Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25546 25547 25548 25549 25550 25551 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:59 pm

16-bit Jazzy
So I'm pretty sure that this confirms that the new Mewtwo thing is in fact a form of Mewtwo, and that there will be a different form if you get X (they just showed off the one for Y). It just says "Mewtwo" in Japanese as the name for all three of those guys. They'll probably be called Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y, which do sound fitting for a Pokemon created by tampering with the DNA of another Pokemon.

I like the X one better but still say they both look kinda dumb. Mewtwo just looks better because he has a normal tail and cute, small head like a catlike thing SHOULD and not an obnoxious head tail. Good thing there's always the option of just having plain ol' Mewtwo. Guess it's not a big deal because no one uses legendaries on their teams anyway.

Also I just found out from Bulbapedia that Mew comes from Guyana. I'm so confused sometimes, like is the Pokemon world supposed to be the real world or no?? Do they call it the Pokemon world or do they call it Earth? I guess it's just Earth if Pokemon had existed.
mewtwo's dream is to be Majin Buu from DBZ
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:10 pm

I kinda prefer mewtwo Y by those pictures. I'm going to guess the form change has something to do with a held item or taking him to some area and touching a stone or something. They probably all have the same stats, but balanced differently. Y is probably the attack centric one and X the defense centric one. Or Y is the special attacker and X is the physical attacker... But that seems kinda sucky, since even though mewtwo can learn almost any move, he only gets STAB from psychic moves, which are usually not physical.

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:58 pm

Legend of Grimrock is on sale again. It's a great game, I think, but I realize it's not for everyone. It seemed super lame to me at first, but when I actually played it was great.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 pm

[Kegan]
I kinda prefer mewtwo Y by those pictures. I'm going to guess the form change has something to do with a held item or taking him to some area and touching a stone or something. They probably all have the same stats, but balanced differently. Y is probably the attack centric one and X the defense centric one. Or Y is the special attacker and X is the physical attacker... But that seems kinda sucky, since even though mewtwo can learn almost any move, he only gets STAB from psychic moves, which are usually not physical.
zen headbutt! ther are a few others i can think of but i know i'll get the names wrong.

Xilo The Odd

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:57 pm

16-bit Jazzy
So I'm pretty sure that this confirms that the new Mewtwo thing is in fact a form of Mewtwo, and that there will be a different form if you get X (they just showed off the one for Y). It just says "Mewtwo" in Japanese as the name for all three of those guys. They'll probably be called Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y, which do sound fitting for a Pokemon created by tampering with the DNA of another Pokemon.

Can I get a source for this picture? I'm seeing the Y form all over Pixiv and big Pokémon sites, but literally nothing on the X form.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:18 am

Zephyrkitty
16-bit Jazzy

Can I get a source for this picture? I'm seeing the Y form all over Pixiv and big Pokémon sites, but literally nothing on the X form.

The user "Script_Z" linked to it on kotaku: http://kotaku.com/this-is-actually-supposed-to-be-different-forms-of-mewt-471042603

So yeah it is possible that it's fake. If it is, they did a great job.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:24 am

Xilo The Odd
16-bit Jazzy

I like the X one better but still say they both look kinda dumb. Mewtwo just looks better because he has a normal tail and cute, small head like a catlike thing SHOULD and not an obnoxious head tail. Good thing there's always the option of just having plain ol' Mewtwo. Guess it's not a big deal because no one uses legendaries on their teams anyway.

Also I just found out from Bulbapedia that Mew comes from Guyana. I'm so confused sometimes, like is the Pokemon world supposed to be the real world or no?? Do they call it the Pokemon world or do they call it Earth? I guess it's just Earth if Pokemon had existed.
mewtwo's dream is to be Majin Buu from DBZ

I guess he got sick of being compared to Freiza razz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:15 am

http://www.p3m.jp/

D:<

According to this, the protagonist of P3 will be called Makoto Yuki in the new anime movie thingy. Minato Arisato suits him so much better. I don't like it. Also Makoto is Sailor Jupiter's name. And the girl in Street Fighter's. >_>

It just means Truth. Truth Blessing. -_- That should have been the P4 guy's name, then.

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:03 am

I got to chapter 3 of Paper Mario last night. I got my first game over in the forever forest. I was either too dumb to pack healing items or too dumb to double check, I don't recall which.

I should have run away, but piranha plants always seem to come in 4s, which makes running harder to do. Even if you block they still do like 2-3 damage, I think. Can't recall.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 am

heart

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:39 am

Mega Man Prime????
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 am

Nope

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 am

I almost want to hide from the Internet so I can just disregard fanbases and reviews and judge for myself

Earthbound is a fun game, but oh my god it's the best game ever and needs to be rereleased and Mother 3 omg omg omg

Well I ain't give a s**t about those people, nor do I give a s**t about the people who hate the games all because of their fanbase! I have played all three and they're really good to be but not the best games ever. They DON'T need to be rereleased that badly since I've been able to play them all in English, and I'll like them if I want and not be rabid so ******** you

Also f u I don't need to play any game that gets a high rating or that many people say is the best ever if I don't want to because it probably isn't.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 am

yeah plenty of games get overrated due to their fanbase and whoever developed it. CoD and battlefield are ok games if you want a semi realistic shooter, but by no means are they the end all be all shooting game of the millennium. nor is one better than the other. to me they both suck. i'd rather play TF2 and shoot some robots or diss some bronies. not because they are wrong, but its funny!

i myself have gotten into the habit of only looking at reviews for something i might like, and i look at the mid ratings and lower a 5 star rating usually doesn't tell me much beyond WOOOO DIS IS TEH AWSUM! 3 star usually points out the flaws and i can judge if that'll affect my enjoyment at all and some of the lower ones are either serious or seriously dumb and fun to read.

Xilo The Odd

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Okay, I went and image searched the Mewtwo picture, and the only hits were a Tumblr blog with a post along the lines of 'wouldn't it be neat if...' and several sites posting a blank version of that Mewtwo picture, so it's definitely fake. Mewtwo could certainly get a second form that's dependent on version, but that's not it.

The reason people want a rerelease of the Mother games is because they're on older systems and massively out of print despite Smash Bros giving the series new attention. Yes they're all available in English, but if I don't want to pirate them then I have to buy a NES and SNES, pay crazy prices (over retail price for most of today's games) for EB, hope I get lucky with a prototype EB0 auction, and even then I'm still missing M3. And none of that money has gone to the creators of the game since I have to buy everything used.

I don't think EB is the ZOMG BEST GAME EVAR either, but wanting to support the series and not wanting to have to pirate a game to be able to play it are hardly unreasonable or ridiculous. It's the entire point behind fans asking for official releases of ANY game.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25546 25547 25548 25549 25550 25551 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games