Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25543 25544 25545 25546 25547 25548 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Cody Party Pie

Partying Capitalist

6,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Meta_Fish

I love Rooster Teeth, though I never watch RVB. Their comedy stuff is usually pretty good.

I agree. I watch everything by RoosterTeeth, except Red vs. Blue. Haven't gotten into that yet. Just thought I'd share the New Super Mario Bros. U video since this is the Nintendo Cult! biggrin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:38 pm

Yeah, it would probably be better in 3D.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 pm

A Zelda II remake would be cool.
...Eventually they're gonna get to the point where they've remade every Zelda game (except Majora for the 3DS because they hate me. crying )
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:11 am

I'm going to be honest. I game on my PC more than anything else these days. I don't think I've actually been a majority "Nintendo gamer" since the N64.

Am I shunned now? sad

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:15 am

You nerds should buy Orcs Must Die 2. The base game is only 4 dollars on Steam. I recommend it, and I will play it with you.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:18 am

I mean, I've played the ******** out of it already. Me and a friend were pretty OCD about going in and getting top rank on most of the levels, but there's a whole lot to do, and I'm pretty sure they're still making new weekly challenges.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:20 am

Holy s**t it is 3AM. Well, you have until like 4PM PST. It will probably not be much cheaper than this like ever, but it will probably be exactly this cheap again the next time it goes on sale.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:08 am

Adventure Time is Zelda II remake enough for me. I like how it offers clear directions and stuff.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:17 am

16-bit Jazzy
Adventure Time is Zelda II remake enough for me. I like how it offers clear directions and stuff.

Oh, yeah. Good point.
Adventure Time was fun.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:27 am

i has orcs must die 2. i got it a long while back.

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:03 am

Xilo The Odd
i has orcs must die 2. i got it a long while back.
We should jam some time.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:40 pm

If you aren't going to get OMD2, you should play Warframe with me. It'd a decently fair F2P game that is like if Monster Hunter had a baby with Left 4 Dead.

Except you don't really NEED to make new stuff, because your weapons get slots for new augmentations as you use them... But sometimes you just want a laser sword, and you make that laser sword. but first you hunt down the boss who drops it until you get the blueprints.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:40 pm

I cannot hear out of my left ear. This makes hearing difficult.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Actually wait, weapon blueprints come from certain alert missions. Bosses drop blueprints for new character classes, which are all useless because Excalibur seems to be the only class worth playing.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Yeah... Adventure Time was super fun compared to Zelda II.

I've been guilting myself about not having played much of or beaten a lot of NES classics that people claim are still worth playing today, like that, Metroid, Castlevania (3), Battletoads, Ghosts n Goblins, Double Dragon and Contra and even for not going the distance and beating Tyson/Mr. Dream. But at the same time... these games are just getting shittier and shittier by today's standards. It's like the only reason to play a lot of them is to be able to brag that you beat something so hard.
That's not the case with all NES games. Like, Ninja Gaiden for example was really hard but I actually enjoyed PLAYING it, which isn't the case for a lot of NES games beyond a few minutes. A lot of NES games wouldn't necessarily be shitty by NES standards, but by today's standards, they would be, and they'd be just way too hard and/or tedious to be fun.
Then you have games like SMB3, Mega Mans, Snow Bros. and Kirby which were just so good in every way that they are actually more fun to play than a lot of newer games.
The NES should be adored for what it did for gaming. It improved vastly upon the options that were available before (I have no interest in trying any games pre-NES whatsoever). A lot of games were pioneers. A lot of fresh new ideas that weren't possible before, happened on the NES. Also, the graphical limitations and especially the musical limitations created something very charming (8-bit!). But outside of a few stellar games I just can't see the point in playing a lot of those old games much, outside of experiencing history or whatever. Even Earthbound Zero, which was one of my favorite games probably, may have had a story, soundtrack and graphics that surpassed most NES games', and it may have been the best RPG on the console, but it's just unplayable today because of how ridiculous the random encounters are. I played an easy hack of it and still had to use the x2 speed on my emulator, a lot. But it was really interesting to experience such an ancient RPG in its entirety for the first time. It felt kinda like getting to take a time machine and visit a time past. It made me nostalgic for something I was experiencing for the first time. Everything but the gameplay really was what made it worth it.
But yeah, the NES simultaneously owns and sucks. There aren't a ton of games left that I legitimately still want to beat even though I haven't beaten a ton of "classics".
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25543 25544 25545 25546 25547 25548 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games