Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25518 25519 25520 25521 25522 25523 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

hauo

Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm

[Kegan]
hauo
" User Image "
I'm having a day. Hellloooo..
ARE U PLANKING OMG LOL

More like. *Come home from work* 'I'm done.'
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Meta_Fish
I like the original BIT.TRIP series because they were all super-unique experiences that were abstract as hell and required you to look closer to see what was going on. The whole series was a commentary on what it's like to be a person-to live and die-and for your whole self, soul and body to return back to from whence it came, to be a part of everything else.

There were some goofy cutscenes but for the most part the series remained pretty serious, while not having to have a man with 5 o' clock shadow commenting on war. It was neat because each time I downloaded one of the games, it was a fresh experience with concept presented in ways that I'd never seen or really thought of before.

Runner2 starts off and there are hills with monocles and mustaches-that's fine. Runner had trees with glasses and other stupid s**t like that (which I still complained about at the time). Then you get to unlock a new character in world 2. Spoilers below.

Reverse Merman. He's a fish on top and a man on the bottom, wearing whitie-tighties and sandals. Pretty funny and seems to be par for the course because the first character you unlock is a pickle man named Uncle Dill. Reverse Merman looks a bit... phallic, though, which is slightly strange. Oh well.

Then you play as him and see that he has huge, hanging, dangling balls. HUGE. When he gets impaled into the target at the end of a stage, they hang off (and it looks bad, kind of like a d**k with balls is going into his a**). Pretty... weird. He is also a checkpoint host for world 2, so if you don't play as him, he sits by the checkpoint and runs with you if you jump over it for a moment. His checkpoint building is a house with a giant crab on it that has a sign which reads "We have crabs!"

...Did Suda have input on this game?

It just seems really weird. I get they were going for something different, but... I don't know. I like crude humor, but having unlocked a character with big dangling balls just doesn't even seem funny to me. I cringed seeing "We have crabs!" What happened? The worst the first six games ever got was having CV dance in a cutscene or a sign that read "BURGER MOUTH."

That's what's mainly bothering me. Then there's the couple of new moves I've seen that are kind of weird-both loop de loops. Why not just add something else rather than a second one? Then there's a few issues where I can't really tell what is an enemy and what's not and stuff. Too much going on and it's hard to see what you need to see. I've also had the camera not move to snap to me fast enough, resulting in me not being able to see gold that I need at all.

And the cannon thing is ******** stupid.

Yeah... I dunno what happened.
But mostly this game just gives me eye strain and headaches.
That and the usual anger makes this game impossible to play for long periods of time.

I'm so bad at the cannon.

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:08 pm

It gives me a lot of anger too and it's too hard to see s**t when it's moving that fast and is 3D and also the new characters are retarded
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:39 pm

The cannon is a terrible addition and I don't even know how to double or triple perfect things--not sure I want to!

Not a huge fan of the new characters, either. Dill is... alright, Reverse Merman is terrible, Commandgirl is decent and the Hamburger guy looks kinda funny, I guess.

Also, just found a stage called "Morning Wood." I get it. I GET IT

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Rad Electropow
Looked around, built a hasty hut, awaiting day.
Is this your first time playing tekkit?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 pm

I don't like to plug my own s**t that much anymore, but if anyone had any input on this, it would be appreciated. Input involves: Votes, new ideas, prop-building tips/ideas, etc.

http://iamemir.tumblr.com/post/44186484967/i-need-help-picking-a-costume-for-pax-east-next

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:34 pm

A lot of the ideas seem hard to do well. With a cosplayer's budget and supplies, especially. Like a luchador mask that looks right, or a not ridiculously expensive good looking proto buster.

A phanto mask might be easy to make, though. Paper mache or straight up sculpy. (Would be heavier/more expensive)

If you can grow a beard, Jigen would be crazy easy, but your hair's a little light.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Phanto's kinda become part of your internet persona, though. The key couldn't be that hard to make, and since it's an 8 bit item, it probably wouldn't seem super weird if it were just flat.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:42 pm

A paper mache mask that goes over the mouth could be really uncomfortable after being breathed on for a while, though... Uhhhhh
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:02 pm

I've kind of ruled out Jigen, Meta Knight and Protoman for now. Mask COULD be doable, since I've found some Etsy shops where you can get some fast wrestling masks made, but PAX doesn't really allow gun-looking weapons and he might look weird without his guns.

I'm leaning most towards Phanto, though if that proves to be too hard, Rocket Grunt would be an easy fallback. I have some ideas for the props for that too, and the costume in general that I'll post after work tomorrow.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:05 pm

I might not do a pixel mask or key, either. The roundness of the mask would look kind of weird on my face, I think, and it might be neat to see a more realistic interpretation.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Meta_Fish

Also, just found a stage called "Morning Wood." I get it. I GET IT

I saw that too and was like -_-

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm

I sent applications out today to Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts for both scholarships and the Studio Assistant program.

I'm pretty excited and relieved now that I've finally sent the envelope.I know I'll think of things I could have done better, but I think I did alright. I really hope I get to go! It won't be for credit or anything. Just for me.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:02 pm

16-bit Jazzy
Now, everything's exploded, there's a whole world of gamers on the Internet, everything's connected. Nowadays, you don't go to a game store often and see a big game, like a Mario or Pokemon game or something that you didn't even realize was coming out. When you go on the Internet, it overwhelms you with information on anything you could possibly imagine. It's even got information on you.

I'd argue that being so connected can be an extremely good thing though. Using your game example: Yeah, now you know about games coming out months (sometimes years) in advance so there aren't any real surprises. At the same time, knowing about things so far in advance means that you have a lot of time to figure out what you're interested in and save up money for it, and it means that you'll know about any special editions or bonuses pretty far in advance too.

Being constantly connected has its drawbacks too - some of the stuff you can find just from googling people is pretty ridiculous - but information being more accessible isn't automatically bad.

Also, while you're not going to walk into a store and see some big game you'd never heard of sitting on the shelf, finding something rare or that you're interested in at used game shops, garage sales, etc. can elicit a very similar feeling.

16-bit Jazzy
I have nostalgia for the Internet, too. Web 1.0. People who knew about Sonic games I didn't know and had art I hadn't seen, people who'd gotten further in Mario 64 than I had, people who knew secrets about how the AI in Super Smash Bros. worked. People who made MIDI versions of Sonic music so you could listen to it even when you weren't playing the game. Yet even then, the Internet, too, seemed smaller, quieter and sort of niche compared to today. You couldn't find everything. Definitely a lot less pervasive, too. I was even blown away the first time I discovered YouTube in 2005 or whatever, and spent my lunch breaks at school alone, on the computer, just being amazed that I could search for any video or song and it would probably be there. It was the whole world in videos, I could browse forever. It was cool at first, and now it's just like, oh, everything's here. There's no mystery anymore, no point in using your imagination. With the Internet as it is today at your fingertips and up your a**, you may as well know everything there is to know, because all the information you could pretty much ever ask for is there.

I think the internet in general is in the same boat. Yeah, we know it has everything so some of the mystery is gone. On the other hand, we know it has everything so if I want something I can probably find it pretty easily. It's less mysterious but a lot more convenient, and I don't know that that's necessarily a bad thing.

I remember first getting linked to YouTube by someone saying that you could watch One Piece there. I think a lot of my early YouTube time was spent watching anime and AMVs, actually. XD

Aside from that, if you feel like you need to cut back on internet time for whatever reason then go for it. I probably should too, honestly.

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 am

Man, Runner 2 sucks. They didn't even try to be artsy and pretentious.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25518 25519 25520 25521 25522 25523 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games