Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:56 pm
Falathrim
Yeah, we could always use some more Hitlers.

I know what you mean, but you probably could have used a better dictator.

Nothing ever gets done in our country, either, if the complaints are to be believed. Yet, for some reason or other, we still remain the world's only superpower. The presence of democracy isn't England's problem, I'm afraid.

As I said, Oswald Mosley was a better example...

...and I wouldn't say America was the world's only superpower. It is the most powerful at present, yes, but there are many others. England is still a world superpower, as is France.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:56 pm
Longbow UK
SYFFER
Longbow UK
Falathrim
Longbow UK
'Tis a shame that, but true none the less. neutral Royalty should have control over the country as it once did.

...are you insane?

Yes. lol But that's irrelevant. Nothing gets done in this country. Why? Because we don't have a single leader or a solid dictatorship. What we need is an Adolf Hitler, or an Oswald Mosley style leader to sort out our problems and bring us back onto the map.
Are you serious? And do you plan to be that Adolph Hitler?

Oswald Mosley was a better example than Adolf Hitler. xp

...The king of England should have such power. (I say king because let's face it, the queen shall not be in power for much longer, and the chance of there being another queen any time soon is highly unlikely thankfully.)
I think a dictatorship would work but only if the dictator isn't an insane maniac after world domination and elimination of minorities.  

SYFFER

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:58 pm
Longbow UK
Falathrim
Yeah, we could always use some more Hitlers.

I know what you mean, but you probably could have used a better dictator.

Nothing ever gets done in our country, either, if the complaints are to be believed. Yet, for some reason or other, we still remain the world's only superpower. The presence of democracy isn't England's problem, I'm afraid.

As I said, Oswald Mosley was a better example...

...and I wouldn't say America was the world's only superpower. It is the most powerful at present, yes, but there are many others. England is still a world superpower, as is France.
Ahem, forgetting Canada are we? stare We are one of the Eight powers you know.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:58 pm
Longbow UK
...The king of England should have such power. (I say king because let's face it, the queen shall not be in power for much longer, and the chance of there being another queen any time soon is highly unlikely thankfully.)

...why are queens a bad thing?

SYFFER
I do not agree what you say sir but I will defend to the death your right to say it (a famous history proverb about democracy)

Yeah, I've heard that before. Who hasn't? Though it would be nice to know why you disagree. razz

And why am I the only one to ever trim the quote trees?  

Falathrim

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:01 pm
SYFFER
Longbow UK
SYFFER
Longbow UK
Falathrim
Longbow UK
'Tis a shame that, but true none the less. neutral Royalty should have control over the country as it once did.

...are you insane?

Yes. lol But that's irrelevant. Nothing gets done in this country. Why? Because we don't have a single leader or a solid dictatorship. What we need is an Adolf Hitler, or an Oswald Mosley style leader to sort out our problems and bring us back onto the map.
Are you serious? And do you plan to be that Adolph Hitler?

Oswald Mosley was a better example than Adolf Hitler. xp

I think a dictatorship would work but only if the dictator isn't an insane maniac after world domination and elimination of minorities.

If you're referring to the Jews, Hitler was right to do something about them. However the way he went about it was wrong. Exporting them, yes. Eradicating them, no. Bad idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:02 pm
...it's pretty much accepted in the international community that while there are still several powers, such as England and Canada, America is the superpower, with China quickly rising to superpower status.  

Falathrim

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:02 pm
Aha you're not the only tree trimmer it seems 3nodding

I disagree with dictatorship. Simply because people have been fighting for centuries trying to achieve it. Humans are simply too uncivilized to be ruled with an iron fist. Just as well, one human can't possibly be just and wise enough to rule millions of people. Democracy is needed. It's the voice of the people. The reason it's not working so well is because people are not using it to it's full capacity and the fact that most countries are not actual Democracies. Not the US, UK, or Canada.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:04 pm
China is a world power, yet it's huge population and traditional economy will slow it down. It's still considered a second world country while it claims to be a third world power.  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:04 pm
Falathrim
Longbow UK

...why are queens a bad thing?

SYFFER
I do not agree what you say sir but I will defend to the death your right to say it (a famous history proverb about democracy)

Yeah, I've heard that before. Who hasn't? Though it would be nice to know why you disagree. razz

And why am I the only one to ever trim the quote trees?

I gave the wrong idea there. There is nothing wrong with Queens, however I dislike Queen Elizabeth II. That's what I meant when I said thankfully. sweatdrop

And it's 4:06am. I simply cannot be bothered to trim quotes. lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:07 pm
China's economy is developing at an alarming rate. This, combined with their ginormous population (and as a result ginormous military) will boost them to superpower status by the end of the century.  

Falathrim

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:07 pm
Falathrim
...it's pretty much accepted in the international community that while there are still several powers, such as England and Canada, America is the superpower, with China quickly rising to superpower status.

That will soon change. China won't last long. It's growing too fast. (Poor explanation, but i'm too tired to explain in more detail.) Basically they will drive themselves into ruin.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:08 pm
Falathrim
China's economy is developing at an alarming rate. This, combined with their ginormous population (and as a result ginormous military) will boost them to superpower status by the end of the century.
Population means nothing now adays when it comes to military power. It's all nuclear warfare now.  

SYFFER

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:09 pm
Longbow UK
That will soon change. China won't last long. It's growing too fast. (Poor explanation, but i'm too tired to explain in more detail.) Basically they will drive themselves into ruin.

There are many who disagree.

I don't claim to be an expert one economics (good lord no!), but the sources I tend to trust have said that China will one day be a superpower. Could I be wrong? Possibly; and I hope so.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:10 pm
Falathrim
Longbow UK

There are many who disagree.

I don't claim to be an expert one economics (good lord no!), but the sources I tend to trust have said that China will one day be a superpower. Could I be wrong? Possibly; and I hope so.
I agree. China is rising substantially and will most likely become a world power but to what extent? Will it be the strongest?  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:12 pm
SYFFER
Falathrim
Population means nothing now adays when it comes to military power. It's all nuclear warfare now.

Exactly. If America and China were to go to war it would be a cold war. No doubt about that.

China would most likely outmatch America on the battlefield due to the size of its army, but the war would not be faught like that. It would be an arms race of nuclear weapons, which the USA would most likely win.

Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games