Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25388 25389 25390 25391 25392 25393 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Bulbadoof
I was gonna say I'm not sure how their more realistic characters would fare in an SSB, but then I remembered Snake. Apart from Megaman, who would you want to see most badly in SSB4?

It'd be worlds better than the Mario and Sonic games, that's for sure. In fact, how did those even happen first?
Realistic characters seem like a strange fit, but they do work. Smash Bros can work with pretty much anything, but most of the complaints I hear about All-Stars Battle Royale is that there are just too many realistic characters. We like our mascots.

Mega Man is my number one pick, if no one had ******** guessed it. Other than that, I really want to see Animal Crosser/Tom Nook playable in the next one. If those two got in, I'd be pretty happy. After that, it seems like the "no-duh" picks kind of fall off a bit.

Since they're working with Bandai Namco (or as I call them on accident, Namcai Bando) on SSB4, I think we could see Pac-Man, Yoshimitsu, Tales of characters and maybe Tekken/Soul Calibur people show up. That also hints a little more strongly that we could see Sega/Capcom characters since those three companies are working together on Project X Zone for the 3DS. I'd be more interested in seeing more Capcom characters than anything. Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile would be pretty cool, and like I said, Yoshimitsu and Pac-Man would both probably fit in pretty well. Viewtiful Joe would be an awesome pick to me because I love those games, though thinking about how any of his moves work, he would just be a mini-Captain Falcon clone, though that's not a bad thing, I suppose.

And I don't know what the hell is up with Mario and Sonic at the ******** Olympics. That's so stupid and what's even worse, his role in the Subspace Emissary was pretty much completely wasted since he shows up at the VERY end.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 pm

That's bullshit. I'm just talking about specifically the box-art Mega Man thing. The iphone game they threw together looked like a** and if Nintendo did something like that with Link, then, yeah, I'd probably ********'... shed tears

But if they put a joke version of like, CDi Link in some silly fighting game or whatever, then I would laugh.

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 pm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:31 pm

The Eleventh AK
That's bullshit. I'm just talking about specifically the box-art Mega Man thing. The iphone game they threw together looked like a** and if Nintendo did something like that with Link, then, yeah, I'd probably ********'... shed tears

But if they put a joke version of like, CDi Link in some silly fighting game or whatever, then I would laugh.
And I went over this, too. I even made up an analogy (or metaphor, I'm too lazy to use dictionary.com) about how they threw the fans a bone as they starved to death after they'd promised steaks. Bad boxart Mega Man IS funny, but when they kill three projects and THAT'S the way they choose to represent Mega Man after doing so, it's a bit insulting to the fanbase.

But you're right, I forgot about the ******** iPhone game. Jesus.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, don't remind me of Mario and Sonic. What a wasted opportunity. Nintendo usually makes really good decisions about this kind of stuff.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Maybe when the Wii U's sales aren't meeting their expecations, they'll hold an investor meeting and announce Mario and Sonic THE GAME, similar to how they announced a bunch of Mario games for the 3DS when it was doing badly.

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Quote:
Wayne has THE biggest d**k for admitting talking to someone else changed his mind about something. Seriously, the more I talk to people the more I realize how ******** stubborn they are and how unwilling they are to see anything through anyone else's eyes or to have their opinion swayed in any direction.

said the most stubborn person I know
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Meta_Fish
[Kegan]
I thought it was pretty funny too. It's not like having bad box are megaman detracted from development resources for a real megaman game.
See the last post I made.

[Kegan]
Also I think he probably fits in better with characters like viewriful joe and deadpool.
...Right, which is weird that they put ANY Mega Man in Street Fighter X TEKKEN and not MVC3.

[Kegan]
IDoes it really make a difference to most of the people who cried gamer tears about it anyway? Wasn't megaman usually one of the weaker characters in those" vs. Capcom" games anyway?
Irrelevant. Then you might as well never be able to complain that Mewtwo, was stripped from Super Smash Bros. People buy a fighting game largely to play as the characters, especially MARVEL Vs. CAPCOM.
Wait, which game was bad box art megaman in? There's so ******** many of them.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Meta_Fish
It's like if Nintendo announced a Zelda MMO, an old-school styled Zelda game where you can play as multiple Links and a new sequel to... say, Windwaker and they canceled all of them and then didn't put Link in the next Smash Bros. or its DLC.

Then cartoon/CD-i Link showed up in Nintendo Vs. Capcom or something.
I would still laugh. OH BOY!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:38 pm

The problem with these arguments is neither side seems to know what the other is arguing half the time

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:40 pm

The Eleventh AK
Quote:
Wayne has THE biggest d**k for admitting talking to someone else changed his mind about something. Seriously, the more I talk to people the more I realize how ******** stubborn they are and how unwilling they are to see anything through anyone else's eyes or to have their opinion swayed in any direction.

said the most stubborn person I know
I've agreed with you the entire time, David. I think the bad boxart Mega Man is funny, but it's also insulting to the fanbase after they kill so many other Mega Man projects. Please read the posts or THINK about it or try to see it from a Mega Man fan's perspective. Or just drop it!

[Kegan]
Wait, which game was bad box art megaman in? There's so ******** many of them.
STREET FIGHTER x Tekken. He's not a Street Fighter. Mega Man is not in MVC3 in any capacity. He is completely absent.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:41 pm

The Eleventh AK
The problem with these arguments is neither side seems to know what the other is arguing half the time
I know what you're trying to argue, and I've made my case clear in like, three different ways. I don't know what the problem is.

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Also I only think that this "If Zelda were in megaman's shoes" discussion would be fair game if... oh... say... Nintendo had spent the better part of the last decade releasing 2 garbage zelda games a year. I think I already said somewhere that the RPG games didn't ruin the main series of megaman for me, but I do think it did harm to the credibility of the IP and brand, even if mostly in Capcom's eyes.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:43 pm

[Kegan]
Also I only think that this "If Zelda were in megaman's shoes" discussion would be fair game if... oh... say... Nintendo had spent the better part of the last decade releasing 2 garbage zelda games a year. I think I already said somewhere that the RPG games didn't ruin the main series of megaman for me, but I do think it did harm to the credibility of the IP and brand, even if mostly in Capcom's eyes.
It was the closest comparison I could draw that I could think of that David would understand.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Meta_Fish
Bulbadoof
I was gonna say I'm not sure how their more realistic characters would fare in an SSB, but then I remembered Snake. Apart from Megaman, who would you want to see most badly in SSB4?

It'd be worlds better than the Mario and Sonic games, that's for sure. In fact, how did those even happen first?
Realistic characters seem like a strange fit, but they do work. Smash Bros can work with pretty much anything, but most of the complaints I hear about All-Stars Battle Royale is that there are just too many realistic characters. We like our mascots.

Mega Man is my number one pick, if no one had ******** guessed it. Other than that, I really want to see Animal Crosser/Tom Nook playable in the next one. If those two got in, I'd be pretty happy. After that, it seems like the "no-duh" picks kind of fall off a bit.

Since they're working with Bandai Namco (or as I call them on accident, Namcai Bando) on SSB4, I think we could see Pac-Man, Yoshimitsu, Tales of characters and maybe Tekken/Soul Calibur people show up. That also hints a little more strongly that we could see Sega/Capcom characters since those three companies are working together on Project X Zone for the 3DS. I'd be more interested in seeing more Capcom characters than anything. Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile would be pretty cool, and like I said, Yoshimitsu and Pac-Man would both probably fit in pretty well. Viewtiful Joe would be an awesome pick to me because I love those games, though thinking about how any of his moves work, he would just be a mini-Captain Falcon clone, though that's not a bad thing, I suppose.
That's exactly what turned me off of it. A playful, cartoonish fighting style feels weird with serious, realistic characters. Someone like Dante would just look ridiculous holding a Fire Flower.

Wow, I hadn't even considered the possibility of Pac-Man. What would he even do? I hope that happens just to show off how creative they can get.

Sounds like SSB4 is going to be the biggest affair yet. And hey, a good chunk of their characters are rebalanced clones. I feel like they do a pretty good job of making the characters play differently, even if their movesets are essentially the same.

EDIT: re Sonic: He feels really just stuffed in there, even outside of his complete lack of presence in SE. I get that it gave a bunch of Sonic fans what they'd wanted forever, but as a playable character, he just feels lacking.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25388 25389 25390 25391 25392 25393 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games