Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25254 25255 25256 25257 25258 25259 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Meta_Fish
Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK
I wish they would get a bit more original with it, but I'm still finding 2 to be pretty enjoyable. I don't find the difficulty to be "fake" at all.

All I really ask for are new power-ups and a bit more visually interesting levels (which looks to be the case in the Wii U version, that Van Gogh s**t in the trailer gives me boners).
2 is a bit of a disappointment, but I have to admit that it's still a lot of fun. It feels like they gave more thought to the level design since you do coin rush with them now, and I like that, but there's what, one new powerup? It's awesome, and I'm glad the raccoon suit is back, but you could have thrown in Yoshi, online play, stage creation, frog suit, kuribo's boot-anything more and it would have pleased me. I'd rather the next Mario game be a console-esque one, ala 64, Sunshine, Galaxy or Super Mario 3D Land.

OR A PIXEL SIDE SCROLLER
oh man, a brand new pixel side scroller, with teh SMW mechanics would fly off the shelves so fast it wouldn't even be funny.
Even being able to change the visual style of a game at the pause menu would be neat. Halo Anniversary Collection did that, and I'd love to have a SMB3-esque style to turn on. The NSMB games don't look too pretty and while U looks a bit better, it's not enough of a difference.
yeah, im sayin though, if they brought back some of the SMW mechanics as well, like the spin jump bouncing you off hazardous enemies and such, people will flock to it, SMW is one of the most hacked and modded games mario has produced, when your to the point you got a massive community for that sole purpose, then nintendo goes oh hey new super mario world.

it might be the first thing nintendo puts out people kill each other to get.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish
Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK
I wish they would get a bit more original with it, but I'm still finding 2 to be pretty enjoyable. I don't find the difficulty to be "fake" at all.

All I really ask for are new power-ups and a bit more visually interesting levels (which looks to be the case in the Wii U version, that Van Gogh s**t in the trailer gives me boners).
2 is a bit of a disappointment, but I have to admit that it's still a lot of fun. It feels like they gave more thought to the level design since you do coin rush with them now, and I like that, but there's what, one new powerup? It's awesome, and I'm glad the raccoon suit is back, but you could have thrown in Yoshi, online play, stage creation, frog suit, kuribo's boot-anything more and it would have pleased me. I'd rather the next Mario game be a console-esque one, ala 64, Sunshine, Galaxy or Super Mario 3D Land.

OR A PIXEL SIDE SCROLLER
oh man, a brand new pixel side scroller, with teh SMW mechanics would fly off the shelves so fast it wouldn't even be funny.
Even being able to change the visual style of a game at the pause menu would be neat. Halo Anniversary Collection did that, and I'd love to have a SMB3-esque style to turn on. The NSMB games don't look too pretty and while U looks a bit better, it's not enough of a difference.
yeah, im sayin though, if they brought back some of the SMW mechanics as well, like the spin jump bouncing you off hazardous enemies and such, people will flock to it, SMW is one of the most hacked and modded games mario has produced, when your to the point you got a massive community for that sole purpose, then nintendo goes oh hey new super mario world.

NSMBU kind of looks SMWish. Yoshis are back and apparently the overworld map is just one huge map, too? I don't know if the spin-jump is back, but it probably is because it was in the Wii one. We will see.

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Maybe you could spend your star coins to buy new skins for the game.

SMB3 could be a skin.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:46 pm

YUS.

Speaking of buying cool things with points you get in a game, there's been new info on Nintendo Land and it sounds pretty cool. Balloon Fight and Metroid game details as well as some overworld customization stuff on GN.

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Yep. The Metroid game uses motionplus, I heard. Seen any footage? That is what I crave.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:04 pm

The robot from nntendo land reminds me of the bitBlock mascot.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:06 pm

[Kegan]
Yep. The Metroid game uses motionplus, I heard. Seen any footage? That is what I crave.
It was shown at the E3 before last.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Meta_Fish
[Kegan]
It was shown at the E3 before last.

MORE. GIVE ME MORE.

It's never enough. Also that's almost a year and a half old. These screenshots look way updated, as far as my memory goes. We only saw footage of 1 mock-up map and 1 game mode. I want to see something more finished.

Edit: Also I wish they hadn't spent so much time on that luigi's haunted mansion mini game, trying to sell the idea of asymmetrical multi-player to investors who probably didn't give 2 ******** about it, and would have been more impressed by some pre-rendered video.ME personally, though? I would have been happier with just seeing more than 1 mini-game.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:25 pm

We saw that, DK, Pikmin, Zelda, right? They did focus on it for way too long though and I don't know why. Still, hearing about the other new games interests me. I hope it's a pack-in, and if it's not, I'll buy it.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:31 pm

We'll probably all buy it, because even a spectacular launch can be kinda boring.

It ought to be a pack in. I saw a GN article talking about how people were sending in pictures of it being shown as "coming soon" in somewhere like Australia I assume, because the price was $99. Games are crazy expensive in Australia, so that'd be the game, not the system.

Hopefully it's just dumb retailers, and they don't know anything we don't. This kind of crap happens a lot.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 pm

[Kegan]
We'd probably all buy it, because even a spectacular launch can be kinda boring.

It ought to be a pack in. I saw a GN article talking about how people were sending in pictures of it being shown as "coming soon" in somewhere like Australia I assume, because the price was $99. Games are crazy expensive in Australia, so that'd be the game, not the system.

Hopefully it's just dumb retailers, and they don't know anything we don't. This kind of crap happens a lot.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:36 pm

I need to get my etsy operating, so I can sell all this ******** pottery and buy feed my video game addiction.

I wonder if I need a degree or a certificate to teach people how to make pottery.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Meta_Fish
Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish
Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK

OR A PIXEL SIDE SCROLLER

NSMBU kind of looks SMWish. Yoshis are back and apparently the overworld map is just one huge map, too? I don't know if the spin-jump is back, but it probably is because it was in the Wii one. We will see.
well the full mechcanic wasn't there, if i did a spin jump onto a spiny or something with spikes on its back i'd get hurt, in the classic SMW you'd bounce off on a spin jump. it'd be neat if they brought that part of the spin jump mechanics back is all.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Fish brought up level editors for Mario. Ah, I love level editors. Anyone play Timesplitters 2?

Certain franchises will never have editors, and it really annoys me. Guitar Hero could be released as one definitive game that gets polished with updates, and ship with a nice song creator that could share over the internet. GH Tunes is a nice step in that direction, but it's still miles away from transcribing notes for any mp3 you choose. Mario is the same way. It's grid-based, so a level editor wouldn't be very difficult. But hey, add a new power-up every once in a while, makes some more levels and bam, people will pay for it.

And that's why it'll never happen. Game companies don't exist to make good games, they exist to make money-making games.

That's why indie games will always have a special place in my heart.
NINTENDO SOLD OUT, MAN. okay not really

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:50 pm

I've heard people say that Muse has a "Queen boner" and I've never really heard it that much.

Until today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J8W6x4q9NQ
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25254 25255 25256 25257 25258 25259 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games