Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25517 25518 25519 25520 25521 25522 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:35 pm

User Image
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:54 pm

xd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:57 am

I know it's like 3 AM and this always happens to me but I feel nostalgic yet again about video games and want to like, hide from the Internet and pretend it's the days when gaming was just a thing I and some kids I knew did. That we did first thing in the morning, usually. When voice acting was kept to a minimum and was really simple. Everything was just so... small.

Now, everything's exploded, there's a whole world of gamers on the Internet, everything's connected. Nowadays, you don't go to a game store often and see a big game, like a Mario or Pokemon game or something that you didn't even realize was coming out. When you go on the Internet, it overwhelms you with information on anything you could possibly imagine. It's even got information on you.

I have nostalgia for the Internet, too. Web 1.0. People who knew about Sonic games I didn't know and had art I hadn't seen, people who'd gotten further in Mario 64 than I had, people who knew secrets about how the AI in Super Smash Bros. worked. People who made MIDI versions of Sonic music so you could listen to it even when you weren't playing the game. Yet even then, the Internet, too, seemed smaller, quieter and sort of niche compared to today. You couldn't find everything. Definitely a lot less pervasive, too. I was even blown away the first time I discovered YouTube in 2005 or whatever, and spent my lunch breaks at school alone, on the computer, just being amazed that I could search for any video or song and it would probably be there. It was the whole world in videos, I could browse forever. It was cool at first, and now it's just like, oh, everything's here. There's no mystery anymore, no point in using your imagination. With the Internet as it is today at your fingertips and up your a**, you may as well know everything there is to know, because all the information you could pretty much ever ask for is there.

You can even tell what I mean, perhaps, just by listening to the menu theme for Super Smash Bros. 64 more closely. It's so quiet and simple. Then go and listen to Melee's and Brawl's. Melee's is far more complex and energetic, while Brawl's is even more so. While both are gorgeous pieces of music and both games are great, there's something so pulling and mysterious about SSB's menu theme. It reminds me of how Smash Bros. used to be a small club of 12 characters who were really just small, insignificant dolls in some kid's room. You'd always be reminded of this when you finished 1P mode and the character you chose went back to being a lifeless doll. It was just a game. It didn't take itself too seriously, and the people who played it didn't really, either. I'd thought of it as a party game, not a competitive, fighting game.

I think games in general and the Internet were kinda the same way, and I dunno, it was nice? I miss it. I just know it's not really possible in my life right now to simplify these things to make them like before, because I can't change society. Everything's just gonna get bigger, more complex, the Internet is gonna get more and more present.

I should just cut back on Internet time. I don't wanna spend my whole life as a mind that exists in cyberspace. I wanna feel like a person, with a body. I wanna be present.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:51 am

" User Image "
I'm having a day. Hellloooo..

hauo

Explorer

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:31 am

omg why do I stay up that late the night before a test help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 am

Play minecraft with me!

Download the tekkit launcher, which will allow you to play tekkit without screwing up your bin folder.
http://www.technicpack.net/

Launch in "Tekkit Classic," which is a mod pack.

And then log on to my friend's server, because it is a ghost town, and let me know when you do.

142.4.48.115:25587

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:35 am

I just joined a c***k social network called LINE so I can play LINE games on my phone. Does anyone with a smartphone want to be my friend and we can be kawaii friends
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:58 pm

hauo
" User Image "
I'm having a day. Hellloooo..
ARE U PLANKING OMG LOL

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Actually nevermind the games are too farmville anyway

I want New Leaf sad
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:50 pm

build with me on minecraft :U

Cross breed some flowers~

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Actually I have to go into class...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Can I destroy all your stuff?

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:57 pm

If you saw it you'd know how hard I worked sad
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Also it's not a free-to-grief server. Sorta, live and let live, ya know?

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Looked around, built a hasty hut, awaiting day.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25517 25518 25519 25520 25521 25522 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games