Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25349 25350 25351 25352 25353 25354 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:18 am

Also, It might be nice if we had proportional representation.

I'd never vote anything but democrat in my district, because I'm so outnumbered by conservatives, but in other, more moderate places it'd make a big difference.

In congress you can kinda have something like that, but they tend to sorta divide themselves along big party lines. I guess most political issues in this country are kinda binary anyway. GAYS GET MARRIED Y/N?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:22 am

Okay. Whoever had said that on Facebook must have been misinformed.

And you can't ask for equal representation of parties in your area. That's just silly. That's not how voting works.

And no, the president and Congress are equally important. What's more, the president is only one person. Why we don't personally elect him makes no sense to me.

Also: you just said you never vote anything but Democrat, but then complained that politics is so binary. I think you proved your own point!

Waynebrizzle

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:31 am

Maybe if we didn't have millions of voters choosing a person simply because they have a (D) or an (R) next to their name, I wouldn't be so cynical about voting.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 am

Waynebrizzle
Okay. Whoever had said that on Facebook must have been misinformed.

And you can't ask for equal representation of parties in your area. That's just silly. That's not how voting works.

And no, the president and Congress are equally important. What's more, the president is only one person. Why we don't personally elect him makes no sense to me.

Also: you just said you never vote anything but Democrat, but then complained that politics is so binary. I think you proved your own point!
The person who said obama lost the popular vote probably heard this before the west coast was tallied. A lot of people on tumblr were making a dumb fuss about it.

And I'd love to be able to vote for, for example, a green party candidate, but I would vote democrat because that is how the system works. If I vote green in this area, it's like abstaining. Thus my complaint.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:35 am

For the record, I researched the people I voted for, and knew what their stances on issues were. Ironically, of the two people running for the house seat in my district, both seemed at least kinda conservative, but one was more so than the other. And so it was voting for the guy who I was maybe half aligned with versus the guy who I would be completely against.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2HSkXI7O8o

I just happened across this place while I was playing just now. It would be one thing if it was hard to get to, but you literally walk down a hall. And if you skip ahead to the end of the video you can see what happens if you jump out the giant hole at the end of the room.

BEST GAME ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Eh, the Democratic-Republic approach works well enough, I feel. People who don't really give a crap at all usually don't vote in local elections, and cast their laughably misinformed votes in the presidential election only because they want their team to win. So really, if the popular vote isn't reflected in your electoral votes, then your state just doesn't have enough people that actually care at all.

I mean, I live in Oklahoma. I still have people telling me that "OBAMA'S TOTALLY A FLAG BURNING MUSLIM WHO REFUSES TO SALUTE THE FLAG AND WAS SWORN IN ON A QUARAN BOUND IN THE SKIN OF ORPHANS AND INKED IN THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT".

I don't think people that stupid should be allowed to breed, let alone be allowed to help determine one of the most powerful men in the world.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Voting and politics are pretty much a joke and I'm pretty sick and tired of people riding around on high horses when they talk about both things. The government is run like s**t and pretty much everything is out of our hands. I don't know if I'll ever vote because like Wayne, I'm too cynical towards the whole ******** thing. I'm more interested in visiting my girlfriend this weekend and getting the Wii U next weekend because those two things actually influence me in my real life. wink 4laugh

Let me know when the way things are run is completely rewritten and makes sense to more than 20% of the people in the nation, things get done and can change, and it's not all run by old, out of touch white men. Or when I can afford to go to school or see a doctor on a semi-regular basis.

Actually, just don't contact me at all. ******** off. 4laugh

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:19 pm

WII U YEAH WOO
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:16 pm

I went out to best buy today and they had a WiiU demo Kiosk. Only Rayman Legends was playable, but ti was neat. It'll be fun to play with a friend. I think I might actually get this one.

When I get a Wii-U.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Meta_Fish
Voting and politics are pretty much a joke and I'm pretty sick and tired of people riding around on high horses when they talk about both things. The government is run like s**t and pretty much everything is out of our hands. I don't know if I'll ever vote because like Wayne, I'm too cynical towards the whole ******** thing. I'm more interested in visiting my girlfriend this weekend and getting the Wii U next weekend because those two things actually influence me in my real life. wink 4laugh

Let me know when the way things are run is completely rewritten and makes sense to more than 20% of the people in the nation, things get done and can change, and it's not all run by old, out of touch white men. Or when I can afford to go to school or see a doctor on a semi-regular basis.

Actually, just don't contact me at all. ******** off. 4laugh

kawaii 4laugh heart
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 pm

I <3 Jaded fatalism from spoiled white folks.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Not as much as I love annoying asspies that never seem to go away or shut the ******** up. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink 4laugh 4laugh heart
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:51 pm

I might get Rayman too, eventually. Considering it over NSMBU because I just played a NSMB game and you don't bump into each other. The touch screen elements in Rayman are cooler, too.

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Meta_Fish
Not as much as I love annoying asspies that never seem to go away or shut the ******** up. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink 4laugh 4laugh heart
have you ever been tested matthew
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25349 25350 25351 25352 25353 25354 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games