Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25319 25320 25321 25322 25323 25324 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:10 am

Jaycorn
So Super Nintendo games are easily playable with two people over the Internet. surprised
Show me how >:O
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 am

All you need:

https://secure.logmein.com/uk/products/hamachi/download.aspx

(unmanaged)

+

Version 1.42 of ZSNES emulator

+

ROM

+

Person to play with

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 am

Let me know when I can play Diddy Kong Racing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:37 am

If you have an N64 emulator it'll probably work.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:43 pm

blapped in blapp blap blap blapped in blap -blapped in blap-
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Xilo The Odd
good basic spy guide fish. with that anyone can go far as a spy, but the really tough tricks to master make an excellent spy like you. the real trick to being a spy, never employ the same tactic twice in a row.

take me for example, i use the dead ringer. i'll disguise as one of my own team as a non spy, (usually scout cause its easier to sell an easy kill on you)and if i see a sniper ready to kill someone waiting at the gate for the round start, i'll warn them and stand in their place, activate dead ringer, wait to be shot, and then move and switch disguises immediately if all goes well i'm behind their front line killing any snipers and then stabbing our way to the first point and making my own way to the next point.

another part is, the gear has to be part of your strategy. whats your method of infiltration? feign death, never be seen for brief periods of time, or sit in one spot for long periods waiting for that perfect moment? what purpose should your tools serve for you, whether it be to get more cloak back, do damage and such, pistol selection beyond the basic revolver really counts here, knife selection as well. the combination of the two should cover for each ones possible drawback (like using an Enforcer while using the spycicle.

if possible i use the le'trange revolver and big earner knife with the dead ringer. chances are i'm going to stab someone and get noticed, why not do it in a way that recovers any missing cloak so i can continue to feign death?

the basic gear is more than enough to fool most people, but when you start collecting the new weapons, its a good idea to plan out what works well together for you personally.
I wasn't sure if I should give in-depth stuff like this or not because it can be hard to pinpoint what issue someone's having with being a spy. It can range so much and there's a lot of different ways to approach any given situation even with just one loadout, letalone with the myriad of different weapons. I'd be lost if I hopped into TF2 now, not knowing what to try or what to do.

Another good tip to sap a sentry BEFORE you backstab the engineer or right after. It took me awhile to learn how to take down engineers and their buildings (I sometimes still falter terribly). If you can get lined up behind an unsuspecting engineer as he's repairing his sentry, that's the best method. Stab him and kill him quickly, then even quicklier switch to your sapper and put it on the sentry before it can turn around and kill you. It's very satisfying.

Skaeryll
You can actually make it look like you change weapons as a spy.

Press B and it'll change to the weapon in the corresponding slot like if you choose the knife and press B it'll swap your disguises weapon to the melee slot.
See, I was thinking there WAS some way to do it, but I never knew how. Maybe it's new or maybe I just never knew, myself.

[Kegan]
Xilo The Odd
the real trick to being a spy, never employ the same tactic twice in a row.

Aaaaactually, if you're doing it right, you won't even give them a chance to figure you out. The only people you have to constantly switch your game up on is engineers, and only if they have half a brain.
Not necessarily. Being a spy, you can never be too cautious because you're so easy for many classes to take out. If you keep doing the same thing or disguising as the same class, a good team will catch on and work together to get rid of you. I wouldn't recommend just doing the same thing over and over unless you're playing with really bad people or have patience to watch them come back, shoot all over to find you, forget about you, and strike them again.

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Allegro
Let me know when I can play Diddy Kong Racing

Diddy Kong Racing DS
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:35 pm

my boss is listening to gagnam style again

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Hamachi will probably work with any game that has a simple net play function where you enter the other person's IP. It basically circumvents the two hours of bullshitting the two of you have to do with opening ports or whatever.

So yeah, if there's an N64 emulator with that functionality, you can play whatever four player game. The emulator itself might only support two people though. That's what we learned from ZSNES.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 pm

OH I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT EMULATORZ LOL

Waynebrizzle

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Waynebrizzle
Hamachi will probably work with any game that has a simple net play function where you enter the other person's IP. It basically circumvents the two hours of bullshitting the two of you have to do with opening ports or whatever.

So yeah, if there's an N64 emulator with that functionality, you can play whatever four player game. The emulator itself might only support two people though. That's what we learned from ZSNES.
The SNES needed adapters/splitters for more than 2 players, if it supported the feature at all.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 pm

[Kegan]
Waynebrizzle

The SNES needed adapters/splitters for more than 2 players, if it supported the feature at all.

There was a multitap for up to five, and the ZSNES actually allows you to use those ports, but netplay only works with two people.

Waynebrizzle

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Waynebrizzle
[Kegan]
Waynebrizzle

There was a multitap for up to five, and the ZSNES actually allows you to use those ports, but netplay only works with two people.
Oh, now I get what what you mean.

What were you going to play that supported multi-tap?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Super Bomberman.

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 pm

I was thinking maybe secret of mana. Did you know that game supported 3 players? I didn't, but then again, I've neeeever played it.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25319 25320 25321 25322 25323 25324 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games