Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

-x Assassin Keet x-

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:37 pm
Hey ^^

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:59 pm
*comforts magni and gives a big hug and some chocolates* I never went to mine not just because of lack of date. I didn't want to give people that hated me a chance to have their fun in tormenting anymore than they did in school, though I did finally stop their actions hehehe.  

Starlight Lotus

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:27 pm
A virtual prom? rolleyes stare talk2hand
LAME! pirate cool domokun

Welcome, Kita!  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:29 pm
*waves hello*  

AlwynRowanwind

Starlight Lotus

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:42 pm
Welcome Kita.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:57 pm
Welcome, Kita! *gluggles and does the Welcome Dance*

*also gluggles Sapphire, Alwyn, Snowman, and Talon*  

Trowa The Fearless

Starlight Lotus

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:05 pm
*gluggles back*  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:20 am
Well we don't have proms over here... don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Have a feeling I wouldn't go to the prom just because I wouldn't be interested~

But a Gaia prom... blegh... I hate most Gaia events nowadays.

I like Project Runway though, so it's kind of cool with the designer outfits (even though they're pretty ugly).  

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:28 am
I see that attitude more and more prevalent in the older gaians, Mou. Not the ones that are aged like me, but been around for a while like us. The oldbies. Those that joined when you only got 435 gold and peasant clothes to start with. Dare I say those that even join earlier. What Gaia has become is a shame, and I almost never leave the guilds anymore. Gaia as a whole is rotten. Fetid and putrefying. A festering sham of what it was once.

***********************RANT WARNING**************************

Gaia prom . . . MTV . . . Popularity contests online . . . Gaia Cash . . . all are nothing more than pandering to the masses in ways that every other site online goes to for young people. Gaia is losing it's identity for profit and popularity with the fickle masses of self-entitled throng. More and more I believe that Kyouske had it right, but I refuse to just give up. The Refuge is going to be run as close to how I remember it when I started as possible, dammit.

**************************END RANT***************************

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:03 am
i actually started with the peasent cloths and the 400 gold. i was so angry when the starteer kits came out. i remember when the hair only had a few options i rememberian stil in his store blonde hair and all i remember having to buy the fishing poll. i remember there only being the slots. i remember when towns started. heak i remember when the front page was blue and i remember how in the middle of the day it turned white and everyone was blinded. it has change but ive yet to leave i like this guild to much lol 3nodding  

AlwynRowanwind

Micaelae

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:04 am
It's cause they sold out. The original owners of the site sold their rights to big media, so they made the whole place more like myspace. I HATE profile pages with a horrible, horrible passion that burns with the white-hot-intensity of a nuclear chain reaction. It is everything that is annoying and stupid about the internet.

-loathes social sites like myspace,facebook,etc.-

I only came to gaia as a result of MSN closing down their chat rooms like 10 years ago, where I first started roleplaying on the internet. I found this place and got my peasant clothes, posted on and off until I got th nice tux and the flower, before all this inflation and garbage over items went crazy.

I'm actually glad the people who made this site made tons of cash(it's what I woulda done), but it's also the reason i've pretty much stopped coming on.

Gaia used to be a plucky lil message board site with cool lil people you could dress up as a fun diversion while you waited for other people to post, and they decided to make it an annoying a** social site instead.

-pant..pant..pant-

Whoo, I haven't made a post like that On Gaia for months.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:23 am
*uber gluggles ivel whom she hasnt seen in forever literaly* i remember going from page to page just to be able to get a castaway shirt and sand shorts. and i was really disturbed when i did the daily chance thing and got both of them in a matter of seconds. ity took hours to get emthe first time.  

AlwynRowanwind

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:41 am
O 2003, how I miss your poverty filled times.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:41 am
Oh man...I remember the peasant clothes.....

That was after this account got hacked and I had to practically beg to get my account back, change my account name and password to keep the hacker from getting the wiser. Course, I lost all the items I had originally at one time from the time I joined back in 2005.

I remember when I was struggling just to try and save up for those felicia dresses. Those were murder back then to save up for. I miss those days too.  

Starlight Lotus

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:00 am
i beleieve i joiuned in 05 or 04 not sure and i remember saving up for those dresses too  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games