Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

NecHocNecIllud

Shameless Exhibitionist

36,375 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:18 pm
emotion_zombie  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:31 am
Blind Blindness
My psychology professor was telling us an interesting thing about the placebo effect. There was this study conducted on people with the intent to find out the effectiveness of knee surgery. There were two groups--control and experimental-- people who had knee surgery, and people who didn't. Neither group was told whether they were receiving the surgery or not (You may have a ? going off, well you see, BOTH groups had their knee cut into or some such, but only one group actually had knee SURGERY. So you didn't know whether you had actually received it or not). Well, the results showed that people who had the knee surgery did not fare any better than the people who did not have the knee surgery. Or, if we switch it around, the people who did not have knee surgery felt like they were BETTER. This displays the power of the placebo effect, which is when you THINK you're taking or having something that is supposed to make you feel better, it actually does make you feel better.

My professor also told us about these people that were told their treatment would help them grow their hair back, even though it was not designed as such at all, and do you know something? They actually grew back hair and weren't bald anymore. The mind is a powerful thing.

... It's hard to believe that; that's nuts. (And why people would volunteer for knee surgery, or even if they needed it and didn't get it, that's insane!!!)

And the mind is a powerful thing; whenever I feel sick I tell myself that I'm not going to be and I don't get sick. It's something my dad taught me and it does work... but not for pneumonia. Pneumonia beat me....  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:33 am
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Teehee, my immune system is okay and thanks you. smile
A BJ's is Berkley and Jensen. It's a membership store but nonmembers can still buy stuff there. It's in a warehouse and the people are nice and will help you find stuff.
Like I said, floor to ceiling medicine an entire isle. It is so worth it, I'm telling you. And the bottles have 300 pills in it and it cost like $18 and it lasts forever. It's the generic for Zyrtec.

Well, I'd never heard of it before now, and with good reason; there is exactly one within one hundred miles of me, and it's pretty much on the exact opposite end of the state from where I live.
Actually, I think there is exactly one in the whole state, and that's in North Canton, it'd take some two, three hours to get there from my home.
And would require going through Columbus.
Yeah, not happening. cat_xd
The active ingredient in Zyrtec hasn't done jack for me since I was, like, seven.
The active ingredient in Claritin does a half-assed job for me.
The active ingredients in Allegra-D used to be the ones that worked best for me, but it's one of the most expensive OTC.
I have a hard time finding stuff that works for me; I blame genetics, 'cause my mummy has the same problem.
I'll just stick to buying stuff locally, the price of gas to go to a big store is SO not worth it.

...I'm just reading your status and as I keep reading, I'm like smile ... sad ...:c...:C
I'm sorry Zyrtec doesn't do anything for you. Clraitin is a $20 placebo. Allegra-D works eh for me.
I hope you find something that works -hugs-
I'll be back later. Dinner. -hugs-

Aw, sorry, didn't mean to make you sad.
I kinda sorta only update my status thingie infrequently. >>;
(Though the one I have now is recent... ish? )
I don't pay much attention to them and figure most people do the same, right?
Or am I wrong...? I don't know how most people work. >>;
And if it IS a placebo, it works better than zyrtec still. cat_neutral
Regardless, I go with whatever is cheapest because, well, that's the ONLY choice when you're poor. cat_xd

Sorry, I used the wrong word.
I read what you wrote above.
People update their status's so frequently that ones more than a week old get kicked off. (sorry)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:04 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
People update their status's so frequently that ones more than a week old get kicked off. (sorry)

Ah, it's okay~
Do people really update their statuses that often?
To be honest, I seriously almost NEVER look at them.
I get all my updates on my friends from the guild and the occasional PM, haha~
So, now you know what to do if there is ever something you want to make sure I catch. >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:37 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Ah, it's okay~
Do people really update their statuses that often?
To be honest, I seriously almost NEVER look at them.
I get all my updates on my friends from the guild and the occasional PM, haha~
So, now you know what to do if there is ever something you want to make sure I catch. >>;

lol yah. I update mine every now and then.
I'll keep a look out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:48 pm
emotion_zombie  

NecHocNecIllud

Shameless Exhibitionist

36,375 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:25 pm
I HAVE NO SCHOOL TOMORROW! THANK YOU SNOW!
User Image
But I need that day to do work emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:33 pm
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness
My psychology professor was telling us an interesting thing about the placebo effect. There was this study conducted on people with the intent to find out the effectiveness of knee surgery. There were two groups--control and experimental-- people who had knee surgery, and people who didn't. Neither group was told whether they were receiving the surgery or not (You may have a ? going off, well you see, BOTH groups had their knee cut into or some such, but only one group actually had knee SURGERY. So you didn't know whether you had actually received it or not). Well, the results showed that people who had the knee surgery did not fare any better than the people who did not have the knee surgery. Or, if we switch it around, the people who did not have knee surgery felt like they were BETTER. This displays the power of the placebo effect, which is when you THINK you're taking or having something that is supposed to make you feel better, it actually does make you feel better.

My professor also told us about these people that were told their treatment would help them grow their hair back, even though it was not designed as such at all, and do you know something? They actually grew back hair and weren't bald anymore. The mind is a powerful thing.

Indeed it is. Very interesting how that all works. I think I remember watching a video in my 8th grade science class about stuff like that. Been too long though. How you doing captain?

^.^ yes yes
Today was a good day. I got studying done and all, and considering I have two exams next week, it's pretty important to stay ahead of the game. It's my first semester at the new university, so it's a different culture for me. Not really, but...xD

How is the princess doing? 3nodding  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

... It's hard to believe that; that's nuts. (And why people would volunteer for knee surgery, or even if they needed it and didn't get it, that's insane!!!)

And the mind is a powerful thing; whenever I feel sick I tell myself that I'm not going to be and I don't get sick. It's something my dad taught me and it does work... but not for pneumonia. Pneumonia beat me....

Yeah, I think pneumonia vs. mind...pneumonia will most likely win lol

Thankfully my knees are in okay working condition. Too much walking is required of me to not be adequately functioning in that area. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:38 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
I HAVE NO SCHOOL TOMORROW! THANK YOU SNOW!
User Image
But I need that day to do work emotion_facepalm

Hopefully at the end of the day you'll feel accomplished and proud of yourself  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:48 pm
Blind Blindness
^.^ yes yes
Today was a good day. I got studying done and all, and considering I have two exams next week, it's pretty important to stay ahead of the game. It's my first semester at the new university, so it's a different culture for me. Not really, but...xD

I'm alright, still getting over a bad cold and sore throat which I hope will go away soon. Doggone item quest for a Pale Marionette is taking quite a long time to complete, but I'll hopefully get there, one of these days. Wish the price wasn't so bloody high!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:16 pm
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness
^.^ yes yes

I'm alright, still getting over a bad cold and sore throat which I hope will go away soon. Doggone item quest for a Pale Marionette is taking quite a long time to complete, but I'll hopefully get there, one of these days. Wish the price wasn't so bloody high!

Aww, I hope you feel better. Colds suck.
Wow! It really is super expensive. I would not have guessed it that high. I wish you a lot of luck  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:35 am
Blind Blindness
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

Yeah, I think pneumonia vs. mind...pneumonia will most likely win lol

Thankfully my knees are in okay working condition. Too much walking is required of me to not be adequately functioning in that area. xD

What's wrong with your knees?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:46 am
I know the feels, Danneh. D:
I jammed my ******** knee back in high school and I still feel it every once in a while.  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:50 pm
*rolls around*
I finished the book I had been off-and-on reading for months, a biography of Aleister Crowley (and perhaps the only mostly unbiased one in existence, at that).
It was interesting.
Basically my main conclusion after reading it is that he was a right a**.
I've started a new book now!
Isle of View by Piers Anthony.
Supposedly part of a series? I dunno, my grampa's wife lent it to me ages ago and I've only just gotten far enough down my reading priority list to start it. >>;
BUT. It's really the last book on my priorities, so maybe someone would like to help me start a new list? emotion_kirakira
(Not that I don't have literal hundreds of books laying around waiting to be read, but I own those, so they can always wait. ^^; )

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games