Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25465 25466 25467 25468 25469 25470 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Deathgod of Legend
Zephyrkitty

It might have been this.

I remember considering that when it was announced. I probably would have gotten it if there had been more games I was interested in at that point.

A Fire Emblem one was announced pretty recently too.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Deathgod of Legend
Zephyrkitty

I preferred the atmosphere and story of the first DeSu, but the characters and battle system of the second. I really enjoyed both, although I'd rank P4 and P3P over both of them. I still need to play most of the other MegaTen games. sweatdrop

Between Soul Hackers and Pokémon X/Y I need to get a 3DS. I'm kind of hoping Nintendo might announce an NA release of the Pikachu 3DS, because it'd make finally buying the thing really easy.

I just really like the type of turn based strategy in DS2, P4G was really fun, I'm actually on my second play through right now but the way DS2 worked... you could never get the same dialogue in one of your playthroughs because the game constantly advanced as opposed to P4G being your average RPG. I use the term "Average" loosely.

I did see something about a special 3DS in the making... I forget for which game though.
Also, there's Monster Hunter for the 3DS to look forward to as well but I think the multiplayer on the 3DS is only local, not wifi.

I have some problems with the DeSu battle system (specifically things like physical attackers being useless towards the end of the first game and Multi-Strike being all kinds of broken in the second), but overall it's a neat system and I definitely like how it plays overall. I kind of like turn-based strategy games in general, though.

I get what you're saying. Even really unimportant scenes in DeSu 2 can change a lot depending on who you do or don't save, and then you have all of the endings. P4 is a lot more straight-forward there, although I thought the game's pacing and consistency helped you get more attached to the characters and Inaba. P4's also a considerably longer game, though; having dialogue change massively in it would make it a nightmare to complete. gonk

(Also, I'd definitely recommend checking out the first game if you liked DeSu 2. It plays very similarly, and it got a 3DS port with voice acting and some new features a while back.)

I never really got into Monster Hunter. I bought Tri for my brother as a gift, but I've never actually played it. sweatdrop

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:21 am

YOUR AFFECTIOOON, YOUR AFFECTIOOON TAKING PRIDE FROM FEAR
PAST WILL TELL YOU WHEN TO MAEK YOURSELF A HEROOOOO
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 pm

So, in the wake of you guys posting about P4G and just reading about Dokuro and now Muramasa: Rebirth... I'm considering getting a Vita (eventually).
Is this a good idea? Thoughts, anyone?
I know "PS has no games" but as someone who never had a PSP or anything I think I could find some.

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:05 pm

[Kegan]
http://vimeo.com/58179094

Sogood. Jeez. whee
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:29 pm

It's an amazing idea because it would allow you to play both P3P and P4G. That's at LEAST 150 hours of gameplay right there.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:44 pm

I_love_Inuyasha1
So, in the wake of you guys posting about P4G and just reading about Dokuro and now Muramasa: Rebirth... I'm considering getting a Vita (eventually).
I know "PS has no games" but as someone who never had a PSP or anything I think I could find some.

I can give you atleast 4 good reasons to get a Playstation Vita.
Reason 1
Reason 2
Reason 3
Reason 4, if you're a fan and even if not, still pretty cool

Aside from that, it takes pictures, videos, good for Skype, Youtube, music.
I got it the day it came out. It has low sales but only because there are very few good games on it.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:18 pm

I_love_Inuyasha1

WHAT? Oh come on, the game did well on wii in Japan, so why is vanillaware making everything on sony consoles now? This is horse hockey, man!

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:20 pm

you're super sprode that is what you are
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Thank you, I think.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:21 pm

so super sprode the cutest fans by far
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:38 pm

Deathgod of Legend
I_love_Inuyasha1

I can give you atleast 4 good reasons to get a Playstation Vita.
Reason 1
Reason 2
Reason 3
Reason 4, if you're a fan and even if not, still pretty cool

Aside from that, it takes pictures, videos, good for Skype, Youtube, music.
I got it the day it came out. It has low sales but only because there are very few good games on it.
A multiplatform release, a port and an unreleased game that hasn't even been demoed.

I'm not saying your reasons are invalid, but rather I'm definitely implying that they aren't that great.

Oh, and I guess I forgot Ragnarok odyssey, a game based on Ragnarok online, I guess? Yeah whatever.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:52 pm

dungeon lands pretty fun for fans of dungeon crawlers.

i hope they get some of the first day bugs fixed. they are manegable but with how the game is my comp should handel it in multi flawlessly on max settings.

it dont.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:37 am

[Kegan]
I_love_Inuyasha1

WHAT? Oh come on, the game did well on wii in Japan, so why is vanillaware making everything on sony consoles now? This is horse hockey, man!
It's a port, but why it's heading to the Vita is a bit of a mystery.

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25465 25466 25467 25468 25469 25470 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games