Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:34 pm
It's been out for a little while now. By Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. I don't know if it's along the lines of what you'd read, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:38 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness
My psychology professor was telling us an interesting thing about the placebo effect. There was this study conducted on people with the intent to find out the effectiveness of knee surgery. There were two groups--control and experimental-- people who had knee surgery, and people who didn't. Neither group was told whether they were receiving the surgery or not (You may have a ? going off, well you see, BOTH groups had their knee cut into or some such, but only one group actually had knee SURGERY. So you didn't know whether you had actually received it or not). Well, the results showed that people who had the knee surgery did not fare any better than the people who did not have the knee surgery. Or, if we switch it around, the people who did not have knee surgery felt like they were BETTER. This displays the power of the placebo effect, which is when you THINK you're taking or having something that is supposed to make you feel better, it actually does make you feel better.

My professor also told us about these people that were told their treatment would help them grow their hair back, even though it was not designed as such at all, and do you know something? They actually grew back hair and weren't bald anymore. The mind is a powerful thing.

... It's hard to believe that; that's nuts. (And why people would volunteer for knee surgery, or even if they needed it and didn't get it, that's insane!!!)

And the mind is a powerful thing; whenever I feel sick I tell myself that I'm not going to be and I don't get sick. It's something my dad taught me and it does work... but not for pneumonia. Pneumonia beat me....

Yeah, I think pneumonia vs. mind...pneumonia will most likely win lol

Thankfully my knees are in okay working condition. Too much walking is required of me to not be adequately functioning in that area. xD

What's wrong with your knees?

Nothing. I'm okay XD  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:53 pm
Blind Blindness
It's been out for a little while now. By Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. I don't know if it's along the lines of what you'd read, though.

I'll check the online catalog of my local library to see if they have it.
I know it's not something I own, haha~
If they do, I'll skim it next time I'm there to see if I'd be interested.
(You'd probably be surprised at the range things I would read. cat_razz )
EDIT: They don't have it at either of the libraries to which I could feasibly get a ride.
They DO have it available as an ebook but, unfortunately, I know I'd never be able to do that since the whole point of my reading a lot again is to get away from the electronics since they're triggering migraines...
There will always be a market for printed material so long as people like me exist. >>;

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:05 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

I'll check the online catalog of my local library to see if they have it.
I know it's not something I own, haha~
If they do, I'll skim it next time I'm there to see if I'd be interested.
(You'd probably be surprised at the range things I would read. cat_razz )
EDIT: They don't have it at either of the libraries to which I could feasibly get a ride.
They DO have it available as an ebook but, unfortunately, I know I'd never be able to do that since the whole point of my reading a lot again is to get away from the electronics since they're triggering migraines...
There will always be a market for printed material so long as people like me exist. >>;

Aww...I'm sorry to hear that. But I understand, health first. Smart choice 3nodding  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:09 pm
All I have left is midterms and then I am FREE!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:19 pm
Still playing Heralds of Chaos. Wouldn't mind it if someone sent me keys there, maybe... As for my item quest, slow as ever. Zomg! is being a pill still for some reason, yet it runs fine, don't know why. -_-*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:50 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
All I have left is midterms and then I am FREE!!!

That's what they all say!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:52 pm
This is what happens when Spazzy finds random things on the user marketplace that are cheaper than usual prices.
She buys stuff and one day goes into her wardrobe to stare at it with a confounded expression.
She thinks, "When the ******** did I even BUY this stuff?" but, despite her best efforts, can't remember.
And then she spends hours making a new avi.
(Yes, really, hours.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:10 pm
I didn't expect that xD
I like it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:25 am
HOLY MOLEY MY SPAZZY IS GORGEOUS!!!

You look like you were kissed by unicorns <3 emotion_kirakira  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:58 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
HOLY MOLEY MY SPAZZY IS GORGEOUS!!!

You look like you were kissed by unicorns <3 emotion_kirakira

Hehe, I like this statement. cat_whee
And thank you~
I was so excited to find a way to use the eyes from Seven Day Love because I think they're really cute.
I'm insanely happy with the way this turned out, it's so sparkly. emotion_kirakira

Blind Blindness

And thank you too!
I'm gonna blame a dramatic drop in lots of item prices for my sudden spurt of quick changes (for me) from avi to avi. >>;
(Very rapid changes considering the amount of time I tend to spend working on this stuff, hehe. ^^; )

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:48 pm
Cold Spazzy is cold...
But I think winter is just the best time of year for reading.
All times are good for reading of course, but I'm of the persuasion that winter is best because you can snuggle down in a blanket (or two or three if you're like me) in front of a heater (or fireplace or wood stove, if you're lucky enough to have one in your home) with a good book and just read and not have to go anywhere because (if you're in a more northern state like me) it's snowing and the county is all "DON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE, 'KAY."
So, if you need me, I'll be over here, huddled under two blankets in front of our electric heater finishing up the book I just started a couple days ago. >>;
And then probably doing some serious pondering over what I should read next... cat_confused

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:54 pm
Finished my book last night!
And couldn't decide what to read, so I made my beau choose a genre at random and I chose a book from my most easily accessible pile of books according to his answer. >>;
Ended up being A Conspiracy of Paper by David Liss, which is a fairly historically accurate murder mystery novel set in eighteenth century London.
In terms of setting, that is; this, unlike some of my other reads, isn't a true crime novel.
I just started it tonight.
And I'll probably have it done in a few days.
I HAVE NO LIFE YAY. yum_puddi
It's longer than my previous endeavor, so hopefully it'll last a tad longer...
Honestly, I should probably pop over to the reading sub and start my own thread over there on the books I'm reading. >>;
'cause I'm probly boring you guys to death with my book ramblings.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:32 pm
*huddled up in a blanket cocoon*
IT IS COLD.
Too cold to do anything other than huddle here by the heater and read and occasionally stare at my computer.
And there is a dog laying in my chair with me that I think would agree.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:35 pm
Lol yah it won't stop snowing up by me either.
And it's frikking COLD!

On the brighter side, I took my midterm for chorus today (though I shook like crazy when I did. I wasn't nervous but I still was shaking for some reason). And I'm DONE with chorus! D-O-N-E DONE!  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games