  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:14 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Oh Brandy!
I know what you're talking about; I've been waking up with headaches lately and I had a migraine so bad one day that I passed out on the couch for an hour.
-snuggles-

Whoops, I was away when you posted, sorry I missed you!
I'm glad you're a bit better today, though~
I know allergies are an awful thing to suffer through, especially if you're a year-round sufferer...
(Spazzy is a year round sufferer and allergy meds are sodding expensive otc... So she generally puts up and shuts up 'cept 'round summer and spring when she is obliged to shell out some ten, twenty bucks a month because pollen allergies are so totally overrated. Also because no one wants to deal with grumpy, sick Spazzy, not even her own mum.)
With any luck, though, if I cut back on my time staring at my computer and playing games (as much as I am going to REALLY hate doing this, haha~) it ought to cut back on the time I spend suffering from headaches.
Though there will probably be no noticeable difference in my time spent in the guild 'cause I have no life. >>;

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:27 am
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Oh Brandy!
-snuggles-

I know allergies are an awful thing to suffer through, especially if you're a year-round sufferer...
(Spazzy is a year round sufferer and allergy meds are sodding expensive otc... So she generally puts up and shuts up 'cept 'round summer and spring when she is obliged to shell out some ten, twenty bucks a month because pollen allergies are so totally overrated. Also because no one wants to deal with grumpy, sick Spazzy, not even her own mum.)
With any luck, though, if I cut back on my time staring at my computer and playing games (as much as I am going to REALLY hate doing this, haha~) it ought to cut back on the time I spend suffering from headaches.
Though there will probably be no noticeable difference in my time spent in the guild 'cause I have no life. >>;

If you're looking for inexpensive allergy meds, go to BJ's. They have a huge selection of allergy meds for decent prices. And there are a lot of pills in the bottles so they last.
(trying not to sound like a dealer sweatdrop )
But yah, they're good and I'm telling you, buy the generic brand! They're cheeper and there is literally no difference at all except the price. I use them and they're great.
Turns out I might just have a bit of a cold.
But it will go away because I have dragons blood and I will mutilate whatever sickness I have inside of me.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:42 am
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Oh Brandy!
-snuggles-

If you're looking for inexpensive allergy meds, go to BJ's. They have a huge selection of allergy meds for decent prices. And there are a lot of pills in the bottles so they last.
But yah, they're good and I'm telling you, buy the generic brand! They're cheeper and there is literally no difference at all except the price. I use them and they're great.
But it will go away because I have dragons blood and I will mutilate whatever sickness I have inside of me.

I don't know what a "BJ's" is, so I'm guessing that's an area-specific thing.
I usually get my allergy meds at our local Family Dollar (for one, it's close, for two, even taking gas prices out of the equation, it's cheaper than anywhere else), though Kroger has a super selection of, well, everything, too, and at way better prices than stupid chains like Wal-Mart.
I only use generic stuff for EVERYTHING (broke people don't have the luxury of even a semblance of choice).
Even so, no-name brands are still stupid expensive.
Anyway, I'll be over here, on the sidelines, cheering on your immune system, willing you to get better quickly. cat_razz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:44 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Oh Brandy!
-snuggles-

I don't know what a "BJ's" is, so I'm guessing that's an area-specific thing.
I usually get my allergy meds at our local Family Dollar (for one, it's close, for two, even taking gas prices out of the equation, it's cheaper than anywhere else), though Kroger has a super selection of, well, everything, too, and at way better prices than stupid chains like Wal-Mart.
I only use generic stuff for EVERYTHING (broke people don't have the luxury of even a semblance of choice).
Even so, no-name brands are still stupid expensive.
Anyway, I'll be over here, on the sidelines, cheering on your immune system, willing you to get better quickly. cat_razz

Teehee, my immune system is okay and thanks you. smile
A BJ's is Berkley and Jensen. It's a membership store but nonmembers can still buy stuff there. It's in a warehouse and the people are nice and will help you find stuff.
Like I said, floor to ceiling medicine an entire isle. It is so worth it, I'm telling you. And the bottles have 300 pills in it and it cost like $18 and it lasts forever. It's the generic for Zyrtec.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:00 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
A BJ's is Berkley and Jensen. It's a membership store but nonmembers can still buy stuff there. It's in a warehouse and the people are nice and will help you find stuff.
Like I said, floor to ceiling medicine an entire isle. It is so worth it, I'm telling you. And the bottles have 300 pills in it and it cost like $18 and it lasts forever. It's the generic for Zyrtec.

Well, I'd never heard of it before now, and with good reason; there is exactly one within one hundred miles of me, and it's pretty much on the exact opposite end of the state from where I live.
Actually, I think there is exactly one in the whole state, and that's in North Canton, it'd take some two, three hours to get there from my home.
And would require going through Columbus.
Yeah, not happening. cat_xd
The active ingredient in Zyrtec hasn't done jack for me since I was, like, seven.
The active ingredient in Claritin does a half-assed job for me.
The active ingredients in Allegra-D used to be the ones that worked best for me, but it's one of the most expensive OTC.
I have a hard time finding stuff that works for me; I blame genetics, 'cause my mummy has the same problem.
I'll just stick to buying stuff locally, the price of gas to go to a big store is SO not worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:08 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Well, I'd never heard of it before now, and with good reason; there is exactly one within one hundred miles of me, and it's pretty much on the exact opposite end of the state from where I live.
Actually, I think there is exactly one in the whole state, and that's in North Canton, it'd take some two, three hours to get there from my home.
The active ingredient in Zyrtec hasn't done jack for me since I was, like, seven.
The active ingredients in Allegra-D used to be the ones that worked best for me, but it's one of the most expensive OTC.
I have a hard time finding stuff that works for me; I blame genetics, 'cause my mummy has the same problem.
I'll just stick to buying stuff locally, the price of gas to go to a big store is SO not worth it.

...I'm just reading your status and as I keep reading, I'm like smile ... sad ...:c...:C
I'm sorry Zyrtec doesn't do anything for you. Clraitin is a $20 placebo. Allegra-D works eh for me.
I hope you find something that works -hugs-
I'll be back later. Dinner. -hugs-  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:21 pm
We have a BJ's down here. And a Costco.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:01 pm
*doesn't know what a Costco is either*
SMALL TOWNS ARE COOL.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:03 pm
Merh!!! I'm bored... And I don't know what else to say lol. I'm always bored.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:08 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

...I'm just reading your status and as I keep reading, I'm like smile ... sad ...:c...:C
I'm sorry Zyrtec doesn't do anything for you. Clraitin is a $20 placebo. Allegra-D works eh for me.
I hope you find something that works -hugs-
I'll be back later. Dinner. -hugs-

Aw, sorry, didn't mean to make you sad.
I kinda sorta only update my status thingie infrequently. >>;
(Though the one I have now is recent... ish? )
I don't pay much attention to them and figure most people do the same, right?
Or am I wrong...? I don't know how most people work. >>;
And if it IS a placebo, it works better than zyrtec still. cat_neutral
Regardless, I go with whatever is cheapest because, well, that's the ONLY choice when you're poor. cat_xd

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:13 pm
My psychology professor was telling us an interesting thing about the placebo effect. There was this study conducted on people with the intent to find out the effectiveness of knee surgery. There were two groups--control and experimental-- people who had knee surgery, and people who didn't. Neither group was told whether they were receiving the surgery or not (You may have a ? going off, well you see, BOTH groups had their knee cut into or some such, but only one group actually had knee SURGERY. So you didn't know whether you had actually received it or not). Well, the results showed that people who had the knee surgery did not fare any better than the people who did not have the knee surgery. Or, if we switch it around, the people who did not have knee surgery felt like they were BETTER. This displays the power of the placebo effect, which is when you THINK you're taking or having something that is supposed to make you feel better, it actually does make you feel better.

My professor also told us about these people that were told their treatment would help them grow their hair back, even though it was not designed as such at all, and do you know something? They actually grew back hair and weren't bald anymore. The mind is a powerful thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 pm
I can wish something will work all I want, but it still won't work like it ought. cat_neutral

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:10 pm
Blind Blindness
My psychology professor was telling us an interesting thing about the placebo effect. There was this study conducted on people with the intent to find out the effectiveness of knee surgery. There were two groups--control and experimental-- people who had knee surgery, and people who didn't. Neither group was told whether they were receiving the surgery or not (You may have a ? going off, well you see, BOTH groups had their knee cut into or some such, but only one group actually had knee SURGERY. So you didn't know whether you had actually received it or not). Well, the results showed that people who had the knee surgery did not fare any better than the people who did not have the knee surgery. Or, if we switch it around, the people who did not have knee surgery felt like they were BETTER. This displays the power of the placebo effect, which is when you THINK you're taking or having something that is supposed to make you feel better, it actually does make you feel better.

My professor also told us about these people that were told their treatment would help them grow their hair back, even though it was not designed as such at all, and do you know something? They actually grew back hair and weren't bald anymore. The mind is a powerful thing.

Indeed it is. Very interesting how that all works. I think I remember watching a video in my 8th grade science class about stuff like that. Been too long though. How you doing captain?  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games