Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25456 25457 25458 25459 25460 25461 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Ni No Kuni is not a game that can be demo'd.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Zephyrkitty
FE has permadeath and Megaten has two types of instakill spells. This will end well.
Pretty excited about it, though. I really like both series and it'd be another incentive to buy a Wii U.

I'm not liking how the Wind Waker remake looks so far. The character models look weird, and it really stands out since the style of the original game looked so nice.
There's a mode in awakening (the only mode available in the demo) which turns off permadeath. probably the only way I'll ever play it. I'll be mighty mad if there are like... endings and s**t you can only get with the other mode. Also in the "classic" mode you cannot save everywhere.

My experience with fire emblem is pretty limited to path of radiance. I picked that one back up earlier today and remembered why I put it down. It has no really respect for your time. I couldn't seem to fast forward or skip anything and it really bothered the hell out of me.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Trenn Flashkill
Majora's Mask is garbage and anyone who likes it is garbage. GAR. BAGE.

I'm the most kick a** garbage you'll ever see. ninja
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill
Majora's Mask is garbage and anyone who likes it is garbage. GAR. BAGE.

I'm the most kick a** garbage you'll ever see. ninja

You wanna fight? I'll fight you.

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 pm

[Kegan]
Zephyrkitty
FE has permadeath and Megaten has two types of instakill spells. This will end well.
Pretty excited about it, though. I really like both series and it'd be another incentive to buy a Wii U.

I'm not liking how the Wind Waker remake looks so far. The character models look weird, and it really stands out since the style of the original game looked so nice.
There's a mode in awakening (the only mode available in the demo) which turns off permadeath. probably the only way I'll ever play it. I'll be mighty mad if there are like... endings and s**t you can only get with the other mode. Also in the "classic" mode you cannot save everywhere.

My experience with fire emblem is pretty limited to path of radiance. I picked that one back up earlier today and remembered why I put it down. It has no really respect for your time. I couldn't seem to fast forward or skip anything and it really bothered the hell out of me.

Skipping scenes is nice when you're replaying for extra stuff (I've had a few games actually add the option once you clear the game once, although I couldn't speak for how FE handles things), but it's not really something you need your first time through. Especially when the game is pretty story and/or character driven.

Skimming through a guide makes it sound like you pick one of two endings in story, so you're probably okay.

Permadeath systems end up resulting in me resetting a ton since I can never have anyone die, but their existence doesn't really bother me provided the battle system is fair. And as long as the game doesn't do something stupid like require losing characters to unlock everything.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 am

OoT > Majora's Mask

None of this running out of time bull. The masks are really cool but not enough to make me want to go through all that. It only has like, four dungeons right? Probably just seems hard because you're running out of time and having to redo s**t.

OoT was actually in my dream last night. I got to play it with my old bestie like in the early 2000s except now and it was amazing emotion_kirakira

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:06 am

Zephyrkitty
permadeath and Megaten has two types of instakill spells. This will end well.

Fire Emblem: Awakening has a new "casual" mode without permadeaths. Hopefully this one will have that as well (or just no permadeaths at all) so the mudo/hama won't be too big of an issue.

If it's unreasonable like that, I'm gonna pass on it for sure. sweatdrop Unless if any Persona characters show up... fkljdlsj
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:38 am

Zephyrkitty
[Kegan]
Zephyrkitty

Skipping scenes is nice when you're replaying for extra stuff (I've had a few games actually add the option once you clear the game once, although I couldn't speak for how FE handles things), but it's not really something you need your first time through. Especially when the game is pretty story and/or character driven.

Skimming through a guide makes it sound like you pick one of two endings in story, so you're probably okay.

Permadeath systems end up resulting in me resetting a ton since I can never have anyone die, but their existence doesn't really bother me provided the battle system is fair. And as long as the game doesn't do something stupid like require losing characters to unlock everything.
I reeeeally don't want to wait through every battle animation. I bet you can turn it off from the options, but I'd also love a button to make the slow enemy turns not excruciatingly long.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:24 am

Trenn Flashkill
Ni No Kuni is not a game that can be demo'd.

This might be true. The demo decides what you go into the boss battle with, and it doesn't necessarily give you all the HP- and MP-refilling items you need. If you run out of MP, there's like no way to win. I couldn't beat the volcano boss, it ran out of time but I would have lost anyway because no MP.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:30 am

Trenn Flashkill

But... I'm a pacifist.

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:03 am

Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill

But... I'm a pacifist.

If you were a true pacifist, you wouldn't play violent games like Zelda where attack folks with swords and slingshots and junk! Evil folks, but still!

You must only play little girl games.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:09 pm

Luigi's mansion has online multiplayer and dead space 3 has micro-transactions.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Jaycorn

If you were a true pacifist, you wouldn't play violent games like Zelda where attack folks with swords and slingshots and junk! Evil folks, but still!

You must only play little girl games.

I'm kinda like a monk, I only attack defensively.
In all fairness, many things in LoZ attempt to kill you.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:36 pm

i fight offensively with words.

Xilo The Odd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm

How could anyone give Fossil Fighters a 5.9/10 rating? It was so good! crying
Wow, this reviewer even misspelled Vivosaur. Clearly he didn't even play through the whole game before writing a review to damage its rep. If we don't get Fossil Fighters 3D, I'm blaming him. -_-
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25456 25457 25458 25459 25460 25461 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games