Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:17 pm
Longbow UK
SYFFER
Falathrim
China's economy is developing at an alarming rate. This, combined with their ginormous population (and as a result ginormous military) will boost them to superpower status by the end of the century.
Population means nothing now adays when it comes to military power. It's all nuclear warfare now.

Exactly. If America and China were to go to war it would be a cold war. No doubt about that.

China would most likely outmatch America on the battlefield due to the size of its army, but the war would not be faught like that. It would be an arms race of nuclear weapons, which the USA would most likely win.
It's "fought" not "faught". Who's making the spelling mistakes now? wink

It's true the US would win since it spends the majority of it's budget on the military instead of on it's people like it should. However if even one sixteenth (if I'm remembering correctly) is set off, the world would be plunged into Nuclear Winter where everyone would freeze and the world would be transformed into a desolate frozen desert with no life.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:18 pm
Falathrim
Longbow UK
That will soon change. China won't last long. It's growing too fast. (Poor explanation, but i'm too tired to explain in more detail.) Basically they will drive themselves into ruin.

There are many who disagree.

I don't claim to be an expert one economics (good lord no!), but the sources I tend to trust have said that China will one day be a superpower. Could I be wrong? Possibly; and I hope so.

Who knows what will happen in years to come? Nobody can say for certain. One thing I cannot see happening if China does rise to power is America tolerating it. Not just due to the communism side of it, but simply there being another superpower in the world. If there's a cold war maybe they'll both drive one another into economic ruin. (hopefully) In which case England can rise up.  

Khorkalba

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:20 pm
Longbow UK
Falathrim
Longbow UK
That will soon change. China won't last long. It's growing too fast. (Poor explanation, but i'm too tired to explain in more detail.) Basically they will drive themselves into ruin.

I don't claim to be an expert one economics (good lord no!), but the sources I tend to trust have said that China will one day be a superpower. Could I be wrong? Possibly; and I hope so.

Who knows what will happen in years to come? Nobody can say for certain. One thing I cannot see happening if China does rise to power is America tolerating it. Not just due to the communism side of it, but simply there being another superpower in the world. If there's a cold war maybe they'll both drive one another into economic ruin. (hopefully) In which case England can rise up.
True. Only England wouldn't last very long due to it's dependence on China's and the US's economy. In such a case, The Middle Eatsern Powers such as Saudi Arabia would most likely prosper.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:21 pm
SYFFER
Longbow UK
SYFFER
Falathrim
China's economy is developing at an alarming rate. This, combined with their ginormous population (and as a result ginormous military) will boost them to superpower status by the end of the century.
Population means nothing now adays when it comes to military power. It's all nuclear warfare now.

Exactly. If America and China were to go to war it would be a cold war. No doubt about that.

China would most likely outmatch America on the battlefield due to the size of its army, but the war would not be faught like that. It would be an arms race of nuclear weapons, which the USA would most likely win.

Come on... It's 4:21am in the bloody morning! What do you expect?

...I'm amazed i've lasted this long in a political discussion at this time. xd

Khorkalba

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:23 pm
Longbow UK
SYFFER
Longbow UK
SYFFER
Falathrim

Come on... It's 4:21am in the bloody morning! What do you expect?

...I'm amazed i've lasted this long in a political discussion at this time. xd
Don't you just love political discussions? My brain is itchy xp  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:24 pm
SYFFER
Longbow UK
Falathrim
Longbow UK

True. Only England wouldn't last very long due to it's dependence on China's and the US's economy. In such a case, The Middle Eatsern Powers such as Saudi Arabia would most likely prosper.

That is complete and utter rubbish. lol Why do people think England (and Europe) is dependant and foreign trades and economies? Unlike what happened after the wallstreet crash we are not recovering from a world war. And we survived that, did we not? wink

If American and Chinese economies fell, it would be but a small knock to England. Yes, we would go through some rough years, but we would eventually come out stronger than ever.

Khorkalba

Zach McClure

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:27 pm
Right now, China is still pretty scrambled. They have a huge country, with a huge population, but everything's a mess. It has smart enough leaders to realise that they can push the boundries by aiding other countries, but it knows when to stop. I don't think that we have to worry about it until there's a strong offensive measure done. Sure, everyone knows that China wants to kick some butt, but we can't do anything until they actually start.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:27 pm
True yet you can't be that sure. Back int he time of the World Wars, the world was much too different. Witht he way economies have developed we're all in a web of interdependance. If one link breaks, the others will soon snap and down comes the web and the spider wink  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:33 pm
SYFFER
True yet you can't be that sure. Back int he time of the World Wars, the world was much too different. Witht he way economies have developed we're all in a web of interdependance. If one link breaks, the others will soon snap and down comes the web and the spider wink

I can promise you, as a Englishman, that my country does not depend on America or China like that. I'm no expert on world economy, but I do know that if America suffered another depression, England and the rest of Europe would not be as affected by it as we were before. Like I said, it would result in a few rough years, yes. But we wouldn't have things like mass unemployement floating around as we did last time.

We would come out of it stronger.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:36 pm
Longbow UK
SYFFER

I can promise you, as a Englishman, that my country does not depend on America or China like that. I'm no expert on world economy, but I do know that if America suffered another depression, England and the rest of Europe would not be as affected by it as we were before. Like I said, it would result in a few rough years, yes. But we wouldn't have things like mass unemployement floating around as we did last time.

We would come out of it stronger.
I don't think it's going to be long now until the US's economy fails. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm going to take a little break and eat something. Longbow you should go to bed already, an Englishman needs his sleep and then his mourning tea you know whee  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:43 pm
I don't drink tea. Tea is horrid. stressed I'll have a nice bowl of Weetabix in the morning late afternoon when I wake up though. xd

*Sneaks off to bed mumbling about dictatorship, the overthrowing of America, and world domination*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:49 pm
Your claim that England would not be terribly harmed if America's economy broke is pure arrogance on your behalf. The world economy has become increasingly global since the days of the World Wars, and if any part in the huge web were to become broken, all other parts would suffer. If England were to collapse, American would reel from it. If America were to fall, England would be harmed.  

Falathrim

Zach McClure

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:54 pm
Falathrim
Your claim that England would not be terribly harmed if America's economy broke is pure arrogance on your behalf. The world economy has become increasingly global since the days of the World Wars, and if any part in the huge web were to become broken, all other parts would suffer. If England were to collapse, American would reel from it. If America were to fall, England would be harmed.

Another note to add to that is to go back to the talk about China. So much of our labor (Yes, in England too) is shipped off to China, where it can be done cheaply. If that were to falter, suddenly, we would have to do all that labor ourselves, but because we have things like minimum wage and health insurance, prices would go through the roof to keep up.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:07 pm
Well that was interesting. It's been a pleasure to converse with you gentlemen about such important manners. Good day.

And now that we turned off INTELLECTUAL MODE, we can go back to our unintelligent rabble... Shall we?  

SYFFER

Elainya

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:34 pm
SYFFER
Well that was interesting. It's been a pleasure to converse with you gentlemen about such important manners. Good day.

And now that we turned off INTELLECTUAL MODE, we can go back to our unintelligent rabble... Shall we?

But unintelligant rambling is so commonplace. It gets really tiresome after a while.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games