Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25514 25515 25516 25517 25518 25519 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:34 pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:28 pm

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-conan-obrien-reviews-tomb-raider

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 am

IT IS 5:30 AM. I HAVE A TEST LATER THIS MORNING. I CANNOT SLEEP BECAUSE MY MOM'S BOYFRIEND IS ******** LVU AOFDUD LOud
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:14 am

Also I changed my username yay

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Runner2 is out!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 pm

That's funny, I thought you didn't care about it!

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:22 pm

The Eleventh AK

Somehow I doubt that. razz
You should all buy it through the bundle!
...Unless you wanna buy it on Wii U.
...Or if you don't wanna buy it at all. crying
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Wii U version sounded good on their blog

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 pm

The Eleventh AK
I don't care that much, but I can still announce when a game is out. =P

Got it on PC for cheevos and TF2 shoes and for the fact that my Wii U is in the living room now and I'd rather not punch my d**k off in the living room. I might get it on Wii U later if there's a sale just to support it and have Miiverse.

That said... what the ******** happened? It's weird the direction they took with a lot of things in it.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Had to read "punch my d**k off" 3 times for some reason. First I was like "?," Then I was like "oh," then I was like "no wait," then I got that it meant you would get mad.

yes...... i thought youd beat it off to commander video

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 pm

The graphics look awesome in all the footage I've seen.

Honestly I'm starting to feel like doing the retro thing is becoming a bit old-hat.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 pm

The Eleventh AK
The graphics look awesome in all the footage I've seen.

Honestly I'm starting to feel like doing the retro thing is becoming a bit old-hat.
Not the graphics, those are more or less fine, it's just a lot of things.

Having pixelated graphics has become kind of overdone, but I still appreciate it. It's more or less just another art style to use now, ala cel-shading in a specific way. It works better for some games than it does others, specifically indie games, which are generally simpler in ideas.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 pm

I like the original BIT.TRIP series because they were all super-unique experiences that were abstract as hell and required you to look closer to see what was going on. The whole series was a commentary on what it's like to be a person-to live and die-and for your whole self, soul and body to return back to from whence it came, to be a part of everything else.

There were some goofy cutscenes but for the most part the series remained pretty serious, while not having to have a man with 5 o' clock shadow commenting on war. It was neat because each time I downloaded one of the games, it was a fresh experience with concept presented in ways that I'd never seen or really thought of before.

Runner2 starts off and there are hills with monocles and mustaches-that's fine. Runner had trees with glasses and other stupid s**t like that (which I still complained about at the time). Then you get to unlock a new character in world 2. Spoilers below.

Reverse Merman. He's a fish on top and a man on the bottom, wearing whitie-tighties and sandals. Pretty funny and seems to be par for the course because the first character you unlock is a pickle man named Uncle Dill. Reverse Merman looks a bit... phallic, though, which is slightly strange. Oh well.

Then you play as him and see that he has huge, hanging, dangling balls. HUGE. When he gets impaled into the target at the end of a stage, they hang off (and it looks bad, kind of like a d**k with balls is going into his a**). Pretty... weird. He is also a checkpoint host for world 2, so if you don't play as him, he sits by the checkpoint and runs with you if you jump over it for a moment. His checkpoint building is a house with a giant crab on it that has a sign which reads "We have crabs!"

...Did Suda have input on this game?

It just seems really weird. I get they were going for something different, but... I don't know. I like crude humor, but having unlocked a character with big dangling balls just doesn't even seem funny to me. I cringed seeing "We have crabs!" What happened? The worst the first six games ever got was having CV dance in a cutscene or a sign that read "BURGER MOUTH."

That's what's mainly bothering me. Then there's the couple of new moves I've seen that are kind of weird-both loop de loops. Why not just add something else rather than a second one? Then there's a few issues where I can't really tell what is an enemy and what's not and stuff. Too much going on and it's hard to see what you need to see. I've also had the camera not move to snap to me fast enough, resulting in me not being able to see gold that I need at all.

And the cannon thing is ******** stupid.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Still pretty proud of that
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25514 25515 25516 25517 25518 25519 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games