Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25519 25520 25521 25522 25523 25524 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 am

The Eleventh AK
Man, Runner 2 sucks. They didn't even try to be artsy and pretentious.
It's almost like you were an enjoyable human being at one point!

or

You should get your haircut like CommanderVideo, because you overrate any game that's released in the past two weeks!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:46 am

dicks huhuhuh

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:52 am

Zephyrkitty
16-bit Jazzy
Now, everything's exploded, there's a whole world of gamers on the Internet, everything's connected. Nowadays, you don't go to a game store often and see a big game, like a Mario or Pokemon game or something that you didn't even realize was coming out. When you go on the Internet, it overwhelms you with information on anything you could possibly imagine. It's even got information on you.

I'd argue that being so connected can be an extremely good thing though. Using your game example: Yeah, now you know about games coming out months (sometimes years) in advance so there aren't any real surprises. At the same time, knowing about things so far in advance means that you have a lot of time to figure out what you're interested in and save up money for it, and it means that you'll know about any special editions or bonuses pretty far in advance too.

Being constantly connected has its drawbacks too - some of the stuff you can find just from googling people is pretty ridiculous - but information being more accessible isn't automatically bad.

Also, while you're not going to walk into a store and see some big game you'd never heard of sitting on the shelf, finding something rare or that you're interested in at used game shops, garage sales, etc. can elicit a very similar feeling.

16-bit Jazzy
I have nostalgia for the Internet, too. Web 1.0. People who knew about Sonic games I didn't know and had art I hadn't seen, people who'd gotten further in Mario 64 than I had, people who knew secrets about how the AI in Super Smash Bros. worked. People who made MIDI versions of Sonic music so you could listen to it even when you weren't playing the game. Yet even then, the Internet, too, seemed smaller, quieter and sort of niche compared to today. You couldn't find everything. Definitely a lot less pervasive, too. I was even blown away the first time I discovered YouTube in 2005 or whatever, and spent my lunch breaks at school alone, on the computer, just being amazed that I could search for any video or song and it would probably be there. It was the whole world in videos, I could browse forever. It was cool at first, and now it's just like, oh, everything's here. There's no mystery anymore, no point in using your imagination. With the Internet as it is today at your fingertips and up your a**, you may as well know everything there is to know, because all the information you could pretty much ever ask for is there.

I think the internet in general is in the same boat. Yeah, we know it has everything so some of the mystery is gone. On the other hand, we know it has everything so if I want something I can probably find it pretty easily. It's less mysterious but a lot more convenient, and I don't know that that's necessarily a bad thing.

I remember first getting linked to YouTube by someone saying that you could watch One Piece there. I think a lot of my early YouTube time was spent watching anime and AMVs, actually. XD

Aside from that, if you feel like you need to cut back on internet time for whatever reason then go for it. I probably should too, honestly.

I know that a lot of the improvements made are great and really convenient, but sometimes I just want to go back to a simpler time, and it bothers me that it's not possible to do so, really. Even for a short time. I'm pretty sure if I got teleported back in time, I'd end up wanting to come back to the future after awhile.

And yeah, but cutting back on the Internet is harddd because like half the things I ever have to do require it ~.~
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:23 am

I'm so glad it's March. That means no more snow soon, hopefully! I LOVE SPRING AND SUMMER

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:34 am

Actually getting addicted to LINE Play. ><
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:21 am

Rad Electropow
Looked around, built a hasty hut, awaiting day.
:U I can see your house from my house. did you see my house?

[Kegan]
Play minecraft with me!

Download the tekkit launcher, which will allow you to play tekkit without screwing up your bin folder.
http://www.technicpack.net/

Launch in "Tekkit Classic," which is a mod pack.

And then log on to my friend's server, because it is a ghost town, and let me know when you do.

142.4.48.115:25587

plz do

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:23 pm

I don't even understand what is tekkit???????

Is it in creative mode and can you fly?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Meta_Fish
The Eleventh AK
Man, Runner 2 sucks. They didn't even try to be artsy and pretentious.
It's almost like you were an enjoyable human being at one point!

or

You should get your haircut like CommanderVideo, because you overrate any game that's released in the past two weeks!

oops i hit a nerve

actually I thought DmC was a fun action game and really visually impressive, but that the characters were pretty 2-dimensional and Dante was cool at the beginning but sorta just turned into "generic a*****e" (and my thing on facebook about wanting hair like him was a joke, but apparently made a pretty big impression on you) and Rising has a good sense of humor and the cutting mechanic is bad-a** but they don't tell you how to play or how the combat works which is bullshit, and the environments so far are all just boring gray buildings but I posted about a few parts I liked and that totally means I think they're completely flawless

and if having different taste in games than you makes me unenjoyable... oh ********' no except for I gave up trying to impress you with that a long time ago when I realized it's ******** sad to define people by what toys they play with.

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:54 pm

The Eleventh AK
oops i hit a nerve
Can't imagine how you'd do that, telling me that six of the games I really enjoy are pretentious. surprised

The Eleventh AK
actually I thought DmC was a fun action game and really visually impressive, but that the characters were pretty 2-dimensional and Dante was cool at the beginning but sorta just turned into "generic a*****e" (and my thing on facebook about wanting hair like him was a joke, but apparently made a pretty big impression on you) and Rising has a good sense of humor and the cutting mechanic is bad-a** but they don't tell you how to play or how the combat works which is bullshit, and the environments so far are all just boring gray buildings but I posted about a few parts I liked and that totally means I think they're completely flawless
It was a half-joke, but I'd (more than) half-believe you'd get your haircut like a video game character. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I haven't even seen you say anything about Revengeance--I was mostly just trying to point out that you get super hyped for ANY new release and seem to kind of overreact. But hey, I've been there too.

The Eleventh AK
and if having different taste in games than you makes me unenjoyable... oh ********' no except for I gave up trying to impress you with that a long time ago when I realized it's ******** sad to define people by what toys they play with.
You'd be just as offended if I said that a game you liked a lot was pretentious and don't lie about it. I know you like Runner2, I could count the times you've told me that in almost those exact words in the limited communication we've had in the past week.

But I'm glad you gave up on that.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:01 pm

>mfw I get new pictures/videos

User Image

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:19 pm

You tools both have terrible taste in games. Now if you'll excuse me, I just got Resident Evils 6 and 5. *struts away*
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:56 pm

[Kegan]
A paper mache mask that goes over the mouth could be really uncomfortable after being breathed on for a while, though... Uhhhhh
They make totally flat masks that are reflective on one side and transparent on the other, which I might get. Cut out the eye and mouth holes, paint it red and white and then get some cheapo shades, put the lenses behind the eye holes and just some black cloth over the mouth? Would that work?

I'm really not sure how to do the mask, but Lucas's girlfriend can help me with a key, I think. I think I will go with Phanto in a suit. I can't decide on red, white or black for the suit, though... And I was thinking of a zentai suit under it all, but that's mostly just to cover my hair (would look stupid with... anything) and my hands... But I COULD get red and white gloves and then a head cover.

ARGH

Still, I found a white and red zentai suit, split down the middle (correctly) for pretty cheap... But that might look stupid with the red and white mask. The reds might not match up, too. What color zentai suit do I want? What color suit do I want? I'm not sure. Red and white gloves would be neat

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:01 pm

I say you all are just a bunch of jerkoff orgy faggots, still not having played through Persona 3 or 4. You ain't know s**t about taste. Man, ******** y'all.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:14 pm

I think I might do black zentai suit or at least head-cover, so I can cover my hair and then cut holes in the mask and still have the black backdrop. Then red/white gloves, black suit, white/red undershirt and red/white tie.

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Meta_Fish
[Kegan]
A paper mache mask that goes over the mouth could be really uncomfortable after being breathed on for a while, though... Uhhhhh
They make totally flat masks that are reflective on one side and transparent on the other, which I might get. Cut out the eye and mouth holes, paint it red and white and then get some cheapo shades, put the lenses behind the eye holes and just some black cloth over the mouth? Would that work?

I'm really not sure how to do the mask, but Lucas's girlfriend can help me with a key, I think. I think I will go with Phanto in a suit. I can't decide on red, white or black for the suit, though... And I was thinking of a zentai suit under it all, but that's mostly just to cover my hair (would look stupid with... anything) and my hands... But I COULD get red and white gloves and then a head cover.

ARGH

Still, I found a white and red zentai suit, split down the middle (correctly) for pretty cheap... But that might look stupid with the red and white mask. The reds might not match up, too. What color zentai suit do I want? What color suit do I want? I'm not sure. Red and white gloves would be neat
You could get some fancy white gloves and maybe just get something to cover your head. A full body suit under a suit over a shirt with a tie sounds like it might be adding a lot of heat.

But so would gloves, I guess. Is this PAX east? because I guess that in Boston in march, this might even be comfortable.

As for the eyes, maybe a fine-fine mesh, like the kind they use for costume hoods. I think if they eye holes were reflective it might seem weird.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25519 25520 25521 25522 25523 25524 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games