Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25429 25430 25431 25432 25433 25434 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Also, are there any thoughts on Steam Box?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Ok I can't imagine the N64 doing that at all. Maybe the system itself is capable of doing better, but I'm sure with 700+ Pokemon and a s**t ton of other stuff, the game is gonna be too big to make the all of the graphics look 100%. It's not like they're ugly.

They do look like some of the games that pushed the original DS's graphical hardware to its maximum capacity, if not a bit better. They could have just made slightly nicer sprites, but they finally upgraded to full 3D. You can't really complain at all. -.- It's funny to think how Pokemon games used to only be 8-bit. We're so spoiled now.

I hope the starters aren't dual types. Sometimes those have way too many weaknesses.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm

The Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy games on the DS these two games most closely resemble had really glaring textures, too. I only saw pixelation on anything once in the trailer.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Meta_Fish
Someone noticed that the starters are using attacks outside of their types, too, so they all might be dual types from the start, which would be pretty neat. Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, I think? Interesting, but it might be a little complicated for newbies to wrap their heads around.

Fish, newbies shouldn't be joining the fight this late anyway.
If it's some kid, give em a Gameboy and Blue/Red version, they can start where we did.

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Deathgod of Legend
Meta_Fish
Someone noticed that the starters are using attacks outside of their types, too, so they all might be dual types from the start, which would be pretty neat. Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, I think? Interesting, but it might be a little complicated for newbies to wrap their heads around.

Fish, newbies shouldn't be joining the fight this late anyway.
If it's some kid, give em a Gameboy and Blue/Red version, they can start where we did.
I hope you're being cheeky.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Jaycorn
Ok I can't imagine the N64 doing that at all. Maybe the system itself is capable of doing better, but I'm sure with 700+ Pokemon and a s**t ton of other stuff, the game is gonna be too big to make the all of the graphics look 100%. It's not like they're ugly.

They do look like some of the games that pushed the original DS's graphical hardware to its maximum capacity, if not a bit better. They could have just made slightly nicer sprites, but they finally upgraded to full 3D. You can't really complain at all. -.- It's funny to think how Pokemon games used to only be 8-bit. We're so spoiled now.

I hope the starters aren't dual types. Sometimes those have way too many weaknesses.

Honestly, Bug/steel or almost any _____/steel type is pretty strong.
Same goes with dragon type but if there's anymore like Leavanny (bug/grass), I'm going to kill someone.

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Meta_Fish
I hope you're being cheeky.

I'm being an elitist p***k. emotion_donotwant
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:01 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They look almost exactly on par. More than enough to prove my point, at least.

I like the bird legendary.

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Yeah, shut up, David.

Waynebrizzle

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:25 pm

That screenshot doesn't even have a background
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:27 pm

I just think the games look awesome and you might be getting kinda nitpicky. I admit they look similar to the FFDQ games, but those games looked really good, textures aside, on the DS and these games look really good, too. We wanted 3D for everything and we got it-for everything, along with cel-shading on it all. It's leaps and bounds above the N64 Pokemon games and the cel-shading gives it a push beyond the GCN/Wii Pokemon games too.

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:34 pm

The battles themselves are pretty much perfect-looking. Do you spend more time in battle or in the overworld?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:34 pm

I can't be bothered to go image/video-hunting, but even on the iOS ports of the Final Fantasy (DS) remakes, the character models had very obvious pixelation that looks like night and day when compared to the glimpses we got of the HUMAN models in XY, not to mention the Pokemon looking pretty much flawless and all having the best animation we've ever seen, on top of the overworld actually looking a lot better than the FFDQ DS games, where you can see the "gradients" in individual pixels on pretty much every texture-something you also can't really see in this trailer.

Pokemon fans: WE WANT 3D GOD DAMMIT ENOUGH OF THIS PIXEL f*****t SHITSAUCE
Nintendo: okay here's a 3d game using 3d models from pokedex pro with cel-shading and a fully 3d world for the first time you're also taller than 10 pixels for the first time, try over 100 pixels
Pokemon fans: NOT ******** 3D ENOUGH f*****t

It looks fine (I think).

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Jaycorn
The battles themselves are pretty much perfect-looking. Do you spend more time in battle or in the overworld?
I'd say it's about 50/50 for me, maybe more time in battles, but the battles are what I'd want to look impressive, anyway, and so far, they do. Why is no one talking about how the battle animations are so much better than they've ever been?
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25429 25430 25431 25432 25433 25434 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games