Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25373 25374 25375 25376 25377 25378 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 am

Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill
So badass. It's been over a decade since I played pokemon tcg, but it's such an easy game, I got back in it very quick. We should have some games together.
Fuuuuuuuuck, that IS cool but I really can't play the TCG with another person. I always get nothing but energies or everything but energies, no matter how I balance any given deck.

I've lost matches in less than 30 seconds because I'd draw only 1 basic pokemon. s**t like that seems to happen a bunch.
Ugh. I cannot stand that. I'd end up just taking all trainer cards out because I would never get what I needed, or putting ones in that only helped me get basic Pokemon/energies.
my old deck setup for pokemon TCG for GBC was,

30 energy (25 for single color decks)
20 total pokemon cards (23 for single color)
10 trainers (12 for single color)

usually mixed well and with the right choice of trainer cards I could almost nearly get exactly what i want.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 am

Having Flareon out and a hand full of fire, I've completely flame thrown an entire roster of pokemon. So great.

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:01 pm

I used to want to make dual-type decks, but my luck-of-the-draw is so bad I rarely can pull of single-type.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Ugh. I need to soak my feeeeeet.

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Meta_Fish
I used to want to make dual-type decks, but my luck-of-the-draw is so bad I rarely can pull of single-type.
on trick to the dual type deck i used, try to use more pokemon that have colorless listed for most of their attacks. my fire grass deck heavily relied on eggsecutor's egg barrage (cost of 1 colorless) to severly beat my opponent down 20 damage times number of heads, and the number of coin flips is the number of energy attached to him. f** yea.

then there is of course charizard. all energy on him counts as fire.

throw on a double colorless and a couple of random energy and hes ready to go in 3 turns.

pair either with venasuar's ability to move grass energy around as you please, you got unlimited firepower!

oh my eggs is gonna die? no prob i'll move it all to charizard!

charizard finally meets his end? i'll get all teh grass i can back on venasaur.

ah the good ol days.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish
on trick to the dual type deck i used, try to use more pokemon that have colorless listed for most of their attacks. my fire grass deck heavily relied on eggsecutor's egg barrage (cost of 1 colorless) to severly beat my opponent down 20 damage times number of heads, and the number of coin flips is the number of energy attached to him. f** yea.

throw on a double colorless and a couple of random energy and hes ready to go in 3 turns.

pair either with venasuar's ability to move grass energy around as you please, you got unlimited firepower!

ah the good ol days.

Actually, he can only turn one energy into fire, and it reverts back at the end of the turn. Not only that, but you have to discard 2 energy every time he uses fire spin. He's a tank when you can get him out, but he's not all that practical because he's a pain to setup and maintain.

Waynebrizzle

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:35 pm

In my experience doing more than one type (unless the second type is normal) was never a good idea in that game.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Waynebrizzle
Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish

ah the good ol days.

Actually, he can only turn one energy into fire, and it reverts back at the end of the turn. Not only that, but you have to discard 2 energy every time he uses fire spin. He's a tank when you can get him out, but he's not all that practical because he's a pain to setup and maintain.

He can turn any number of energy attached to him into fire before he attacks. You can feed Charizard any kind of energy and it'd all count as fire. Of course I guess it depends on what version you're talking about. There's seven thousand versions of each pokemon.

Oh and Raticate is vicious.

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Waynebrizzle
In my experience doing more than one type (unless the second type is normal) was never a good idea in that game.
lol then you should see some of my decks on the pokemon TCG for GBC.

psychic and rock/fighting

Grass/fire

water/electric

grass/psychic

and i think at one point i had a decent

water/electric/fire deck.

it was an Eevee deck though so kinda easy to make work fast.

and pokemon TCG for the original base set charizard it was any energy attached to him treats it as fire.

http://socalgaming.com/store/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/charizard-base-set-bs-4.jpg
iwusrite

edit: yes... raticate was a vicous p***k. he could easily 2-3 shot anything when used right.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish

ah the good ol days.

He can turn any number of energy attached to him into fire before he attacks. You can feed Charizard any kind of energy and it'd all count as fire. Of course I guess it depends on what version you're talking about. There's seven thousand versions of each pokemon.

I was talking about the first one, but I'd misread the card. He's still a total fatty with the energy.

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish

ah the good ol days.

HYPER FANG
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:17 pm

and i thought i was a nerd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 am

me 2

maybe if I were a couple years older I'd have played more Pokemon cards back in the day and then I'd be able to understand wtf everyone is talking about

I only ever traded and collected them, and played a few rounds with my stepdad since my friends and I weren't old enough to play together. And I did a bad job of it too because I traded this ******** card for Meowth and two other common cards. My parents told me they didn't think I was old enough for Pokemon cards after that sad Also I somehow accepted a fake Metapod from some kid in the schoolyard.

Pokemon Red was the first game I beat without anyone's help so when I did it I acted like I'd beaten Ninja Gaiden III. I just remember playing it on a Saturday morning at my dad's house on Pokemon Stadium and it being down to my Raichu and Gary's Blastoise and my heart pounding out of my chest omg xd I was like "my heart is beating..." and my dad was like "your heart is always beating" and I just wanted to be like "shut the ******** up you god damn ****** i'm a pokemon master"
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 am

ANYWAY, installed TCG online in case people actually want to play since it has tutorials. The character art is embarrassing, they look like they're from a Barbie game.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 am

Yea I never played that crap
Traded
Never played
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25373 25374 25375 25376 25377 25378 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games