Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25384 25385 25386 25387 25388 25389 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Mario is a special case for just about everything. He breaks every genre and is an overall nuisance to "traditionalism."

I would be interested to see a Pokemon game like the Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi games, for sure. I think that would be really interesting and hadn't really thought of something so simple that could work so well. There is a lot you could do with it! Turning Pokemon into another series is always a tough job, but they do go out of the main series a bit. I think we'll see it evolve, it'll just be a slow process, like it has been since it started.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Playing Pokemon Black/White version 2 feels exactly like playing Red/Blue. Even the visuals haven't changed much. There's almost nothing cluing you in that this series is EIGHT iterations deep. Considering Pokemon is a franchise that prints money, they don't seem to give it the respect and focus it deserves. s**t, even the Madden franchise has evolved more than Pokemon.

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Meta_Fish
Mario is a special case for just about everything. He breaks every genre and is an overall nuisance to "traditionalism."

I would be interested to see a Pokemon game like the Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi games, for sure. I think that would be really interesting and hadn't really thought of something so simple that could work so well. There is a lot you could do with it! Turning Pokemon into another series is always a tough job, but they do go out of the main series a bit. I think we'll see it evolve, it'll just be a slow process, like it has been since it started.
Huh, I hadn't thought of giving it a Paper Mario/M&L spin, but now that you mention it, that sounds like a really effective way to bring life to the series. They had minimal in-combat action sequences in Pokemon Conquest, so maybe they'll even consider incorporating that as a gameplay mechanic in the future. On that day, we'll all fondly remember the childhood superstition that mashing increases your chances of catching Pokemon.

Trenn Flashkill
Playing Pokemon Black/White version 2 feels exactly like playing Red/Blue. Even the visuals haven't changed much. There's almost nothing cluing you in that this series is EIGHT iterations deep. Considering Pokemon is a franchise that prints money, they don't seem to give it the respect and focus it deserves. s**t, even the Madden franchise has evolved more than Pokemon.

To be fair, a lot of the people I know who prefer RPGs like them because they are repetitive and familiar. To someone who loves mind-numbing min-maxing grindfest bullshit, the fact that it's the same thing every game is actually appealing. Because of this, I don't think the main franchise will ever change much. But I'm hopeful that the spinoffs will get more willing to experiment!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 pm

repetitive is for MMOs i say. even final fantasy went to 3-d when it took the chance. and now the 3 for PSX are instant classics to any fan of the series. just ask any person on gaia outside this guild. I'm sure you'll find atleast 1000 Clouds, 500 squalls and about 300 zidanes. and probably over 10000 of the other random characters from the game.

believe me i know.

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Bulbadoof
Meta_Fish

Huh, I hadn't thought of giving it a Paper Mario/M&L spin, but now that you mention it, that sounds like a really effective way to bring life to the series. They had minimal in-combat action sequences in Pokemon Conquest, so maybe they'll even consider incorporating that as a gameplay mechanic in the future. On that day, we'll all fondly remember the childhood superstition that mashing increases your chances of catching Pokemon.

Trenn Flashkill

To be fair, a lot of the people I know who prefer RPGs like them because they are repetitive and familiar. To someone who loves mind-numbing min-maxing grindfest bullshit, the fact that it's the same thing every game is actually appealing. Because of this, I don't think the main franchise will ever change much. But I'm hopeful that the spinoffs will get more willing to experiment!
True, but there's ways to evolve the game without changing the core mechanics. I wonder if the DS was really that limiting. I'm also really curious to know how they'll treat a proper 3DS game. Since we know what we're guaranteed, no reason we can't have significantly improved visuals. The 3DS can haul a**.

Honestly I'd rather see a core Pokemon game on the Wii U, but that seems like a long shot. Actually, scratch that. I'd sooner have a new Pokemon Snap game for the Wii U. Where's Wayne to back me up on this?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 pm

*backs up*

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:10 pm

are we still ******** talking about pokemon
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 pm

The Eleventh AK
are we still ******** talking about pokemon
Who gives a s**t?

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:26 pm

sensitive topic apparently
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Xilo The Odd
repetitive is for MMOs i say. even final fantasy went to 3-d when it took the chance. and now the 3 for PSX are instant classics to any fan of the series. just ask any person on gaia outside this guild. I'm sure you'll find atleast 1000 Clouds, 500 squalls and about 300 zidanes. and probably over 10000 of the other random characters from the game.

believe me i know.
If graphics are the defining criteria, sure. But what I've gathered from most of the posts about it (and correct me if I'm wrong), it seems what is meant by 3D is a new dynamic, a new level of depth - kind of like Super Mario 64 in comparison to, say, SMW. The PSX Final Fantasies went 3D, sure, but in terms of gameplay, they didn't really do anything new or exciting.

Also, I would buy the s**t out of a new Pokemon Snap and I didn't even plan on buying a Wii U. NINTENDO PLS

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:10 am

(* ̄m ̄)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:43 pm

...is it just me, or does Wii Fit U sound like a bad Engrish tailoring shop?

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Yes.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 pm

So the Japanese trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness has a tiny bit more footage, which just happens to be a total nod to Wrath of Khan and pretty much spoils the movie if it's what it ********' looks like ******** YOU JAPAN

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25384 25385 25386 25387 25388 25389 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games